How the heck does Kurt Russell's Soldier have a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes?

Sure... It's not the greatest movie of all time... but it's pretty good sci-fi entertainment. Solid 60 IMO.

Critics Consensus is it's a boring genre film and a waste of a good set.

Keep in mind that ever critic has different tastes in films. I noticed the audience score is a bit higher, 44%. It bombed at the box and most critics gave it bad reviews. I didn't see the film and probably won't because the few films I have seen by director, Paul William Scott Anderson such as Event Horizon and Resident Evil were mediocre at best and I don't have the time to waste. Since I haven't seen the film thou, I can't comment on it.

That was a horrible movie.

Kurt Russell is one of my favorite actors, going all the way back to his Disney movies.

His best, IMHO, was Escape From New York.

Another favorite of mine is Big Trouble in Little China. The movie is total schlock, but I love his character.

Tombstone is another favorite.

That was a horrible movie.

Kurt Russell is one of my favorite actors, going all the way back to his Disney movies.

His best, IMHO, was Escape From New York.

Another favorite of mine is Big Trouble in Little China. The movie is total schlock, but I love his character.

Tombstone is another favorite.
Before spending money on a movie, I have found that checking out the director is a good indicator as to what to expect in the quality of the film. Pay enough money and you'll get most actors to do a movie even it looks terrible. Directors are different. If a movie fails to get good reviews, the director is held responsible. If a movie fails at the box office, blame falls on the director. If a movie wins an academy award, the Oscar goes to the director. In short it's his baby.

If you google this director, you'll find the critics response to his movies are not very good. He specializes in fantasy, martial arts, fantasy martial arts, and video game adaptions. The audiences that go to these movies are not particularly interested in critic reviews. Name actors do these movies because the pay is good and there isn't much work, about $20 million for 2 to 3 weeks work for Kurt Russell in this movie. There is generally so much CGI, and scenes done with doubles and stunt men, that there really isn't that much screen time for the actor. I'm writing about these movies in general, not specifically this movie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back