How will the republican voting base react to the fact that they are dying out?

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death

The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

It's Official: The U.S. is Becoming a Minority-Majority Nation

Millennials are significantly more progressive than their parents

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".
White Christians Are Now Officially a Minority

White Christians Now Make Up Less Than Half of America

The White Christian experiment is almost over

Census: White People Quickly Dying Off in the USA

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out
You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. But LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

White male christians are the ones who love mass murder:

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men
LMAO now you are just grasping for air. Hang it up, you collectivist moron.

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out
You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. But LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

Showing a list of the horrible crimes that white christians have committed is "grasping for air"?

Circle jerk bitches!

Showing a list of the horrible crimes that white christians have committed is "grasping for air"?

Considering the list that followed, you're submerged.

It's true that bigoted conservative old white men are dying out faster than they are getting replaced by bigoted conservative young white men.

That has nothing to do with the GOP. At one time most of the bigoted conservative old southern white men were all Democrats.

The ones that are left will find a party to infest

You misspelled smug, condescending, spineless malcontents.

You're welcome.

It's true that bigoted conservative old white men are dying out faster than they are getting replaced by bigoted conservative young white men.

That has nothing to do with the GOP. At one time most of the bigoted conservative old southern white men were all Democrats.

The democratic party and the gop switched memberships in the1960's over the civil rights issue

Wait, doesn't this make us a minority now?
I want my free shit and my good high paying job without an education.
Oh, and I want it to be a hate crime to do anything to me while its not even worth mentioning in the news if I do something to the new "majority"
This is going to be great.
If I move into a black neighborhood can I expect to see black flight?

The democratic party

The democratic party and the gop switched memberships in the1960's over the civil rights issue
Right...so....the following groups of people, are from the same families, just different generations:

Southern Slave owners prior to 1865
Jim Crowe era southerners
Segregation era southern Democrats
Republicans after 1985
Tea Partiers in the south.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least.

You earlier stated that the military is right wing, now you say they will fight themselves. Which is it?

Ignore him. He will get himself banned soon enough.

Oh, and I want it to be a hate crime to do anything to me while its not even worth mentioning in the news if I do something to the new "majority"
Along with those goodies as benefits:

You'll get lower literacy rates.
The cops will take much longer to reach you, if at all
You'll get pulled over all the time
People will watch your every move when you go into a store
There are many other benefits too.

You're gonna have a blast

No, lower literacy rates come from a problem that has nothing to do with skin color, that wont change. The whites will still be smarter than other minorities (except for the Asians)
Cops will only take longer if we chimp out and start shooting the cops in our neighborhoods,, but we wont.
Those traffic stops are still valid reasons for being stopped. I imagine those numbers will stay the same.
Good on getting watched, maybe we can finally get some witness to come forward when we are assaulted now. Currently, if someone comes forward and points out a black guy that just raped beat and robbed Grandma Whitey, that person is smeared as being a racist.

And it's the demographics and they can do nothing about it, or change it

I don't think my party is dying out. It's just being overrun by illegals & voters from the grave.
I've been hearing the GOP is dead for 20 years. Funny thing is we keep winning a majority of the elections when you take all elections into account.
Sorry if I burst your bubble. I'll send a mop to help you clean up after yourself

I don't think my party is dying out. It's just being overrun by illegals & voters from the grave.
I've been hearing the GOP is dead for 20 years. Funny thing is we keep winning a majority of the elections when you take all elections into account.
Sorry if I burst your bubble. I'll send a mop to help you clean up after yourself
The GOP wins he house because of gerrymandering, and local level elections because of voter disenfranchisement and voter id laws designed to target poor people of color who cannot afford to miss work to spend a day at the dmv and pay 20 dollars (a week's electricity bill) to get an id just for the purpose of voting (especially if they don't even own a car)

The GOP wins he house because of gerrymandering, and local level elections because of voter disenfranchisement and voter id laws designed to target poor people of color who cannot afford to miss work to spend a day at the dmv and pay 20 dollars (a week's electricity bill) to get an id just for the purpose of voting (especially if they don't even own a car)
:booze::up_yours:

No, lower literacy rates come from a problem that has nothing to do with skin color, that wont change. The whites will still be smarter than other minorities (except for the Asians)
Cops will only take longer if we chimp out and start shooting the cops in our neighborhoods,, but we wont.
Those traffic stops are still valid reasons for being stopped. I imagine those numbers will stay the same.
Good on getting watched, maybe we can finally get some witness to come forward when we are assaulted now. Currently, if someone comes forward and points out a black guy that just raped beat and robbed Grandma Whitey, that person is smeared as being a racist.
Are you one of those white nationalists, that is not bigoted in any way, and is simply misunderstood by a progressive PC left leaning media?

Let's just hope more and more right wingers realize how screwed they are, and do both us and themselves a favor and shoot themselves with the guns they love so much
No need for that, it is happening naturally

Let's just hope more and more right wingers realize how screwed they are, and do both us and themselves a favor and shoot themselves with the guns they love so much
No need for that, it is happening naturally

It's a cultural thing.

It's the machismo cultures where the measure of self worth among males is directly proportionate to the size of your family. Since the size of something else can't be displayed publically, the size of the family represents that instead.

Forum List

Back