How Should We Change Our Policing to Avoid Chauvin-Floyd Type Mistakes?

What can we do to improve our police forces as they keep our communities safe? multiple sele3ctions

• Abolish all police departments as they are inherently too dangerous to control civilians

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yea I say get rid of the problem, let the hyphenated Americans go back to their "home country".

They don't call themselves American africans. They call themselves African Americans. So go back there.
Italian Americans, Asian American, Irish Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans...

African Americans...

Yet your concern is with African Americans,

Why is that...?

Now, about the lies that caused the warrant to be issued in the first place?
I wouldnt know

If the cops warn the residents before going in drug dealers either destroy the evidence or use the time to arm themselves for battle

but the cops could use bulletproof shields to protect themselves better and maybe avoid shootouts with innocent residents

You wouldn't know? Then how can you comment on anything? What you do not know is the reasons for the protests. Educate yourself.

Yea I say get rid of the problem, let the hyphenated Americans go back to their "home country".

They don't call themselves American africans. They call themselves African Americans. So go back there.
Italian Americans, Asian American, Irish Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans...

African Americans...

Why is that...?
My hyphen is rather vicarious, I am an Irish/German/Dutch/Scot/Native American

African Americans...

Why is that...?

Because it's the African ones that cause the problems around here.

I have been thinking about this for the last week and reading on different approaches, and I was wondering what people think about it here.

These would be Federali standards in order to receive Federal policing funds.

1) Cops should be banned from using neck restraint holds. This seems like a very dangerous practice, and when I was infantry training for some Cuban detention camps, we wwere told to not use neck restraints as it is easy to actually kill a person in a dozen different ways. so maybe police should be banned from using it?

2) Cops should have body cams on at all times when on duty. If it stops working they have to go back to theirprecinct and get it fixed before going back out.

3) Cops should have additional training on submission holds, the risks and what not to do.

4) Cops could be tracked on a Federal database for disciplinary action. This way a bad cop from Chicago cant conceal his past nad get hired on in Houston.

5) We should focus more on community outreach programs with police to soften their image more and build relations with the local community. More foot cops less patrol cars.

6) Stop voting into the mayors office people that have a history of slamming on cops.

7) Reduce militarization of our PEACE officers. Not every cop should be SWAT.

8) Increase pay for cops to reduce ned for overtime

9) cops should have random drug tests (especially for steroids)

10) Annual psychological review to help police deal with frustrations from the job, and these should be former cops as well as psychologists/
Do not forget the ring of silence. If a policeman witnesses a criminal act being perpetrated by another officer, he must stop that officer and report. This is supposed to be the case now, but sometimes doesn't happen. Not sure how to stop this, as it is individual law enforcement and sometimes whole department culture, protecting and covering. Like in the movie Serpico back in 1973, piercing the ring of silence is difficult.

I have been thinking about this for the last week and reading on different approaches, and I was wondering what people think about it here.

1) Cops should be banned from using neck restraint holds. This seems like a very dangerous practice, and when I was infantry training for some Cuban detention camps, we wwere told to not use neck restraints as it is easy to actually kill a person in a dozen different ways. so maybe police should be banned from using it?

2) Cops should have body cams on at all times when on duty. If it stops working they have to go back to theirprecinct and get it fixed before going back out.

3) Cops should have additional training on submission holds, the risks and what not to do.

4) Cops could be tracked on a Federal database for disciplinary action. This way a bad cop from Chicago cant conceal his past nad get hired on in Houston.

5) We should focus more on community outreach programs with police to soften their image more and build relations with the local community. More foot cops less patrol cars.

6) Stop voting into the mayors office people that have a history of slamming on cops.

10) Annual psychological review to help police deal with frustrations from the job, and these should be former cops as well as psychologists/
Good ideas. Riots are awful whenever they happen. Needless death and destruction. But if anything good can come of them and the attention they got for necessary change, grab it.

Good ideas. Riots are awful whenever they happen. Needless death and destruction. But if anything good can come of them and the attention they got for necessary change, grab it.

But if you allow riots to "get attention for necessary change" then you encourage more riots. The only thing riots should get people is arrested.

African Americans...

Why is that...?
Cool. An eclectic familiy tree, not exactly a "choosy mothers choose Jif" kind of ancestry.

But if you allow riots to "get attention for necessary change" then you encourage more riots.
Riots are intolerable as innocent people are affected.

Protests that are lawful are fine, IMO, but dont get in the way of my Dodge hemi 2500

vroom, vrooom!

African Americans...

Why is that...?
Hyphenated Americans are only half Americans

Disarm the majority of them.

Disarm is not really the right word. Leave them tasers, stun guns, pepper spray , batons, night sticks, and whatever else they can carry but take away the lethal force option from the majority. They do not need to carry lethal force into domestic situations or traffic stops, among other things.

Disarm is not really the right word. Leave them tasers, stun guns, pepper spray , batons, night sticks, and whatever else they can carry but take away the lethal force option from the majority. They do not need to carry lethal force into domestic situations or traffic stops, among other things.
Domestic disputes and traffic stops are the situations in which an officer is most likely to get killed.

Domestic disputes and traffic stops are the situations in which an officer is most likely to get killed.
Post up some facts to back your bullshit.

African Americans...

Why is that...?
I'm English, Scottish, Dutch, Irish, Italian American!

In other news water is still wet and the sky is still blue.

Then I suggest they stay away from them.

Cops aren’t the problem...negroes are.
Now piss yourself.

In other news water is still wet and the sky is still blue.

The first link is a decade old from a local paper.

The second link is a good argument for strong gun control laws.

Not really proving your point here.

The key is for police officers to be better trained to avoid the problem situations and people that lead to the unfortunate and ugly confrontation between Chauvin and Floyd. If Chauvin been flirting with a Donut Waitress, maybe showing her his gun and bragging about how many bad guys he whacked, he wouldn't have come within Floyd's space at all.
It is a police officers job to enforce the law; not avoid career criminals.

Forum List

Back