Huh? - Obama To Openly Welcome Criminals As Government Workers

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
What is wrong with this guy? I mean really. First he nullifies our justice system by releasing felons from prison, so now he says he's going to do away with the 'box'. Meaning, have you ever been to prison, convicted of a felony etc

Obama is bad news indeed

-Geaux
----------------

President Obama has just unleashed a new executive order to remove admission of a criminal history from job applications, or in The White House's words, to reduce potential discrimination against former convicts in the hiring process for federal government employees. As NBC News reports, this is a further step towards what many criminal justice reformers call "ban the box" – the effort to eliminate requirements that job applicants check a box on their applications if they have a criminal record - and continues Obama’s emphasis on assisting criminals who want to re-enter society as part of his continuing agenda items from his "My Brother’s Keeper Task Force."

About 60-to-75% of former inmates cannot find work within their first year out of jail, according to the Justice Department, a huge impediment to re-entering society.

Research shows the existence of a criminal record can reduce an employer’s interest in applicant by about 50%, and that when white and black applicants both have records, employers are far less likely to call back a black applicant than a white one. As a 2009 re-entry study in New York city found, “the criminal record penalty suffered by white applicants (30%) is roughly half the size of the penalty for blacks with a record (60%).”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-02/obama-openly-welcome-criminals-government-workers

What is wrong with this guy? I mean really. First he nullifies our justice system by releasing felons from prison, so now he says he's going to do away with the 'box'. Meaning, have you ever been to prison, convicted of a felony etc

Obama is bad news indeed

-Geaux
----------------

President Obama has just unleashed a new executive order to remove admission of a criminal history from job applications, or in The White House's words, to reduce potential discrimination against former convicts in the hiring process for federal government employees. As NBC News reports, this is a further step towards what many criminal justice reformers call "ban the box" – the effort to eliminate requirements that job applicants check a box on their applications if they have a criminal record - and continues Obama’s emphasis on assisting criminals who want to re-enter society as part of his continuing agenda items from his "My Brother’s Keeper Task Force."

About 60-to-75% of former inmates cannot find work within their first year out of jail, according to the Justice Department, a huge impediment to re-entering society.

Research shows the existence of a criminal record can reduce an employer’s interest in applicant by about 50%, and that when white and black applicants both have records, employers are far less likely to call back a black applicant than a white one. As a 2009 re-entry study in New York city found, “the criminal record penalty suffered by white applicants (30%) is roughly half the size of the penalty for blacks with a record (60%).”

Obama To Openly Welcome Criminals As Government Workers | Zero Hedge
Let's put more criminals on the street along with a flood illegal aliens, more school shootings to come.

Ah one of the most coveted tenets of the moral right... deny forgiveness to all, just as Jesus wanted...

It's a good idea . That way people can get to the interview stage before having to disclose their past . By then it might not matter as the employer may be impressed and give the guy a chance .

Or would you rather have them jobless and on welfare ?

It's a good idea . That way people can get to the interview stage before having to disclose their past . By then it might not matter as the employer may be impressed and give the guy a chance .

felons are restricted on getting welfare and SSDI..

Well then I say he should lead by example. Get rid of his SS detail for him and the mabell. get rid of all the servants, chiefs, drivers, etc etc and hire and use only these CRIMINALS he released on us.

my gawd how does anyone take anything this man says without breaking out in laughter. ?

Well locking them up for life or denying them work does not work either..
look! I need someone to clean all of my toilets!!!!
Overactive bladder?
no, i am just getting sick and tired of having to hire all of these monkeys, of whom do very sloppy cleaning work! i already slipped on 3 bananas, nearly breaking my back!
Mr. Burns figured that out and uses them as novel writers...
MonkeysAtTypewriters.jpg

Those hiring them should have the right to know their criminal past............aka murderer, rapist, or etc...................Just because they are out doesn't mean they aren't reformed..............................

Not to mention that they will probably never check the box anyway.............

Those hiring them should have the right to know their criminal past............aka murderer, rapist, or etc...................Just because they are out doesn't mean they aren't reformed..............................

Not to mention that they will probably never check the box anyway.............
These are non-violent criminals. If y'all plan to be outraged about something, it helps to know a little something about it.

Most employers have more than one option.

-Geaux

Most employers have more than one option.

-Geaux
So then you've got nothing to worry about.

Forum List

Back