How will the republican voting base react to the fact that they are dying out?

Well guys let's see, is this about the 1000th thread on this exact same topic, or would you say I'm exaggerating by about 100 or so?

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death

The GOP Is Dying Off. Literally.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

It's Official: The U.S. is Becoming a Minority-Majority Nation

Millennials are significantly more progressive than their parents

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".
White Christians Are Now Officially a Minority

White Christians Now Make Up Less Than Half of America

The White Christian experiment is almost over

Census: White People Quickly Dying Off in the USA

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out
You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. But LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

White male christians are the ones who love mass murder:

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

Hi goono ! :biggrin:

There have been several studies who prove that the GOP's main voting demographic of older whites are dying out.

The younger generations of this country are more diverse, more progressive, more educated, less likely to vote gop, less likely to own firearms, less likely to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere watching Fox news, but more likely to live in an urbane, cosmopolitan, educated city.

And don't spread the lie that younger people get more conservative as they age. They DON'T: Mythbusters: People Get More Conservative As They Age. Right?

My question is, how will the older, more conservative, gop voting population of this country react to the fact that they are a dying breed? The best case scenario is that they accept that their ideology is fading fast, and accept that the country is moving forward without them.

However, conservatives are known to be sore losers. Look at the 2000 election, where Al Gore won both the popular and electoral votes, but Bush refused to accept this result, and went to the (conservative dominated) supreme court, which illegally declared him the winner. However, with the conservatives losing political power, and the supreme court about to have its first progressive majority in 40 years, political cheating may not bring conservatives the results they desire.

I am afraid that some red states will double down on gerrymandering. it is a real possibility, as the gop realizes their hopeless situation, that they will try to reinstate Jim Crow voting laws, or try sneakier ways of disenfranchising voters such as raising the age limit, requiring voter id, or concentrating polling stations in right wing dominated neighborhoods.

You also have to remember that the right wing owns the majority of this country's guns. I fear that as the right wing becomes more and more of a minority, that they will turn to violence. Even though they will not win this civil war: the Army has tanks, drones, and thermonuclear weapons, the carnage will be unpleasant to say the least. I most certainly wouldn't put the right wing past terrorism towards innocent civilians: Dylan Roof is a perfect example. In fact, the vast majority of terrorism in the usa is right wing. Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

The bottom line is the bigoted conservative old white men are dying out, and being replaced with erudite, intelligent, cosmopolitan voters who are progressive and tolerant. I am simply afraid of the turmoil the country will go through in getting rid of the last remnants of the hateful white privileged reactionaries who have ruled for far too long.

White right wing Christians are fare more likely to cause you violence than any "terrorist".

One of the only redeeming things about America is that the far right christian fundies who have ruled this country for far too long are finally starting to die out
You and Guno would LOOOOOOOVE each other. He is a Stalinist and you are a Maoist. But LOVE mass murder.
Circle jerk bitches!

You know that just because Guno and i agree with each other doesn't mean we're the same person, right?

And it's the demographics and they can do nothing about it, or change it

Let's just hope more and more right wingers realize how screwed they are, and do both us and themselves a favor and shoot themselves with the guns they love so much
No need for that, it is happening naturally

I only wish it would happen even quicker

...said guno to himself as he used up the last of his hand lotion....

Circle jerk bitches!

You know that just because Guno and i agree with each other doesn't mean we're the same person, right?

Whatever you say honey. :laugh:

Watch what they do on November 9th.

Watch what they do on November 9th.

Nothing is going to happen sweetie, if they didn't riot when Hussein Obuma was elected, nothing will happen when a white woman named Hillary is elected.

What group has more people in America than white Christians?
its not any single group, they are combining all minorities to outnumber the whites.
If the illegals were all sent back, the threat would be pretty much over for at least another 100 years
Not sure why the blacks would be happy with this at all, they are going to still be a minority because its the growth of the hispanic community that is driving the change. Blacks are going to have to deal with whites and hispanics when it comes to jobs and status.

Let's just hope more and more right wingers realize how screwed they are, and do both us and themselves a favor and shoot themselves with the guns they love so much

no big deal
lots of people prepare their meat with a dry rub.

My electricity averages in the 200's so whatever lol

Shocking!
What's shocking about it?
It's a pun, you dumb fuck. electricty SHOCKS people. Get it?

columbus-day-greeting-cards-5.gif

no big deal
lots of people prepare their meat with a dry rub.

A rash decision.

My electricity averages in the 200's so whatever lol

Shocking!
What's shocking about it?
It's a pun, you dumb fuck. electricty SHOCKS people. Get it?
Be careful, you might fall off your pedestal

He's a liberal. need I say any more?
No, I am not a liberal. Liberals are people who have a few good ideas here and there, but don't have the courage to overthrow the corrupt system entirely. I consider myself a revolutionary.

This reminds me of:

But indeed, this is what the new "educated" liberal regressive portion of the generation looks like:

takeyourhatespeechoutofthiscampus.gif

Forum List

Back