How Soon Do We Forget

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
In 2006, Rep Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), in her last act as a congresswoman introduced a bill to impeach President Bush, however it was merely a symbolic gesture, as it had no chance of passing. The the newly elected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also warned against "making hay over impeachment."

Again, on June 10, 2008, a bill introducing articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush was put forward by Democrat Dennis Kucinich, named H. Res 1258. Rep Sheila Jackson Lee also just today claimed "Democrats never tried to impeach Bush," however, she co-sponsored H. Res 1258.

So Republicans wanting to impeach the president isn't specifically exclusive to them. Democrats during Bush's entire presidency attempted to introduce legislation to impeach him. How soon do people forget that Democrats were trying to pull the same stunts all that time ago that they are railing on Republicans for doing.

As for suing the president, Democrats on two occasions attempted to sue a sitting president, once in 1970 to stop President Nixon from bombing Cambodia (Operation Menu), and in 2007 over President Bush's initiation of the Iraq War (Operation Iraqi Freedom). I will point out that the attempt in 1970 failed, because the courts made it clear congress lacked standing. They said that they could not sue the president for want of failing to get a specific issue through the legislative process. This is why the Republican lawsuit will fail as well.

Oh, how soon do we forget.

Last edited:
I follow Cynthia McKinneys FaceBook posts. (Yes I have a FaceBook. No I won't accept yer Friend Request)

You might be surprised to find out she doesn't like Obama either.

Her last post:
Cowardly, Hypocritical, Subservient Congressional Black Caucus Endorses Israeli Apartheid and Current War Crimes in Gaza.

I was just saying in another topic that I was sure hazlnut is not the only one who gets ideas for his (her?) topics from puppet masters. I said a lot of right wingers start topics that are nearly carbon copies of each other all the time, which is a sure sign of being provided copy and paste material from puppet masters.

And voilà! Just like that, at least three or four topics today on Democrats who wanted to impeach Bush years ago!

Last edited:
I was just saying in another topic that I was sure hazlnut is not the only one who gets ideas for his (her?) topics from puppet masters. I said a lot of right wingers start topics that are nearly carbon copies of each other all the time, which is a sure sign of being provided copy and paste material from puppet masters.

And voila! Just like that, at least three or four topics today on Democrats who wanted to impeach Bush years ago!

Well at least I'm not like PoliticalTorch. He posts carbon copies of his carbon copies.

I don't remember too many conservatives wanting to impeach Bush, despite their wanting to impeach Obama now.

...I mean, if the issue here is consistency...

And voilà! Just like that, at least three or four topics today on Democrats who wanted to impeach Bush years ago!

But not even remotely close to the all time USMB record of 87 threads on the same topic if I recall correctly!

And voila! Just like that, at least three or four topics today on Democrats who wanted to impeach Bush years ago!

Well at least I'm not like PoliticalTorch. He posts carbon copies of his carbon copies.

Ironic that in a thread called "How Soon Do We Forget" TK has no recollection of being a newbie himself less than 18 months ago!

How much leeway were you given and are you paying it forward?

Ironic that in a thread called "How Soon Do We Forget" TK has no recollection of being a newbie himself less than 18 months ago!

Reading TK's thread topics is like reading essay attempts by an 8 year old school boy.

So, what does that have to do with this thread? Given that I have 21 million rep points and am a contributing member here, I'd say I made my own leeway.

So, what does that have to do with this thread? Given that I have 21 million rep points and am a contributing member here, I'd say I made my own leeway.

You gave your thread an open ended name which means it could apply to anything. You then deflected to PoliticalTorch who hasn't even posted in this thread so you opened the door.

You were given 21k by other posters, TK just as I was given my rep by other posters. That doesn't give me the leeway to dump on a noob as a way to deflect from my own shortcomings.

In 2006, Rep Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), in her last act as a congresswoman introduced a bill to impeach President Bush, however it was merely a symbolic gesture, as it had no chance of passing. The the newly elected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also warned against "making hay over impeachment."

Again, on June 10, 2008, a bill introducing articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush was put forward by Democrat Dennis Kucinich, named H. Res 1258. Rep Sheila Jackson Lee also just today claimed "Democrats never tried to impeach Bush," however, she co-sponsored H. Res 1258.

So Republicans wanting to impeach the president isn't specifically exclusive to them. Democrats during Bush's entire presidency attempted to introduce legislation to impeach him. How soon do people forget that Democrats were trying to pull the same stunts all that time ago that they are railing on Republicans for doing.

As for suing the president, Democrats on two occasions attempted to sue a sitting president, once in 1970 to stop President Nixon from bombing Cambodia (Operation Menu), and in 2007 over President Bush's initiation of the Iraq War (Operation Iraqi Freedom). I will point out that the attempt in 1970 failed, because the courts made it clear congress lacked standing. They said that they could not sue the president for want of failing to get a specific issue through the legislative process. This is why the Republican lawsuit will fail as well.

Oh, how soon do we forget.

Then why are the Republicans in a headlong stampede away from the calls for impeaching Obama?

You gave your thread an open ended name which means it could apply to anything. You then deflected to PoliticalTorch who hasn't even posted in this thread so you opened the door.

You were given 21k by other posters, TK just as I was given my rep by other posters. That doesn't give me the leeway to dump on a noob as a way to deflect from my own shortcomings.

Nor does it give you any leeway to derail the thread. Torch makes himself a target. He is no more of a target than I was this past February. You saw how many threads were made about me in the FZ then. Now, if you have anything intelligent to add, I suggest you do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back