How to cool the earth.

You don't know what a cloud is ... then I'm going to guess you don't know how clouds form naturally ... and I'm not going to take the time to explain it to you ... it involves "college science" and folks here hate that ...

So ... whatever magic suits your argument is valid ... don't let me try to tell you any different ...
Are you suggesting that nuke cooling towers are a significant source of water vapor in the formation of clouds?

I get you’re confused! You believe demofks anti science nonsense.

Look it up, can two objects at the same temperature radiating toward each other neither will get warmer. It’s physics!

Two co2 molecules are objects and therefore behave the same as my original point!! They only get cooler. Period
Let's look at that as applied to my 'cloud' of white paper particles. Light/energy would enter and bounce around within the cloud or be reflected outward or upward but not downward, a net cooling effect for the earth.

This citation doesn't confirm your claim ... the article says Winnipeg is SELLING the paper ... and it's NOT stacking up to be wasted ... you said we have enorm=doing noyhing ...

Een my cat doesn'y vbuy this bullshit ...

I cut dead trees for firewood in our state forest, as do many others. Shown is only 1/3 of what I harvest per year from dead trees that are just "laying around" in the forest. ;)

Do you think they make paper out of dead trees? ... look on Google Earth ... west-central Oregon ... see the checkerboard pattern ... That's International Paper, Inc ... any questions? ...

I get a cooling effect just standing under a thirty-foot tree.

... and you didn't read the Wikipedia article on deforestation ...

The thirty foot tree cools the ground more than your paper slips ... in some cases for a century or two longer as well ...

Are you suggesting that nuke cooling towers are a significant source of water vapor in the formation of clouds?

No ... I'm suggesting humans can make clouds ... easy peasy ... see the clouds, those are human made ... besides, we pump the atmosphere with carbon dioxide and raise temperatures ... let the Laws of Physics do the rest ...

... or just plant trees ...

This citation doesn't confirm your claim ... the article says Winnipeg is SELLING the paper ... and it's NOT stacking up to be wasted ... you said we have enorm=doing noyhing ...
The point is that there a glut of paper that cannot absorbed by the market.
Do you think they make paper out of dead trees? ... look on Google Earth ... west-central Oregon ... see the checkerboard pattern ... That's International Paper, Inc ... any questions? ...
The point is that there are vast unused resources just laying around. Food waste is a big one.

. and you didn't read the Wikipedia article on deforestation ...
I'm well aware of deforestation, reforestation, and afforestation.
The thirty foot tree cools the ground more than your paper slips ... in some cases for a century or two longer as well ...
Every effort helps.
No ... I'm suggesting humans can make clouds ... easy peasy ... see the clouds, those are human made ... besides, we pump the atmosphere with carbon dioxide and raise temperatures ... let the Laws of Physics do the rest
Can and do aren't the same.
... or just plant trees ...
I plant lots of trees through my support of The Arbor Day Foundation, and Trees for Tomorrow, have for years.

The point is that there a glut of paper that cannot absorbed by the market.

Horsefeathers ... Winnipeg is selling the stuff at only a 20% discount .... glut yes ... but still cheaper than raw logs ...

We're at the point where your idea has been fleshed out and it's found wanting in several ways ... your source material is still prohibitively expensive even at the 20% discount ... and the decay times are going to be long if we're using bleached paper ... the work-around here is to use hemp paper ... the kind of marijuana that doesn't get you high ... aka ditchweed ...

Who's going to sit there with a pair of scissors cutting this paper up into strips? ... maybe use Chinese slave labor? ...

"Above the clouds" ... do you mean where jet airliners fly? ... there's going to be a few jet engine mechanics objecting to that idea ...

Also ... not a new idea:

A little study on your part and you'll get all the data you need to confirm or reject your theory ...

Horsefeathers ... Winnipeg is selling the stuff at only a 20% discount .... glut yes ... but still cheaper than raw logs ...

We're at the point where your idea has been fleshed out and it's found wanting in several ways ... your source material is still prohibitively expensive even at the 20% discount ... and the decay times are going to be long if we're using bleached paper ... the work-around here is to use hemp paper ... the kind of marijuana that doesn't get you high ... aka ditchweed ...

Who's going to sit there with a pair of scissors cutting this paper up into strips? ... maybe use Chinese slave labor? ...

"Above the clouds" ... do you mean where jet airliners fly? ... there's going to be a few jet engine mechanics objecting to that idea ...

Also ... not a new idea:

A little study on your part and you'll get all the data you need to confirm or reject your theory ...
I'm beginning to think that you would argue the time of day with a watchmaker. ;)

Every effort helps.

I plant lots of trees through my support of The Arbor Day Foundation, and Trees for Tomorrow, have for years.

All good.

And you are correct that we have real environmental problem.

Co2 and Global Warming are not part of that because Co2 does nothing and Earth is not warming.

Desalination of ocean water is one way to replenish the plant life destroyed. But it is a Band Aid. The real problem is human overpopulation.

The real problem is human overpopulation.
It wouldn't be a problem if we lived a simple lifestyle, but the demands of our modern lifestyle requires the destruction of the earth.

Last edited:

Every effort helps.

More CO2 in the air cools the air.

It wouldn't be a problem if we lived a simple lifestyle, but the demands of our modern lifestyle requires the destruction of the earth.
aren't humans part of nature? What do you think we are exactly?

You haven't posted any one thing humans do to control climate.

aren't humans part of nature? What do you think we are exactly?
The only 'natural' thing about man is our evil 'nature'.
You haven't posted any one thing humans do to control climate.
We can't control the climate. That would be disastrous. The best we can do is to protect ourselves from it.

yet you argue we are. You're fking goofy
Opening an umbrella doesn't control the rain but it does keep you dry.
Building your house using concrete doesn't stop tornadoes but it keeps you and your stuff safe. It's called mitigation, not control. ;)

Forum List

Back