How to solve the problem of excess oxygen?

Nitrogen increases to 85%?

I find that hard to believe.
it is believed that it is neutral for our breathing, but for example, in scuba gear it cannot be completely replaced, so there is reason to believe that it matters for us.

How about a link or a source. As near as I can tell this OP is pure ignorance.

Current levels of Oxygen are 21%, even on Mt Everest.

The government defines an IDLH as below 19.5%

So this must be an imaginary circumstance?

How about a link or a source. As near as I can tell this OP is pure ignorance.
Don't you know about the scientific theory of mitochondrial aging? So which of us is ignorant? Decent people don't ask to prove the obvious.
Current levels of Oxygen are 21%, even on Mt Everest.
20,95% at sea level
I cannot vouch for the exact figures at altitude, but it is obvious that at altitude the air is more discharged and the partial pressure drops, there will be hypoxia in any case.
anyway, this does not change the essence of the issue

Don't you know about the scientific theory of mitochondrial aging? So which of us is ignorant? Decent people don't ask to prove the obvious.

20,95% at sea level
I cannot vouch for the exact figures at altitude, but it is obvious that at altitude the air is more discharged and the partial pressure drops, there will be hypoxia in any case.
anyway, this does not change the essence of the issue
Are you familiar with OSHA and what is IDLH. Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health? On Oxygen level of 19.5% is considered IDLH. You seemed to post that people live in an atmosphere of 15%, which is obviously is not true.

Further, we live in an oxygen level you claim is toxic to our health? You post percentages that are contrary to fact.

Hypoxia in any case? Bullshit!!! You should read wikipedia before you pretend you know the causes of Hypoxia.

Nitrogen increases to 85%?

I find that hard to believe.
Perhaps I was mistaken, the concentration in relation to volume per cubic meter is decreasing due to rarefaction, perhaps the ratio to nitrogen is different, I did not find these figures now, I came across this figure before.
But that doesn't change the point

Oxygen concentration over 20% in the air becomes toxic and poisons the body. This means that on the plain, people live at the maximum permissible concentration. Those who live in mountainous areas are at less risk, there is an oxygen content of about 15%.
What will happen if the concentration increases?

Moreover, even this concentration is destructive. Oxidative effects are the cause of aging and cancer(due to free radicals and so on).

How can the problem of excess oxygen be solved?

And how will you protect yourself from the action of oxygen in the current situation? Smoking tobacco helps to solve this problem, what do you think?

PS this is not a joke, everything is based on strictly scientific data
With the 7.5 billion oxygen thieves loitering the planet you'd think there would be none left ?
Cut down the rest of the rainforests so Monsanto can grow more bio-corn

Further, we live in an oxygen level you claim is toxic to our health? You post percentages that are contrary to fact.
it seems that I was slightly mistaken, the key role here is not the percentage ratio, but the partial pressure, but it still comes down to an increase in oxygen consumption, and oxygen toxicity begins immediately after the threshold of normal consumption in breathing conditions at sea level.

it seems that I was slightly mistaken, the key role here is not the percentage ratio, but the partial pressure, but it still comes down to an increase in oxygen consumption, and oxygen toxicity begins immediately after the threshold of normal consumption in breathing conditions at sea level.
No, you are totally mistaken.

Oxygen toxicity? How long have you suffered?

Oxygen concentration over 20% in the air becomes toxic and poisons the body. This means that on the plain, people live at the maximum permissible concentration. Those who live in mountainous areas are at less risk, there is an oxygen content of about 15%.

Moreover, even this concentration is destructive. Oxidative effects are the cause of aging and cancer(due to free radicals and so on).

And how will you protect yourself from the action of oxygen in the current situation? Smoking tobacco helps to solve this problem, what do you think?

The content of oxygen in the air by percentage is constant. 21% at sea level, 21% at 5000 meters.

Although the percentage of oxygen in inspired air is constant at different altitudes, the fall in atmospheric pressure at higher altitude decreases the partial pressure of inspired oxygen and hence the driving pressure for gas exchange in the lungs. An ocean of air is present up to 9-10 000 m, where the troposphere ends and the stratosphere begins. The weight of air above us is responsible for the atmospheric pressure, which is normally about 100 kPa at sea level. This atmospheric pressure is the sum of the partial pressures of the constituent gases, oxygen and nitrogen, and also the partial pressure of water vapour (6.3 kPa at 37°C). As oxygen is 21% of dry air, the inspired oxygen pressure is 0.21×(100−6.3)=19.6 kPa at sea level.

it is possible that the reduction of forests would really be beneficial, especially the northern ones, which, in addition, still retain moisture and lead to waterlogging
To Those Sitting Pretty, Nature Is Nothing But a Pretty Sight, Not to Be Defiled by Producing Anything Useful

The uninhibited development of nature leads to class mobility; that's why our hereditary ruling class does everything it can, including vicious lies from their Environmentalists, to stop it and reverse human economic progress back to the stagnancy of the Middle Ages.

As for smoking, richkids are sissies afraid of the Marlboro Man and all other masculine images. Their Daddies make all our laws, buying the love of the brats that way.

A gene causes cancer; there is no other carcinogen. Smoking only locates cancer; non-smokers with the cancer gene will get it somewhere else, probably in the middle organs, since they are emasculated anal-retentives.

Because of the prestige of nerd education, oncologists get away with being total failures. If they're too stupid to cure cancer, how are they smart enough to know what causes it? The two are directly related. They are bitter social-rejects trying to get even by controlling people's personal habits.

Do you know what partial pressure is and how to calculate it? Because I don't think you can get there with our standard atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi and 100% oxygen.

Exposures, from minutes to a few hours, to partial pressures of oxygen above 1.6 bars (160 kPa)—about eight times normal atmospheric partial pressure—are usually associated with central nervous system oxygen toxicity and are most likely to occur among patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and divers. Since sea level atmospheric pressure is about 1 bar (100 kPa), central nervous system toxicity can only occur under hyperbaric conditions, where ambient pressure is above normal.[31][32] Divers breathing air at depths beyond 60 m (200 ft) face an increasing risk of an oxygen toxicity "hit" (seizure). Divers breathing a gas mixture enriched with oxygen, such as nitrox, can similarly suffer a seizure at shallower depths, should they descend below the maximum operating depth allowed for the mixture.[33]

Forum List

Back