How the fuck do you get laid off from college? LMAO

I've been waiting for this.

It could be just the start. . . .

This one graph shows why the higher ed bubble may be close to bursting
This one graph shows why the higher ed bubble may be close to bursting - The College Fix
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/26010/

A graph released by a federal reserve bank shows federal spending on student loans has spiked dramatically in the last five years, prompting some observers to voice concern about the consequences of such a steep and exponential hike.

Federal student loans, while increasing, generally hovered at around $100 billion from 1995 to 2010, but spending since then increased tenfold to a whopping $1 trillion.

Economists believe the amount of federal money allocated to student loans shown in this graph is highly “unsustainable.”....
Graph1.jpg

Economist Daniel Lin concurs, stating that college tuition costs have gone up 945 percent since 1980 in a talk entitled “Why is Higher Education So Expensive?”

“When you’re subsidizing something, it’s cheaper for people to consume. So people consume more of it and demand rises,” Lin said. “A rise in demand will mean a rise in costs.”

“Although many believe subsidies will make college more affordable, government subsidies actually contribute to rising costs,” Lin added.

Though seemingly counter-intuitive, the fact that federally funded subsidies have allowed colleges and universities to charge more is undeniable. Tuition rates have increased at nearly six times the inflation rate — for example if annual increases in Harvard’s tuition had kept pace with the inflation rate, this year’s tuition would be $15,189, rather than $45,278 (not including room and board), according to The College Board.

Glad I don't have any student loans

So no shit there I was, minding my own business in the Science and Technology section.

Then suddenly...

upload_2016-9-6_23-16-46.png

ITT Tech was a for profit college. It was also a scam, but that is a different discussion.

When the 'for profit' school doesn't bring in enough money, they have to cut expenses. People get laid off. The business goes under and a better alternative replaces it.

So why did those idiots think.they were guaranteed a job after ITT graduation?

ITT Tech was a for profit college. It was also a scam, but that is a different discussion.

When the 'for profit' school doesn't bring in enough money, they have to cut expenses. People get laid off. The business goes under and a better alternative replaces it.

So why did those idiots think.they were guaranteed a job after ITT graduation?

Because they believed the advertising.

Forum List

Back