Zone1 How Reparations Should work

Not big on reading, are you?
BTW...not anti-white at all. Anti-racist though...and as far as you're concerned...it's the same thing, right?
It's not though..not even close.
But do whine on..it amuses~
Ok then. Since you want to continue this charade as if everyone has an IQ of 80, tell me why you posted this in the race-relations/racism topic then?

Ok, that part is true. Land was stolen from them, so they are just righting a wrong..that’s not reparations, I mean I guess you could look at it like that, but I see it as the property was just being restored to its rightful owners.

Why should they have? Not sure of all the in's and outs...but I do know that all's well that ends well, yes?

Family got 20M..hotel continues to operates. Only losers are the usual suspects who think the KKK had a good idea..and are angry that their scheme finally unravels a century later.
Because the taxpayers of that county shouldn’t be on the hook for the 20 million? Would have been better to let the hotel owners pay that price..and the people would still have their 20 million and the taxpayers wouldn’t be on the hook for it.

Deleted several posts that were derailing the thread in predictable directions. The OP is pretty specific regarding the topic, it isn’t a discussion on overall reparations for slavery. There are plenty of threads already for that. Please keep to the topic.

Ok, that part is true. Land was stolen from them, so they are just righting a wrong..that’s not reparations, I mean I guess you could look at it like that, but I see it as the property was just being restored to its rightful owners.
That IS one form of reparations.

Because the taxpayers of that county shouldn’t be on the hook for the 20 million? Would have been better to let the hotel owners pay that price..and the people would still have their 20 million and the taxpayers wouldn’t be on the hook for it.
The county initially took the land.

Ok, I guess I see it differently but fine, we’ll go with repirations.
You need to go study what types of things can be done as reparations instead of falling for the white race hustle.

The county initially took the land.
… about 100 years ago? The people who live there now are not the people who lived there then, those taxpayers shouldn’t be on the hook when the hotel may have paid that price for that land and everyone would have been square.

Still doesn’t answer, who owned the land when the county gave it back to the Bruce descendants?

I disagree. The county was culpable in the theft..in fact, more than that, the theft via eminent domain could not have happened with the assistance of the county--the hotel was not part of the scheme..it came along years later.
Thus they paid...I might add, they did so without court order...recognizing that their predecessors were in the wrong..and owning up to their responsibility to redress the wrongs committed.

I disagree. The county was culpable in the theft..in fact, more than that, the theft via eminent domain could not have happened with the assistance of the county--the hotel was not part of the scheme..it came along years later.
Thus they paid...I might add, they did so without court order...recognizing that their predecessors were in the wrong..and owning up to their responsibility to redress the wrongs committed.

Sure, and if that were to have happened 100 years ago, I’d be in full agreement, but now you have people living there who had nothing to do with it.

I’m not suggesting a wrong wasn’t righted here, what I’m saying is, the county should have looked for private buyers, starting with the hotel chain.

Deleted several posts that were derailing the thread in predictable directions. The OP is pretty specific regarding the topic, it isn’t a discussion on overall reparations for slavery. There are plenty of threads already for that. Please keep to the topic.
Sorry boss! I’ll be good!

… about 100 years ago? The people who live there now are not the people who lived there then, those taxpayers shouldn’t be on the hook when the hotel may have paid that price for that land and everyone would have been square.

Still doesn’t answer, who owned the land when the county gave it back to the Bruce descendants?
The family that the land was taken from still exists. Had the county not taken the land, they could not have sold it. The taxpayers were probably on the hook when the hotel was built. They probably got some kind of tax break to build. Your question is unecessary. So is all the disingenuous commentary you are posting.

Sure, and if that were to have happened 100 years ago, I’d be in full agreement, but now you have people living there who had nothing to do with it.

I’m not suggesting a wrong wasn’t righted here, what I’m saying is, the county should have looked for private buyers, starting with the hotel chain.
As I understand it, the property was given back to the family..in fee simple. They reserved the right to sell it..at the counties request..and the $20M was the price agreed upon.
I suspect it was just easier that way...BTW..let us not be TOO disingenuous here, $20M is a drop in the bucket for this rich county...not one of those taxpayers will notice..and I suspect that many, if not most, approve of this action.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back