Huge LED-lit cross to guide "the second coming"

If the shit goes down and it doesn't happen in Israel, we'll know that christians were wrong.

a few moments of smug self satisfaction before oblivion.

But

Jesus was a Jew and he wasn't a Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he was baptised, making him a baptist

tell that to your catholic friends and watch them go batshit

Baptists didn't come around until the mid 1600s....good grief

If the shit goes down and it doesn't happen in Israel, we'll know that christians were wrong.

But

jesus was baptised, that makes him one of the first baptist

But

You're missing the point, Baptists didn't come around until the 1600s, John The Baptist wasn't a baptist he was called that because he baptized people. Baptism didn't even start with the Christians, it started with....the Jews

But

You're missing the point, Baptists didn't come around until the 1600s, John The Baptist wasn't a baptist he was called that because he baptized people. Baptism didn't even start with the Christians, it started with....the Jews
who don't baptise anymore

jesus was a baptist, as where all earlier christians that got baptised

But

How can one be something that didn't exist until 1600 years later? The Catholic Church is the original Christian Church, everyone else is Johnny Come Lately's

How can one be something that didn't exist until 1600 years later? The Catholic Church is the original Christian Church, everyone else is Johnny Come Lately's
christians weren't called catholics for a really really long time

people that got baptised where baptist

Now the catholic church is the least Christian of all the cults that have sprung up in his name.

Jesus would be horrified.

Last edited:
raised catholic by an alter boy that carried the cross at services
went to catholic schools, in religion class I was the only one that ever asked questions. 3 of the 4 teachers of it were offended-shocked I dare asked
studied a bit on islam, it's so fucked, well read it yourself
met with wiccas and all sorts of other people.

judge not and all that bearing false witness stuff, no go kneel before your priest and tell him your sins so you can get a free pass for being a sinner
Well if you learned so much from your years of Catholic education one thing you might remember is that God is not all that impressed with who you were but who you are. The final stage is far more important than the pedigree.

Do not ask me why evangelization and education does not always take, but when one goes wondering and asking wiccas for understanding it seems apparent it has not.

I am not judging you, but if you think there is such a thing as a “free pass” you would be wrong. Even though confession is an amazing grace and gift found only in the Catholic Church it promises no direct flight to heaven.

If your Catholic teachers were “shell shocked” you asked them questions, I do not give you credit but I do question them. What questions are those that made you reject the faith I do wonder.
you keep making assumptions and accusations based on it

good day, you are not worth the time

Assumptions about what?

You sound very defensive and unwilling to put your opinions on trial. THAT was an assumption. Yes, pardon me.

Last edited:
Now the catholic church is the least Christian of all.

I suppose as a Jew he would be horrified that any branch of Christianity worships him as if he was a god. And they all would join forces and accuse him of being the antichrist if he ever showed up in the flesh one day and said so himself that Jesus is not, never was, and never even claimed to be God.

He wouldn't be surprised though. He did say that worship involving his name would degenerate into idolatry by comparing himself to the bronze serpent that was made by Moses during the time of testing in the wilderness when the people turned to an image of a serpent made by human hands of all things instead of turning to God for healing which continued for hundreds of years until Hezekiah, the subject of the young maiden with child prophecy, came, did what was right in Gods eyes, and destroyed it..... according to scripture that is..

Last edited:
went to catholic schools, in religion class I was the only one that ever asked questions. 3 of the 4 teachers of it were offended-shocked I dare asked

judge not and all that bearing false witness stuff, no go kneel before your priest and tell him your sins so you can get a free pass for being a sinner
Well if you learned so much from your years of Catholic education one thing you might remember is that God is not all that impressed with who you were but who you are. The final stage is far more important than the pedigree.

Do not ask me why evangelization and education does not always take, but when one goes wondering and asking wiccas for understanding it seems apparent it has not.

I am not judging you, but if you think there is such a thing as a “free pass” you would be wrong. Even though confession is an amazing grace and gift found only in the Catholic Church it promises no direct flight to heaven.

If your Catholic teachers were “shell shocked” you asked them questions, I do not give you credit but I do question them. What questions are those that made you reject the faith I do wonder.
you keep making assumptions and accusations based on it

good day, you are not worth the time

Assumptions about what?

You sound very defensive and unwilling to put your opinions on trial. THAT was an assumption. Yes, pardon me.

I bolded your assumption, If you can't figure it out, then that's on you

I suppose as a Jew he would be horrified that any branch of Christianity worships him as if he was a god. And they all would join forces and accuse him of being the antichrist if he ever showed up in the flesh one day and said so himself that Jesus is not, never was, and never even claimed to be God.

He wouldn't be surprised though. He did say that worship involving his name would degenerate into idolatry by comparing himself to the bronze serpent that was made by Moses during the time of testing in the wilderness when the people turned to an image of a serpent made by human hands of all things instead of turning to God for healing which continued for hundreds of years until Hezekiah, the subject of the young maiden with child prophecy, came, did what was right in Gods eyes, and destroyed it..... according to scripture that is..

I can't help laughing out loud when I see folks using modern technology to argue about a made up crock of shit from 2000 years ago. You're gonna rise up out of your grave, join a ghost floating on a cloud then fly off to a gated community(with golden gates) then live in eternal bliss while anybody who didn't buy that crock of shit burns in eternal hell fire. Surely you're shittin' me! Surely you're not that gullible.

"There's A Sucker Born Every Minute!"

I can't help laughing out loud when I see folks using modern technology to argue about a made up crock of shit from 2000 years ago. You're gonna rise up out of your grave, join a ghost floating on a cloud then fly off to a gated community(with golden gates) then live in eternal bliss while anybody who didn't buy that crock of shit burns in eternal hell fire. Surely you're shittin' me! Surely you're not that gullible.

You seem to forget to include in your speculations that the authors of scripture could read and write using metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., well known literary techniques of expression and sophisticated methods of teaching, thousands of years before the Romans ever got their superstitious hands on them.

As such a talking serpent should have been a dead give away that the story was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent and literate people.

Everything that you mentioned from the dead coming out of their graves to the bodily ascension of Jesus into heaven conceals deeper meaning and a hidden story not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

You taking the stories literally and rejecting them out of hand is only slightly better than taking the stories literally and claiming to believe.

Taking either position misses the teaching and point of the stories just as completely.

Exp

You seem to forget to include in your speculations that the authors of scripture could read and write using metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., well known literary techniques of expression and sophisticated methods of teaching, thousands of years before the Romans ever got their superstitious hands on them.

As such a talking serpent should have been a dead give away that the story was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent and literate people.

Everything that you mentioned from the dead coming out of their graves to the bodily ascension of Jesus into heaven conceals deeper meaning and a hidden story not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

You taking the stories literally and rejecting them out of hand is only slightly better than taking the stories literally and claiming to believe.

Taking either position misses the teaching and point of the stories just as completely.

Explain to me how you know what they could and could not do? Back in those days people believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. While you're at it explain that!

And you're banking your eternity on "if."

wow.

I personally would be investing a little bit more of my efforts into wanting to know.

kneel before your priest

how about bowing to the statues

But

too funny, you made a failed Jewish messiah into a pork eating goyim god

And you're banking your eternity on "if."

wow.

I personally would be investing a little bit more of my efforts into wanting to know.

kneel before your priest

how about bowing to the statues
some do some don't

they all have some type of priest with a chain of command with only the caths having a pope

Exp

Explain to me how you know what they could and could not do? Back in those days people believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. While you're at it explain that!

The stories themselves are proof that whoever wrote them used and understood figurative language. Like I said, a talking serpent in the very first story that starts with 'In the beginning' just like 'once upon a time' should have been a dead giveaway.

Witches, like demons, devils, angels, prophets, including the beasts of the field, are just figurative expressions of higher and lower creatures that reflect the heights and depths of human potential just like every people of every language and culture have compared human beings to creatures in the animal kingdom that are either highly evolved or not so much ever since people could talk. When you refer to other people as vultures, dogs, pigs, etc., does that mean that you believe that animals can talk? Is a dope fiend, like a demon, an invisible disembodied entity?

I think that you are confusing superstitious and irrational Christian dogma that you learned during your 60 years pretending to be a Christian with what is actually written.

What makes you think that these stories weren't written in figurative language like any people tell fantastical stories with imaginative creatures to teach their children hard learned lessons from the past?

Does the story about Jack and the Beanstalk reflect a belief about magic beans or giants living in the clouds?

Smarten up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back