How will the republican voting base react to the fact that they are dying out?

ChairmanGonzalo

Oct 6, 2016
There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death

The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

It's Official: The U.S. is Becoming a Minority-Majority Nation

Millennials are significantly more progressive than their parents

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

"progressive" is a very subjective word. Like many people think using 2000 year old social policies is "progressive." Care to elaborate?

it's the fact. when they asked bob hope where he wanted to be buried, he said surprise me.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least.

You earlier stated that the military is right wing, now you say they will fight themselves. Which is it?

Isnt' that nice?

guano has a twin brother

th

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least.

You earlier stated that the military is right wing, now you say they will fight themselves. Which is it?
LMAO well done. This dude would be better off to just log off..

how do they react?
I would assume they would have the same basic concerns as the Democrats do when they see their voting base all ending up in jail.

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".
White Christians Are Now Officially a Minority

White Christians Now Make Up Less Than Half of America

The White Christian experiment is almost over

Census: White People Quickly Dying Off in the USA

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age.

What lie, all my friends did including me.Most of us grow The Hell up.

And what are you talking about were you born last night? Damn the 2014 landslide by republicans prove your OP wrong.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".

and they don't like your party importing professionals

What group has more people in America than white Christians?

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out
You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. Both LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

So guno is the voice of reason here.

:cuckoo:

Okay, we have enough information. You're pegged.

You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. But LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

White male christians are the ones who love mass murder:

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

Forum List

Back