How should the courts test whether a person really has a religiously based objection to vaccines or birth control coverage?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
How high should the bar be set? When is it okay to tell a business that their alleged religiously based objection or imperative is bullshit?

How high should the bar be set? When is it okay to tell a business that their alleged religiously based objection or imperative is bullshit?

What right do you have to employer paid birth control? Please tell me in what way, shape, or form, your employer has anything to do with what goes on in your bedroom.

What right do you have to employer paid birth control? Please tell me in what way, shape, or form, your employer has anything to do with what goes on in your bedroom.

Off topic. This is about courts carving out religious based exceptions to laws that are otherwise left in place as valid. You are talking about laws being fully invalid on the whole.

The question should be: Is it ever OK for govt to attempt to tell us we have to take a vaccine or provide others with birth control, religious objection or not?
Spoiler alert- the answer is NO

Off topic.
Translation: "I can't answer because I'm completely full of shit."

This is about courts carving out religious based exceptions to laws that are otherwise left in place as valid. You are talking about laws being fully invalid on the whole.
You literally asked, "When is it okay to tell a business that their alleged religiously based objection or imperative is bullshit?" Those are your words verbatim, so I'll ask you again. Please tell me in what way, shape, or form, your employer has anything to do with what goes on in your bedroom.

Translation: "I can't answer because I'm completely full of shit."

You literally asked, "When is it okay to tell a business that their alleged religiously based objection or imperative is bullshit?" Those are your words verbatim, so I'll ask you again. Please tell me in what way, shape, or form, your employer has anything to do with what goes on in your bedroom.

According to the rules, you are not allowed to hijack or derail a thread. If that's what you want to talk about, go start a thread on the subject.

:rolleyes:

According the 1st amendment, it's none of their business in the first place.
Dems were in detention when they taught the 1st amendment in school. I'll quote it for these drop outs on the left, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

:rolleyes:

According the 1st amendment, it's none of their business in the first place.

Well, if the person is the one who is injecting their religious beliefs into the court case, then they've made it the court's business. So, how should a court go about testing the sincerity of the alleged religiously based objection to a law to complying with an otherwise valid law?

why do they have to have one?

with that said, the court merely looks to see if it’s a deeply held sincere belief

Well, if the person is the one who is injecting their religious beliefs into the court case, then they've made it the court's business. So, how should a court go about testing the sincerity of the alleged religiously based objection to a law to complying with an otherwise valid law?
What fucking part of the phrase "no religious test" do you fail to comprehend, dumbass? :dunno:

Nobody has to prove anything to you, it is not your business to try and regulate anyone's reasons for refusing this dangerous and completely ineffective vax that isn't really a vax.

According to the rules, you are not allowed to hijack or derail a thread. If that's what you want to talk about, go start a thread on the subject.

I'm talking about YOUR topic that YOU posted. You specifically stated businesses. You specifically noted birth control. You posed a hypothesis that you knew was loaded which is why you posed it in the first place and it blew up in your face. You thought you were being clever, but you're anything but.

What fucking part of the phrase "no religious test" do you fail to comprehend, dumbass? :dunno:

I understand the phrase perfectly. The constitution uses it to describe qualifications to hold public office. But that's not the subject here.

Nobody has to prove anything to you, it is not your business to try and regulate anyone's reasons for refusing this dangerous and completely ineffective vax that isn't really a vax.

I'm not the one who needs to be convinced, you're right about that. The question is about court cases, so it's the court who has to be convinced that a religiously based exception to an otherwise valid law should be granted. So how should they determine the bar?

with that said, the court merely looks to see if it’s a deeply held sincere belief

Yes, I know. But on what basis do they decide if it's a deeply held and sincere belief? What do you think the basis should be?

Forum List

Back