Huh? - Obama To Openly Welcome Criminals As Government Workers

so whats the going rate to hire a criminal to clean my house? 3.35 hr? and i do have the right to throw him out the second floor window if i catch him groping my gerbils.

You CAN ask them. This just stops mass disqualification at the application process.

That way guys like Ollie North can get thier foot in the door !

It's a good idea . That way people can get to the interview stage before having to disclose their past . By then it might not matter as the employer may be impressed and give the guy a chance .

Or would you rather have them jobless and on welfare ?
Those hiring them should have the right to know their criminal past............aka murderer, rapist, or etc...................Just because they are out doesn't mean they aren't reformed..............................

Not to mention that they will probably never check the box anyway.............
These are non-violent criminals. If y'all plan to be outraged about something, it helps to know a little something about it.

Why not have full disclosure then? No big deal... right?

-Geaux

It's a good idea . That way people can get to the interview stage before having to disclose their past . By then it might not matter as the employer may be impressed and give the guy a chance .

Those hiring them should have the right to know their criminal past............aka murderer, rapist, or etc...................Just because they are out doesn't mean they aren't reformed..............................

Indeed. With all the repeat offenders, why take the risk?

-Geaux

Oh, so the feds are removing the criminal history box on federal applications and replacing it with a violent crime box?...

These are non-violent criminals. If y'all plan to be outraged about something, it helps to know a little something about it.

Most employers have more than one option.

-Geaux
So then you've got nothing to worry about.

Worried about just what?

-Geaux

What is wrong with this guy? I mean really. First he nullifies our justice system by releasing felons from prison, so now he says he's going to do away with the 'box'. Meaning, have you ever been to prison, convicted of a felony etc

Obama is bad news indeed

-Geaux
----------------

President Obama has just unleashed a new executive order to remove admission of a criminal history from job applications, or in The White House's words, to reduce potential discrimination against former convicts in the hiring process for federal government employees. As NBC News reports, this is a further step towards what many criminal justice reformers call "ban the box" – the effort to eliminate requirements that job applicants check a box on their applications if they have a criminal record - and continues Obama’s emphasis on assisting criminals who want to re-enter society as part of his continuing agenda items from his "My Brother’s Keeper Task Force."

About 60-to-75% of former inmates cannot find work within their first year out of jail, according to the Justice Department, a huge impediment to re-entering society.

Research shows the existence of a criminal record can reduce an employer’s interest in applicant by about 50%, and that when white and black applicants both have records, employers are far less likely to call back a black applicant than a white one. As a 2009 re-entry study in New York city found, “the criminal record penalty suffered by white applicants (30%) is roughly half the size of the penalty for blacks with a record (60%).”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-02/obama-openly-welcome-criminals-government-workers

Apparently the government is chock full of criminals: How the Pentagon spent $43 million on a single gas station

Bad idea...

Geez . You guys bitch about fed spending all day long .

Do u realize how much we spend on Prisons and the war on drugs ??

What is wrong with this guy? I mean really. First he nullifies our justice system by releasing felons from prison, so now he says he's going to do away with the 'box'. Meaning, have you ever been to prison, convicted of a felony etc

Obama is bad news indeed

-Geaux
----------------

President Obama has just unleashed a new executive order to remove admission of a criminal history from job applications, or in The White House's words, to reduce potential discrimination against former convicts in the hiring process for federal government employees. As NBC News reports, this is a further step towards what many criminal justice reformers call "ban the box" – the effort to eliminate requirements that job applicants check a box on their applications if they have a criminal record - and continues Obama’s emphasis on assisting criminals who want to re-enter society as part of his continuing agenda items from his "My Brother’s Keeper Task Force."

About 60-to-75% of former inmates cannot find work within their first year out of jail, according to the Justice Department, a huge impediment to re-entering society.

Research shows the existence of a criminal record can reduce an employer’s interest in applicant by about 50%, and that when white and black applicants both have records, employers are far less likely to call back a black applicant than a white one. As a 2009 re-entry study in New York city found, “the criminal record penalty suffered by white applicants (30%) is roughly half the size of the penalty for blacks with a record (60%).”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-02/obama-openly-welcome-criminals-government-workers

Apparently the government is chock full of criminals: How the Pentagon spent $43 million on a single gas station

How dare you ! The military keeps us safe . That's a freedom gas station! Would you rather the terrorists gas up here??!

Not enough evidently. We need more severe consequences or there is no deterrent

-Geaux

Bad idea...

And paying tens of thousands of dollars per nonviolent - let me repeat that - nonviolent inmate per year is a good idea? Or do you have an alternative?

It's great if the person has truly reformed. Everyone deserves a second chance. Sadly, some in prison have a record longer than their arm and have been raised in a way that they have no respect for others.

Prison isn't currently designed to change that. It actually can make some worse than when they went in. There are gangs recruiting members and even some radical Muslims were trying to charge other inmates an infidel tax if they refused to convert.

There isn't enough being done to reform inmates. Some, like the psychopaths, are incurable and will always pose a danger. There is also a huge difference between the basically decent person who made a bad choice and the habitually violent ones who are harder to change.

I wouldn't hire someone convicted for violent crimes if they had a long history of that. Without proper treatment, they won't change. I also wouldn't hire a pedophile.

I'm not against giving people a chance, but there is a limit. There will be those who just see this as another way to get rewarded for bad behavior.

Well, actually the DEA makes tons of money off it. The DEA supports the US Marshals and the US Attorney's office besides themselves off the money and property they seize from drug traffickers and dealers. The DEA is probably the only governmental agency that actually makes money off their operations.

Bad idea...

And paying tens of thousands of dollars per nonviolent - let me repeat that - nonviolent inmate per year is a good idea? Or do you have an alternative?

I do... don't do the crime if you can't do the time

Need more consequence for criminal actions

-Geaux

First he nullifies our justice system by releasing felons from prison

It's called commuting a sentence. It's been a normal executive power since Pangea.

so now he says he's going to do away with the 'box'. Meaning, have you ever been to prison, convicted of a felony etc

You would prefer that these people be unable to find work, and have no other option but to return to a life of crime in order to feed themselves?

Forum List

Back