How to cool the earth.

I didn't mention Co2.

Well, if Earth does start to warm, actually really warm, we need to check our orbit. Planets do get knocked out of orbit, and that would be bad. Earth would end up inside the
Sun = Global Warming.

Water droplets are great for this ... look at these photos of Earth and you can see the white clouds clear as ... day ... ha ha ... little joke there ...
I don't think we are able to create clouds yet.

FYI.

So murdering trees and decomposing their cold dead bodies into carbon dioxide is your answer to AGW? ... burning coal to save the environment ...

Let me guess, you were a part of the Johnson administration's Defense Department ...

I don't think we are able to create clouds yet.

Well ... you're wrong ... we do create clouds ... just burn fossil fuels and we create clouds ...

wuthermo-beaver-valley-large.jpg

Maybe climb those stairs out of your parent's basement and watch your mother boil water on her stove ... see? ... cloud ... cool eh? ...

So murdering trees and decomposing their cold dead bodies into carbon dioxide is your answer to AGW?
The 'trees' I'm talking about have long since been 'murdered'. Their remains are in huge piles of unneeded paper stored all over the world.

But you remind me of another point. The fact that gazillions of dead trees are rotting away in the world's forests, yielding up their carbon into the atmosphere, whereas they could have been burned for fuelwood first thus reducing the need for some fossil fuels (although some such trees are chipped and burned along with coal in coal-fueled power plants).

Plans to put reflective material into the upper atmosphere were scrapped because scientists feared it would remain with long term negative consequences.

My plan: Release it into the lower atmosphere where it will fall to earth without long term negative consequences.

And I'm not even a scientist. :)
add more CO2. When they radiate at each other they become cooler not warmer. Demofk science is always wrong.

Well ... you're wrong ... we do create clouds ... just burn fossil fuels and we create clouds ...

Maybe climb those stairs out of your parent's basement and watch your mother boil water on her stove ... see? ... cloud ... cool eh? ...
you know that picture isn't fossil fuel right? Oh no!!!!!!

We need clouds to cool the earth, not heat it up more. Anyway your 'clouds' aren't really clouds. Sorry.

The 'trees' I'm talking about have long since been 'murdered'. Their remains are in huge piles of unneeded paper stored all over the world.

But you remind me of another point. The fact that gazillions of dead trees are rotting away in the world's forests, yielding up their carbon into the atmosphere, whereas they could have been burned for fuelwood first thus reducing the need for some fossil fuels (although some such trees are chipped and burned along with coal in coal-fueled power plants).

You mean recycled paper? ... I'm going to ask for a citation on your claim here ... big piles of valuable resources aren't just left sitting around to rot ... paper, in particular, is recycled, almost all pre-consumer waste to trucked back to the start of the paper-making process and dumped in ... it doesn't even have to be pre-treated ...

Are you smart enough to NOT recycle pizza boxes? ...

Dead trees left in the forest decay ... the reduced carbon is used for microbial life ... again, why do you think there's giant piles of valuable resources just laying around? ... you must be from California or something ...

We need clouds to cool the earth, not heat it up more. Anyway your 'clouds' aren't really clouds. Sorry.

You don't know what a cloud is ... then I'm going to guess you don't know how clouds form naturally ... and I'm not going to take the time to explain it to you ... it involves "college science" and folks here hate that ...

So ... whatever magic suits your argument is valid ... don't let me try to tell you any different ...

I get you’re confused! You believe demofks anti science nonsense.

Look it up, can two objects at the same temperature radiating toward each other neither will get warmer. It’s physics!

Two co2 molecules are objects and therefore behave the same as my original point!! They only get cooler. Period

you know that picture isn't fossil fuel right? Oh no!!!!!!

So what? ... talk about the nitpickiest of nitpicking ... besides, that cement didn't cure itself ... can't you see the carbon dioxide boiling off all that concrete? ...

The physics says it's a cloud ... water droplets between human eye resolution and a wavelength of light ... and it's refraction that makes them white ...

So what? ... talk about the nitpickiest of nitpicking ... besides, that cement didn't cure itself ... can't you see the carbon dioxide boiling off all that concrete? ...

The physics says it's a cloud ... water droplets between human eye resolution and a wavelength of light ... and it's refraction that makes them white ...
well you called it fossil fuel and it isn't. I was just asking!

For the record, I understood your point. But again, you referenced the source as fossil fuel. It isn't, and in fact is water vapor not smog.

well you called it fossil fuel and it isn't. I was just asking!

For the record, I understood your point. But again, you referenced the source as fossil fuel. It isn't, and in fact is water vapor not smog.

[blush] ... I accept your apology for me being wrong ... thank you ... [giggle] ... it's good to know who will take a bullet for me ...

Well, if Earth does start to warm, actually really warm, we need to check our orbit. Planets do get knocked out of orbit, and that would be bad. Earth would end up inside the
Sun = Global Warming.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...

You might wanna review Kepler's 3rd Law ... just saying ...

You mean recycled paper? ... I'm going to ask for a citation on your claim here ... big piles of valuable resources aren't just left sitting around to rot ... paper, in particular, is recycled, almost all pre-consumer waste to trucked back to the start of the paper-making process and dumped in ... it doesn't even have to be pre-treated ...
Here's one that's typical of a global paper glut problem.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-recycling-paper-1.5174138

Are you smart enough to NOT recycle pizza boxes? ...
You recycle the top, not the greasy bottom. You don't toss the whole box. Also, some pizza shops are lining the box so it doesn't get stained.

Dead trees left in the forest decay ... the reduced carbon is used for microbial life ... again, why do you think there's giant piles of valuable resources just laying around? ... you must be from California or somethin

I cut dead trees for firewood in our state forest, as do many others. Shown is only 1/3 of what I harvest per year from dead trees that are just "laying around" in the forest. ;)

IMG_3375.JPG

Last edited:
And it all would rain out quickly. IT would have to be replaced constantly.

Plus, it would let the heat reach the lower atmosphere, so it would have little cooling effect.
I get a cooling effect just standing under a thirty-foot tree. Even the ground is cooler. Even white surfaces at ground level reflect heat back into space.

The other day I was working in the sun and getting pretty worm, so I put on a light-colored shirt and felt cooler (not as hot) immediately.

I used to amaze my passengers when I flew over a road coursing through the green countryside in the summertime when the upward thermal rising from the road caused a noticeable upward 'bump' in the plane. At 3000 feet the road was barely visible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back