Huge Miss- 1st Quarter GDP .01%

Housing construction is shit right now. Rolled right through winter average or better but oddly enough the calls coming in right now are subpar smaller jobs. Not typical at all for spring.

Construction down here is actually booming again. Not bragging, just being honest.

But I think it's mostly pent-up demand.

People work their entire lives in cesspools like Chicago, Dee-Troit, New Yawk, Bawsten, Philthydelphia and they can't take the filth and the crime, the dirt, the gloom and the depression of the dimocrap North.

They hate it. And they got tired of waiting for the economy to take off again. They waited Six or more years fer chrissake, so they just said fuck it and are coming South anyway. Fuck the consequences; but most of all, fuck the dimocrap-controlled, crime-infested pusholes that dimocrap scum created and they were forced to live in for the last 60 years or more.

They're bailing and moving here. Too many of them, actually :dunno:

There is no defense of Obama's long list of inadequacies. His economy is a clear picture of his destructive agenda

-Geaux

the lying cocksucker in chief's policies are a clear example of a government-run economy.

Failure.

And I don't even care that much, I'm retired. But I have family that isn't.

dimocraps just want somebody to bounce them on their knee and tell them to 'Shush, daddy will take care of everything for you.'

scumbags. The dependent class tries to rule? That's a laugher :lmao:

don't get me wrong, i'm not happy with the number - but it's still positive growth.

would you rather it was negative?

Obamanomics is still struggling to fix Reaganomics. The evidence is that the economy sucks and it wouldn't have sucked if it wasn't for Reagan.

Yeah...Reagan was too cheap to send you money so you could stay home and play with yourself instead of getting a job.
And the problem with that is...?

I was being sarcastic but I know it's hard to tell with the libs on this site. I thought I was being obvious but at least I didn't get lib thanks!

Reagan preached supply side economics but he only talked like a conservative. He governed like a middle of the road Centrist. Remember how he cut the top tax rate but tied the capital gains rate to the top income tax rate? He wasn't stupid. The stupidity came along after Reagan when they cut the capital gains rate all the way down to 15%. Reagan was not responsible for that nonsense.

LMAO- More Obamanomics failures blamed on weather. Hell, weather is more of an impact than shutting the government down. :badgrin:

-Geaux

======================

April 30, 2014, 8:30 a.m. EDT
First-quarter U.S. GDP barely rises, up 0.1%

First-quarter U.S. GDP barely rises, up 0.1% - MarketWatch

By Jeffry Bartash
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Growth in the U.S. economy slowed to a miserly 0.1% annual pace in the first quarter from 2.6% at the end of 2013, a bout of weakness spurred by one of the worst winters in years.

======================

What to Watch in Wednesday’s GDP Report

What to Watch in Wednesday?s GDP Report - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The U.S. economy’s dismal winter will be on display Wednesday when the Commerce Department releases its first report card on the nation’s economic growth in the first quarter. Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of U.S. economic output, is expected to have expanded at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.1% in the first three months of 2014, according to economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal. That would be far slower than the 2.6% rate in the final three months of 2013 and the slowest since the 1.1% pace seen in the first quarter of 2013.

Here’s what to watch in the report, which will be released at 8:30 a.m. EDT

I guess it depends where you live. The weather was so bad here where I live that they shut the schools down 17 days from January 1 through February 28. On many of those days all businesses were completely shut down. Even the auto plants were forced to stop production. On most of those days, they declared it a level three emergency. If you were on the road for anything other than an emergency or you had a job that was considered vital such as working at a hospital, you were open to receive a fine of no more than $250 and a jail sentence of no more than 30 days. If you think the weather had nothing to do with the economy slowing down in the first quarter, you either live in the South or you have your head stuck in the sand.

Uncle Ronny gave me a job when there was very few in 1982...It was a job with the US Army...
Well he started in '81 so I hope you don't blame him for the job market.

Reagan inherited Carter's mess.
Funny, I dont recall him blaming Carter for any of it though. I guess that's what real leaders do: deal with the hand their dealt rather than whining and blaming others.

Yeah...Reagan was too cheap to send you money so you could stay home and play with yourself instead of getting a job.
And the problem with that is...?

I was being sarcastic but I know it's hard to tell with the libs on this site. I thought I was being obvious but at least I didn't get lib thanks!

Reagan preached supply side economics but he only talked like a conservative. He governed like a middle of the road Centrist. Remember how he cut the top tax rate but tied the capital gains rate to the top income tax rate? He wasn't stupid. The stupidity came along after Reagan when they cut the capital gains rate all the way down to 15%. Reagan was not responsible for that nonsense.
He had Democrats he had to do business with. Obama simply ignores the opposition. However:

Really Not the ?Reagan Rule? | National Review Online
Reagan’s original 1985 proposal would have cut the capital-gains tax. He had reduced the rate from 25 percent to 20 percent in his 1981 tax cut and wanted to reduce it to 17.5 percent in his new tax reform. In his televised address unveiling the plan, Reagan proclaimed: “To marshal more venture capital for new industries — the kind of efforts that begin with a couple of partners setting out to create and develop a new product — we intend to lower the maximum capital-gains tax rate to 17-1/2 percent.”

Uncle Ronny gave me a job when there was very few in 1982...It was a job with the US Army...

Funny, I dont recall him blaming Carter for any of it though. I guess that's what real leaders do: deal with the hand their dealt rather than whining and blaming others.
I don't recall Bush doing it either. That seems to be the MO of the left, everything they touch turns to shit and it's the other guy's fault.

I don't recall Bush doing it either. That seems to be the MO of the left, everything they touch turns to shit and it's the other guy's fault.

Their excuses for their own failures are: they were blocked by the other side, things were so screwed up no one could fix them, we didnt try our solution enough.
All of them signs of complete abject failure.

LMAO- More Obamanomics failures blamed on weather. Hell, weather is more of an impact than shutting the government down. :badgrin:

-Geaux

======================

By Jeffry Bartash
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Growth in the U.S. economy slowed to a miserly 0.1% annual pace in the first quarter from 2.6% at the end of 2013, a bout of weakness spurred by one of the worst winters in years.

======================

The U.S. economy’s dismal winter will be on display Wednesday when the Commerce Department releases its first report card on the nation’s economic growth in the first quarter. Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of U.S. economic output, is expected to have expanded at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.1% in the first three months of 2014, according to economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal. That would be far slower than the 2.6% rate in the final three months of 2013 and the slowest since the 1.1% pace seen in the first quarter of 2013.

I guess it depends where you live. The weather was so bad here where I live that they shut the schools down 17 days from January 1 through February 28. On many of those days all businesses were completely shut down. Even the auto plants were forced to stop production. On most of those days, they declared it a level three emergency. If you were on the road for anything other than an emergency or you had a job that was considered vital such as working at a hospital, you were open to receive a fine of no more than $250 and a jail sentence of no more than 30 days. If you think the weather had nothing to do with the economy slowing down in the first quarter, you either live in the South or you have your head stuck in the sand.

I can't believe these racist people would drop something like winter on poor obie. No other president ever had to deal with this winter crap until the Tea Party came along. These right wingers will even make half of the year colder to keep him down! I wouldn't be surprised if these racist assholes made it really hot here in the next few months just to fuck with him. Then once he gets a handle on the heat they will make it start cooling off again.

-Geaux

======================

By Jeffry Bartash

======================

I can't believe these racist people would drop something like winter on poor obie. No other president ever had to deal with this winter crap until the Tea Party came along. These right wingers will even make half of the year colder to keep him down! I wouldn't be surprised if these racist assholes made it really hot here in the next few months just to fuck with him. Then once he gets a handle on the heat they will make it start cooling off again.

God hates obama, too

God hates obama, too

He's in cahoots with mother nature just to make obie a miserable failure.

Forum List

Back