How to solve the problem of excess oxygen?

Do you know what partial pressure is and how to calculate it? Because I don't think you can get there with our standard atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi and 100% oxygen.

Exposures, from minutes to a few hours, to partial pressures of oxygen above 1.6 bars (160 kPa)—about eight times normal atmospheric partial pressure—are usually associated with central nervous system oxygen toxicity and are most likely to occur among patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and divers. Since sea level atmospheric pressure is about 1 bar (100 kPa), central nervous system toxicity can only occur under hyperbaric conditions, where ambient pressure is above normal.[31][32] Divers breathing air at depths beyond 60 m (200 ft) face an increasing risk of an oxygen toxicity "hit" (seizure). Divers breathing a gas mixture enriched with oxygen, such as nitrox, can similarly suffer a seizure at shallower depths, should they descend below the maximum operating depth allowed for the mixture.[33]

It's truly amazing how ignorant these people truly are. I bet not one of these idiots knows that the Space Program used to run 100% oxygen in the spacecraft.

nasm_logo2.png

Oxygen Supply​

The atmosphere in the Apollo spacecraft was 100% oxygen, at a pressure of five pounds per square inch. The oxygen system constantly added fresh oxygen to the cabin to replenish that breathed by the crew. Carbon dioxide exhaled by the astronauts was removed by canisters of lithium hydroxide.

To Those Sitting Pretty, Nature Is Nothing But a Pretty Sight, Not to Be Defiled by Producing Anything Useful

The uninhibited development of nature leads to class mobility; that's why our hereditary ruling class does everything it can, including vicious lies from their Environmentalists, to stop it and reverse human economic progress back to the stagnancy of the Middle Ages.

As for smoking, richkids are sissies afraid of the Marlboro Man and all other masculine images. Their Daddies make all our laws, buying the love of the brats that way.

A gene causes cancer; there is no other carcinogen. Smoking only locates cancer; non-smokers with the cancer gene will get it somewhere else, probably in the middle organs, since they are emasculated anal-retentives.

Because of the prestige of nerd education, oncologists get away with being total failures. If they're too stupid to cure cancer, how are they smart enough to know what causes it? The two are directly related. They are bitter social-rejects trying to get even by controlling people's personal habits.
nice, ignorant, rant

It's truly amazing how ignorant these people truly are. I bet not one of these idiots knows that the Space Program used to run 100% oxygen in the spacecraft.
it's just nonsense. Oxygen is used for anesthesia, but this is a very dangerous procedure.

it's just nonsense. Oxygen is used for anesthesia, but this is a very dangerous procedure.

NASA disagrees with you. O2 is kinda necessary. If you get too low a blood O2 level, you die. I think you need to do a LOT more research on the subject. You are quite ignorant about the subject.

That is because they are in every way superior to us flatlanders.
Say it isn’t so Dekster! I live in a valley which can be considered less than a flatlanders area, so I refuse to believe that Highlanders are way above all others lol

On topic -it’s really interesting in the difference in altitudes. I used to live in CO at 13,000 elevation. My roommate woke up with nosebleeds until her system adjusted. She also lived at a much lower elevation prior to moving there. I’ve not really considered the differences in oxygen levels but find it fascinating information.

Oncology and old age are directly related, because aging reduces immunity, and oncology depends on immunity.
Therefore, if oxygen leads to aging, it cannot be non-oncogenic.

I'd say aging is something the human body does naturally. Dogs get arthritis even though they only live like 20 years. It's not because arthritis happens after a certain time, it's because it's something the body starts to do.

I'd say aging is something the human body does naturally.
naturally there are 2 different aspects here: change and destruction. Naturally, the human body is capable of regeneration, and the 2 aspect is not natural but is the result of environmental influences

Maybe you want to check for yourself? Oxygen is commercially available and is used to cut metal. Try it and then tell me if you stay alive.

Do you breathe oxygen?

Will you die if you don't get it?

naturally there are 2 different aspects here: change and destruction. Naturally, the human body is capable of regeneration, and the 2 aspect is not natural but is the result of environmental influences

And how do we tell the difference? Usually the best way would be to look at patterns. But looking at patterns with oxygen doesn't show us anything.... so.....

And how do we tell the difference? Usually the best way would be to look at patterns. But looking at patterns with oxygen doesn't show us anything.... so.....
If parents have worked hard physically, they will age faster, because they accelerate the oxidative effect of physical aerobic activity

If parents have worked hard physically, they will age faster, because they accelerate the oxidative effect of physical aerobic activity

Can you show this?

Can you show how much someone has worked and therefore the aging process happening quicker? Do farmers age and die quicker than office workers?

Can you show this?

Can you show how much someone has worked and therefore the aging process happening quicker? Do farmers age and die quicker than office workers?
Yes, there are such observations. It is not officially published, but many say exactly it.
Here you also need to take into account other factors, but on average, this is how it is.

Yes, there are such observations. It is not officially published, but many say exactly it.
Here you also need to take into account other factors, but on average, this is how it is.

Well, the problem with unpublished work that hasn't been reviewed by scientific peers is that it's usually a load of crap.

If it were so, it'd have been published and accepted.

Even if it's not published, you haven't provided a shred of evidence. You just say it is so.

Why would I believe that? You made one claim, you can't back that up, so you make another claim which you can't back up to try and provide evidence for another claim you can't back up. Hardly science.

Can you show this?

In addition, it can be indirectly judged by the animals. Large animals are usually herbivores, herbivores are usually shifted towards the anaerobic muscles and they live significantly longer. A cow in India lives up to 40 years, an elephant lives even longer.
The monkey lives long enough, 50-60 years. A wolf that roams a lot, lives only 10 years
at comparable weight

ven if it's not published, you haven't provided a shred of evidence
There is evidence. The free radical theory of aging has not been refuted. Mitochondria, free radicals and atoptos are objective facts

In addition, it can be indirectly judged by the animals. Large animals are usually herbivores, herbivores are usually shifted towards the anaerobic muscles and they live significantly longer. A cow in India lives up to 40 years, an elephant lives even longer.
The monkey lives long enough, 50-60 years. A wolf that roams a lot, lives only 10 years
at comparable weight

What about turtles?

Giant Tortoise lived 255 years.

The Tuatara can live over 100 years, looks quite small.

Doesn't quite add up.

Forum List

Back