How's that "Drill Baby, Drill" Workin' Out For Ya', Governor Perry?

I thought Obama was trying to push oil prices high and destroy the oil industry.
Shouldn't gas be too expensive for anyone to buy by now?
Shouldn't there be almost no US oil being produced?

Is this another Obama fail or have Fox and the Republicans lied to me?
I'm so confused.

So much for Obama being a dictator, hmmmm?

I don't know of any dictators who can overrule the laws of economics.
You'd think Obama would know that...what a failure he is.

Where am I attacking low gas prices? This is about the blowhard known as Rick Perry and his touting Texas as the savior of the United States economy.
Are you this stupid and cannot connect simple dots?

Drill Baby Drill, Comrade?

You have no idea what the idiocy you cut and paste from the hate sites even means, do you ?

Honey, that article I posted is from The Wall Street Journal. But wait, they DO hate Obama if you read the Op/Ed page. So you're half right.

You'd think Obama would know that...what a failure he is.

Do you think your little tin god is an overwhelming success?

upload_2015-1-7_13-18-5.png

Where am I attacking low gas prices? This is about the blowhard known as Rick Perry and his touting Texas as the savior of the United States economy.

You have no idea what the idiocy you cut and paste from the hate sites even means, do you ?

Honey, that article I posted is from The Wall Street Journal. But wait, they DO hate Obama if you read the Op/Ed page. So you're half right.

You posted the article. Now you're attempting to claim this thread isn't about the article.

how can oil companies possibly be hurting with the huge profits they get subsidized for too? I will tell you. it's easy to waste and take billions of unearned dollars. that's why. the whole idea of fossil profits going to a few is niave and immature at best, cowardly and devastating at worst

They will survive, the big ones will. They knew this was coming, just like the did in 1985. You can bet they've been working on early retirement packages and lay off plans for the past year.

They didn't know in 2014, and they didn't know in 1985. All the libturds were claiming that drilling wouldn't make a dent in oil prices.

It's hard to know what your advocating. Do you want oil prices to go back to $150/bbl? No matter where oil prices are at, it's virtually certain that libs will find some reason to complain about them.

Yes, they did. Big Oil is used to the roller coaster ride and can see around corners. I'm not advocating anything but I am putting a needle in the so-called Texas Miracle balloon.

Your claim lacks any visible means of support. Can you quote a single person who predicted oil would go to $10/bbl in 1985?

I was working for Aubrey McClendon at the time. (Note the "Kerr" in his middle name.) Look him up and see if he got to where he is today by being stupid. Do I have what he said in 1985 somewhere that I can post here? Nope, sorry.

The article you failed to read?

Oil and gas producers’ revenues grew more slowly—rising 36% to $239.4 billion in the 12 months ended September 2014 versus $175.8 billion in 2010.

Hardly the collapse you pray for,

how can oil companies possibly be hurting with the huge profits they get subsidized for too? I will tell you. it's easy to waste and take billions of unearned dollars. that's why. the whole idea of fossil profits going to a few is niave and immature at best, cowardly and devastating at worst

They will survive, the big ones will. They knew this was coming, just like the did in 1985. You can bet they've been working on early retirement packages and lay off plans for the past year.

They didn't know in 2014, and they didn't know in 1985. All the libturds were claiming that drilling wouldn't make a dent in oil prices.

It's hard to know what your advocating. Do you want oil prices to go back to $150/bbl? No matter where oil prices are at, it's virtually certain that libs will find some reason to complain about them.

Yes, they did. Big Oil is used to the roller coaster ride and can see around corners. I'm not advocating anything but I am putting a needle in the so-called Texas Miracle balloon.

Your claim lacks any visible means of support. Can you quote a single person who predicted oil would go to $10/bbl in 1985?

I was working for Aubrey McClendon at the time. (Note the "Kerr" in his middle name.) Look him up and see if he got to where he is today by being stupid. Do I have what he said in 1985 somewhere that I can post here? Nope, sorry.

Just as I thought, you can't support your claim.

You posted the article. Now you're attempting to claim this thread isn't about the article.

Jesus, you just don't know Texas, Brit.

The article you failed to read?

Oil and gas producers’ revenues grew more slowly—rising 36% to $239.4 billion in the 12 months ended September 2014 versus $175.8 billion in 2010.

Hardly the collapse you pray for,

"""The article you failed to read?

Oil and gas producers’ revenues grew more slowly—rising 36% to $239.4 billion in the 12 months ended September 2014 versus $175.8 billion in 2010."""

Uh...that was 5 years ago. You did know this is 2015, right?

Then there's the complete quote:
"""But oil is languishing at five-year lows—the U.S. benchmark fell to $47.93 on Tuesday—and natural-gas prices have fallen by 40% since June from about $4.70 per million British thermal units to less than $3."""

The economy of Texas is diversified and not based solely on oil it will do just fine and I will take the Texas model over the Detroit one any day of the week.

The layoffs in oil and gas will be comparable to those of the auto industry. So Houston could be the next Detroit. It sure was when I was there in 1986.

Last edited:
The economy of Texas is diversified and not based solely on oil it will do just fine and I will take the Texas model over the Detroit one any day of the week.

The layoffs in oil and gas will be comparable to those of the auto industry. So Houston could be the next Detroit. It sure was when I was there in 1986.
This is not 1986 unlike Detroit Texas has learned not to keep repeating the same economic mistakes.

Sorry, Brit, but there was no internet back then much less a message board for idiots like you who are too fucking lazy to Google anything anyway.

Texas accounted for 25% of "Obama's job growth"

So now that the oil and gas people have fucked themselves and going broke, don't blame Obama when Texas accounts for a 25% increase in unemployment, OK?
I see you do very little research into commodities.
Do you think the federal government would allow overseas companies to undercut US based "green" companies as they are allowing to happen to the domestic oil producers?

Maybe you should do a little research. You would be somewhat surprised to see how your idol, Obama, and his crew allowing hard working Americans to be undercut by foreign companies.

But you wont research it.

You prefer to hate American companies.

Asshole.

Sorry, Brit, but there was no internet back then much less a message board for idiots like you who are too fucking lazy to Google anything anyway.

If I could google it, then it would be on the internet, which means you could also google it and post a link to it here. Why do turds like you think it's always the job of your critics to look up the information the supports your case?

This is not 1986 unlike Detroit Texas has learned not to keep repeating the same economic mistakes.

Obviously not, according to the Wall Street Journal. Why did these oil companies have to borrow money? Are they going to ask the Fed to bail them out because they saw that it worked for Wall Street? FUCK THEM.

P1-BS413_OILDEB_16U_20150106190309.jpg

Last edited:

If I could google it, then it would be on the internet, which means you could also google it and post a link to it here. Why do turds like you think it's always the job of your critics to look up the information the supports your case?

You've done nothing here but offer lame arguments. Nothing to refute what I have posted. Lazy.

You've done nothing here but offer lame arguments. Nothing to refute what I have posted. Lazy.

It doesn't need refuting because it doesn't have a smidgeon of evidence to support it.

I realize you think logic is "lame."

Texas accounted for 25% of "Obama's job growth"

So now that the oil and gas people have fucked themselves and going broke, don't blame Obama when Texas accounts for a 25% increase in unemployment, OK?
I see you do very little research into commodities.
Do you think the federal government would allow overseas companies to undercut US based "green" companies as they are allowing to happen to the domestic oil producers?

Maybe you should do a little research. You would be somewhat surprised to see how your idol, Obama, and his crew allowing hard working Americans to be undercut by foreign companies.

But you wont research it.

You prefer to hate American companies.

Asshole.

You haven't researched or posted anything at all, just cyber-screeching like a little girl.

Forum List

Back