Zone1 How Reparations Should work

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I've always favored the tort system for addressing the many provable claims of racially biased seizing of land by the govt. via eminent domain--only to sell the land to the White people who wanted it.
I never considered the Govt. would actually recognize the wrongs done...and make amends. BTW..that is the actual definition of 'reparation'.
This is the first time that any US govt...at any level..has actually given some of the land back.

The 2nd link is a great overview of the issue. A long read for some..but very informative for the two of you who actually care...LOL~

Six months ago, Los Angeles County leaders signed off on an unprecedented transaction: They would return two parcels of beachfront property in Manhattan Beach to the Bruce family, the first example of the government giving back land to a Black family after acknowledging it had been stolen.

On Tuesday, the county announced a surprise twist in the historic deal: The family would sell the Bruce’s Beach property back to the county for nearly $20 million.

In the early 1900s, Willa and Charles Bruce were pushed out of a bustling resort they had built, beloved by the area’s Black community. The Ku Klux Klan, along with other white residents of the area, plotted to drive the family away and city officials later condemned their property in 1924 through eminent domain, claiming they needed the lots for a park. The family’s resort was demolished, and the Bruce family moved away. The park would not be built for decades.

In an effort to “right the wrongs of the past,” the board made the momentous decision in June to return the Manhattan Beach land to the descendants of the Bruces, a move celebrated nationally by reparation advocates.

As part of the agreement, Bruce family members had a two-year window in which they could require the county to buy back the property from them. They have decided to do just that.

Utter BS.
Boo-hoo~

You see by this..that you and your ilk are losing, slowly, incrementally, and surely.
Eminent Domain was one of the most widely used tools of racism last century...and we're going to pay those people's descendants what they're owed.
This is just the first crack in the dam.

Sucks to be a Boomer racist in the 21st century, eh?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Here is how reparations to Black Americans should work. Each Black American should be compensated for slavery commensurate to how much harm slavery did to that person's life. I just did a quick calculation and I come up with ZERO DOLLARS OWED.
WTF does that have to do with the OP? Not a single word was said about slavery, or the reparations for it.

Do you think that if the KKK provably conspired with the Govt. to seize a private citizens land, that they are entitled to recompense?

• Winner
I've always favored the tort system for addressing the many provable claims of racially biased seizing of land by the govt. via eminent domain--only to sell the land to the White people who wanted it.
I never considered the Govt. would actually recognize the wrongs done...and make amends. BTW..that is the actual definition of 'reparation'.
This is the first time that any US govt...at any level..has actually given some of the land back.

The 2nd link is a great overview of the issue. A long read for some..but very informative for the two of you who actually care...LOL~

Six months ago, Los Angeles County leaders signed off on an unprecedented transaction: They would return two parcels of beachfront property in Manhattan Beach to the Bruce family, the first example of the government giving back land to a Black family after acknowledging it had been stolen.

On Tuesday, the county announced a surprise twist in the historic deal: The family would sell the Bruce’s Beach property back to the county for nearly $20 million.

In the early 1900s, Willa and Charles Bruce were pushed out of a bustling resort they had built, beloved by the area’s Black community. The Ku Klux Klan, along with other white residents of the area, plotted to drive the family away and city officials later condemned their property in 1924 through eminent domain, claiming they needed the lots for a park. The family’s resort was demolished, and the Bruce family moved away. The park would not be built for decades.

In an effort to “right the wrongs of the past,” the board made the momentous decision in June to return the Manhattan Beach land to the descendants of the Bruces, a move celebrated nationally by reparation advocates.

As part of the agreement, Bruce family members had a two-year window in which they could require the county to buy back the property from them. They have decided to do just that.
I don’t see this as repirations, I see this as returning stolen property.

I am curious about the 20 million figure.. how did they come up with that number?

Last edited:
I don’t see this as reputations, I see this as returning stolen property.

I am curious about the 20 million figure.. how did they come up with that number?
Very nice beachfront property---currently occupied by a luxury hotel.

From the 2nd link:

Under pressure from the Ku Klux Klan, the city of Manhattan Beach used its eminent domain authority in 1924 to drive out a seaside resort for Black guests owned by Willa and Charles Bruce, promising to put a park in its place.

Just as Silas White was about to realize his dream of establishing the Ebony Beach Club as a Black-owned haven free of racism in 1958, Santa Monica used eminent domain to confiscate his property, demolishing it with plans to create public parking. The luxury Viceroy Hotel now sits on the lot.

• Thanks

It can be both, yes? There was a racial motivation for the theft by eminent domain--the owners at the time were letting people of color hang out at the beach..and that was intolerable to the White folk of the time.
Thus the reparations tag.

• Thanks

Yes, this is one plank.

Reparations includes things like this. You need to study exactly what they are instead of being race pimped into a fake belief.

Boo-hoo~

You see by this..that you and your ilk are losing, slowly, incrementally, and surely.
Eminent Domain was one of the most widely used tools of racism last century...and we're going to pay those people's descendants what they're owed.
This is just the first crack in the dam.

Sucks to be a Boomer racist in the 21st century, eh?

My "ilk"? Your kind are destroyers of society with your never ending race crap.

From the 2nd link:

Under pressure from the Ku Klux Klan, the city of Manhattan Beach used its eminent domain authority in 1924 to drive out a seaside resort for Black guests owned by Willa and Charles Bruce, promising to put a park in its place.

Just as Silas White was about to realize his dream of establishing the Ebony Beach Club as a Black-owned haven free of racism in 1958, Santa Monica used eminent domain to confiscate his property, demolishing it with plans to create public parking. The luxury Viceroy Hotel now sits on the lot.
Paywall..got another link?

Reparations includes things like this. You need to study exactly what they are instead of being race pimped into a fake belief.
What are you talking about ? I just asked where they came up with the 20 million figure.

Paywall..got another link?
Odd..works for me~

Here ya go...

Just what this has to do with the Op escapes me. It's like you morons see the word 'reparations' and just start spitting out racist crypto-reasoning.

Don't suppose you have anything to say about the racist use of eminent domain in the 20th century...or the redressing of provable theft of property via the same?
Because the OP is all just racist dog whistles.

What exactly does “eminent domain” have to do with race? Oh yeah, that’s right, it’s the same old woke anti-white blubbering.

From the 2nd link:

So, I’m confused..the hotel group didn’t own the land the hotel sits on? Now the state owns the property? Did they seize the property from the current owners? Why weren’t the hotel owners now given the opportunity to buy the property?

Also, I’ve asked you before..what does reputations look like to you?

Because the OP is all just racist dog whistles.

What exactly does “eminent domain” have to do with race? Oh yeah, that’s right, it’s the same old woke anti-white blubbering.
Not big on reading, are you?
BTW...not anti-white at all. Anti-racist though...and as far as you're concerned...it's the same thing, right?
It's not though..not even close.
But do whine on..it amuses~

So, I’m confused..the hotel group didn’t own the land the hotel sits on? Now the state owns the property? Did they seize the property from the current owners? Why weren’t the hotel owners now given the opportunity to buy the property?
Why should they have? Not sure of all the in's and outs...but I do know that all's well that ends well, yes?

Family got 20M..hotel continues to operates. Only losers are the usual suspects who think the KKK had a good idea..and are angry that their scheme finally unravels a century later.

Forum List

Back