How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Just pointing out what is to me an interesting phenom.

Conservative in this thread has repeatedly used these lines.

Not a single Trump supporter in this thread has objected or cared.

Yeah- not all Trump supporters are racists like Conservative- but Trump supporters don't have a problem cheering on racists like Conservative

Pucker up, NL. Think for yourself instead of the way your BOY programmed you to think.

....is the type that believed anything the black President told him and continued to believe it after it was proven a lie. Pucker up, n-lover.

Did you learn that tactic from black boy Obama?

Says the resident n-lover. Be proud.

right in line with the black liar you pucker up to.

Replacement for capital gains tax?

Got to admit - that's the first time I've heard THAT one.

Thank you for telling me you're ignorant as sh1t. That saved me about three seconds before I would have figured it out without being told.

So ... tell me. If the estate is taxed, when the heirs sell the stock, etc in the estate, is it taxed again?

No, it's not taxed again.

Now, go and clean the sh1t out of your skull.

It typically doesn't. BUT why are the SWAMP RaTz entitled to it in the first place? It was taxed when it was accumulated.

If you actually look at the facts it often was not taxed when accumulated. For instance if the deceased bought a stock that grew greatly in value. Taxes were never paid because it was never sold.

You will notice how they are conspicuously quiet about the other elements - increased personal deduction, restructured tax tables, simplified processing, lower corporate taxes, etc. The arguments for those benefiting the middle class are simply too strong to be attacked.

The increased in the personal deduction is offset for by the elimination of the personal exemption and an increase in the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket. So, no, idiot, you won't by paying less taxes under Trump's plan, unless you're in the 1%

In case you missed the name calling: You're an idiot.
Oh, I recognized the name calling --- I recognized it for what it is ... a childish tantrum completely devoid of knowledge.

I quote the Axios website - a notoriously leftist site ...

"Here's how that math works. Let's say you are single with no dependents, and you have a moderate income. Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.

The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000 ($24,000 for married couples.) That's a 15% increase — except for seniors, who get a 3% increase."

Last time I checked, a 15% increase is a positive.

Now, do I expect an apology from someone so infantile as to call people names?

Nahh ... but I do expect you to go off and try to find something else to bitch about. PLEASE try to have it rooted in some kind of logic, if you can. I'm not holding my breath.

It typically doesn't. BUT why are the SWAMP RaTz entitled to it in the first place? It was taxed when it was accumulated.

If you actually look at the facts it often was not taxed when accumulated. For instance if the deceased bought a stock that grew greatly in value. Taxes were never paid because it was never sold.
Keep going ... follow it to its logical conclusion.

The investments are taxed in accordance with the estate tax (or, at least, that's what liberals propose).

The heirs keep the investments for some period of time - 5 years, 10 years, etc - and, when cashing out those investments, are subject to capital gains tax again on the growth of the investment (despite what idiots like Bulletproof are trying to say).

THAT is double taxation.

Donald Trump is a fucking liar and this bullshit tax plan will "raise" taxes on the middle class.

Surprise! Non-Partisan Analysis Finds Trump Tax Plan Primarily Rewards Top 1%
The plan would also raise taxes for many middle class families, a fact Americans for Tax Fairness denounced as "absolutely outrageous"

I cannot believe just how inhuman republicans have become.
Now, here is a piece of stupid liberal logic.

Let's see ...

1) In order to take advantage of a tax break, you must be paying taxes.

2) The more taxes you pay, the more the break is going to benefit you.

3) Your very own leftist reference "Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community" shows that all tax brackets will realize a benefit, even those who don't pay any taxes.

4) Then, it makes a spurious claim that 1 in 4 middle class families would end up with higher tax bills. Of course, it offers no proof. It just throws it out on the floor.

Then, behind a relentless screed of stupidity and ignorance, they throw out emotional bombshells about tax cuts while they are proposing spending cuts. OMG!!! Cut government spending AND taxes? However will we survive?

Get a grip on reality ....

You will notice how they are conspicuously quiet about the other elements - increased personal deduction, restructured tax tables, simplified processing, lower corporate taxes, etc. The arguments for those benefiting the middle class are simply too strong to be attacked.

The increased in the personal deduction is offset for by the elimination of the personal exemption and an increase in the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket. So, no, idiot, you won't by paying less taxes under Trump's plan, unless you're in the 1%

Oh, I recognized the name calling --- I recognized it for what it is ... a childish tantrum completely devoid of knowledge.

"Here's how that math works. Let's say you are single with no dependents, and you have a moderate income. Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.

The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000 ($24,000 for married couples.) That's a 15% increase — except for seniors, who get a 3% increase."

Nahh ... but I do expect you to go off and try to find something else to bitch about. PLEASE try to have it rooted in some kind of logic, if you can. I'm not holding my breath.

"Now, do I expect an apology from someone so infantile as to call people names?"

You should apologize for spreading ignorance. And, you continue to spread ignorance even after I've corrected you. I pointed out that the tax plan raises the rate of the lowest tax bracket, and apparently it went over your head. Into that 15% or 3% you're happy about, factor in a 20% rate increase in the lowest tax bracket. Idiot, the only people the Republicans plan on giving a real tax break to are the rich. Are you going to invite me to call you an idiot again?

"Now, do I expect an apology from someone so infantile as to call people names?"

You should apologize for spreading ignorance. And, you continue to spread ignorance even after I've corrected you. I pointed out that the tax plan raises the rate of the lowest tax bracket, and apparently it went over your head. Into that 15% or 3% you're happy about, factor in a 20% rate increase in the lowest tax bracket. Idiot, the only people the Republicans plan on giving a real tax break to are the rich. Are you going to invite me to call you an idiot again?
I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to deal with the composite of stupidity and ignorance wrapped in rudeness and immaturity.

Most assuredly not ... so I will leave you to your delusions. May they serve you well as you careen thru life not understanding why you are continuously startled when you bump into reality..

. . .
Now if your parents are worth $20 million- their estate will have to pay estate taxes on approximately $9 million- and you will get the $11 million + plus the balance of the $9 million after taxes.

How will eliminating that tax create jobs or help the middle class- both which the Republicans and Trump have said this tax change is intended to do?

Have you ever had any sort of a cash windfall in your life?

Have you ever won a bunch of money or fond some?

A lot of people have. Myself, included.

Guess what "those" people tend to do with their windfalls?

They BUY shit. They take trips. They INVEST in other opportunities. They donate to charities.

ALL of which is a benefit to the middle class.

Now, here is a piece of stupid liberal logic.

Let's see ...

1) In order to take advantage of a tax break, you must be paying taxes.

2) The more taxes you pay, the more the break is going to benefit you.

3) Your very own leftist reference "Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community" shows that all tax brackets will realize a benefit, even those who don't pay any taxes.

4) Then, it makes a spurious claim that 1 in 4 middle class families would end up with higher tax bills. Of course, it offers no proof. It just throws it out on the floor.

Then, behind a relentless screed of stupidity and ignorance, they throw out emotional bombshells about tax cuts while they are proposing spending cuts. OMG!!! Cut government spending AND taxes? However will we survive?

Get a grip on reality ....
There is absolutely no reason to give tax breaks to the most well off people in this country. Giving tax breaks to people who don't need it is nuts! The last thing we need to be doing, is giving more money to the richest 1% of the country. And the fact that you are advocating this, at the expense of 99% of the country, makes you not only an inhuman piece of shit, but a dumbass as well, because you are also a member of the 99.

You making unsubstantiated claims in support of your Dear Leader isn't exactly pointing out what i don't know.
You making unsubstantiated claims in support of your Dear Leader isn't exactly pointing out what i don't know.
They have only been "unsubstantiated" in your feeble little mind.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means he doesn't agree.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means without support or evidence.

Something that gullible Trumpsters and racists like Contard just don't understand the concept of.

I fully understand it and provide proof my claims. .

Not once in this thread have you provided proof of anything.

Other than that you are a racist.

Oh, the "you're a racist" automatic go to from you. Surprise, Surprise.

It doesnt create jobs lol
I wonder how kids with not a lot of money pay for their families estate?

The estate pays the tax.

So lets say your mommy and daddy are worth $10 million dollars- and both die in a tragic automobile accident.

You inherit all $10 million dollars free and clear- because the joint exemption for your parents wealth is $10.98 million

Now if your parents are worth $20 million- their estate will have to pay estate taxes on approximately $9 million- and you will get the $11 million + plus the balance of the $9 million after taxes.

How will eliminating that tax create jobs or help the middle class- both which the Republicans and Trump have said this tax change is intended to do?
Doesn't matter.

Why does the government get to take 9 million dollars of a person's inheritance? Is it because they deem that no person "needs" to inherit that much?

. . .

Have you ever had any sort of a cash windfall in your life?

Have you ever won a bunch of money or fond some?

A lot of people have. Myself, included.

Guess what "those" people tend to do with their windfalls?

They BUY shit. They take trips. They INVEST in other opportunities. They donate to charities.

ALL of which is a benefit to the middle class.

People like Syriusly think a portion of that should go to those that won't get off the couch to fix a meal for themselves.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means he doesn't agree.

To Syriusly, unsubstantiated means without support or evidence.

Something that gullible Trumpsters and racists like Contard just don't understand the concept of.

I fully understand it and provide proof my claims. .

Not once in this thread have you provided proof of anything.

Other than that you are a racist.
But ... but ... but ...

I thought blacks can't be racist.

Why do you think that?

Seriously do you believe that Conboy- who loves to refer to anyone who he disagrees with as
n*ggerlover- and refers to Barack Obama as 'that black boy'- is black?

Not that I have seen you object to Conboy saying either.....

Because the statement of blacks can't be racist has been made by more than one.

Calling you what you are has nothing to do with disagreeing. It's what you are.

Oh, the if you don't say something it's tacit agreement with the person argument? You use that until it applies to you and then you consider it a meaningless argument.

It doesnt create jobs lol
I wonder how kids with not a lot of money pay for their families estate?

The estate pays the tax.

So lets say your mommy and daddy are worth $10 million dollars- and both die in a tragic automobile accident.

You inherit all $10 million dollars free and clear- because the joint exemption for your parents wealth is $10.98 million

Doesn't matter.

Why does the government get to take 9 million dollars of a person's inheritance? Is it because they deem that no person "needs" to inherit that much?

Or they deem someone other than the one the person leaving it to should get a portion of it. It's the bleeding mentality thinking it's their place to determine for anyone but themselves what someone needs.

Yes, and also with wealth at that level it isn't all in cash, either, so companies and properties would be subjected to forced sales, disrupting employees' lives, etc.

The tax bill raises the personal deduction, but not nearly enough; it should be raised to what minimum wage adjusted for inflation would be, around $56 K per individual.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to deal with the composite of stupidity and ignorance wrapped in rudeness and immaturity.

Most assuredly not ... so I will leave you to your delusions. May they serve you well as you careen thru life not understanding why you are continuously startled when you bump into reality..

Most assuredly you're an a @sshole. You're a liar who hides behind feigned indignation as an excuse not to defend your lies. And, you lie when you say this proposed tax plan benefits the middle class. I told you why, twice, why your argument is false. But, instead of even showing any willingness to understand, you just play stupid. Well, not playing, you no doubt really are.

Forum List

Back