How to Distort GDP Numbers To Create Prosperity Myths

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020

The substantial increase in the complexity of global supply chains and other production arrangements over the last three decades has challenged some traditional measures of national income account aggregates and raised the potential for distortions in conventional calculations of GDP and productivity. Challenges of Globalization in the Measurement of National Accounts examines a variety of multinational business activities, including how multinational enterprises arrange their financing and assign ownership of intellectual property to avoid tax and regulatory burdens, and assesses their impact on economic measurement. Several chapters consider how global supply chains complicate the interpretation of traditional trade statistics and how new measurement techniques, such as extended supply and use tables, can provide new information about global production arrangements. Other chapters examine the role of intangible capital in global production, including the intangible output of factoryless goods producers and the problems of measuring R&D in a globalized world. The studies in this volume also explore potential ways to enhance the quality of the national accounts by improving data collection and analysis and by updating the standards for measurement.

They have not been counting costs that affect the average American for so long inflation numbers are meaningless.

I found out yesterday they don't even count homeowner's insurance that has went up by leaps and bounds over the past few years. We are being snookered by these so-called "economists".

US home insurance rates up almost 38% since 2019: Report​

The published inflation number is faker than Bidens 81,000,LOL "votes" and faker than the Global Climate Warming Change numbers

They have not been counting costs that affect the average American for so long inflation numbers are meaningless.

I found out yesterday they don't even count homeowner's insurance that has went up by leaps and bounds over the past few years. We are being snookered by these so-called "economists".

Mine went up 45% upon renewal. I posted the letter attached in here explaining “costs per claim, costs to rebuild, costs of materials, labor” etc. Filthy Evil LowIQ STAIN ran from it like mush-mothed GaterMacBlack from a non-Leftist post.

A most conservative estimate is that inflation is at least double, and probably more for those at the bottom of the income brackets. I usually go by the calculators at Seeking Alpha, they have a couple based on the gold standard, and I consider those to be too low as well for many goods.

Forum List

Back