🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Huma Abedin broke the law by forwarding classified materials to her husband. He had no clearance...

It's written in the very first line... "Knowing and willfully" describes intent.

Yes, and you ignored THIS part of the law.... Remember, commas MEAN something....

",or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person"

Huma was authorized... and Comey said he can't prove Weiner read them. In fact he stated he doesn't think he read them.

Her HUSBAND, wasn't. Pay attention.

I already told you... Comey said they can't prove her HUSBAND read the emails with the information and that he thought he didn't. In order to prosecute her for it they would have to prove he read it. I already said this. Funny you are saying I'm not paying attention and reading everything when you ignored this.

And, like I told you. IT DOESN'T MATTER!

It DOES MATTER. I'm sorry I'm taking the opinion of the Director of the FBI over some fucking guy on a forum on the internet.

No, that's not intent. That's whether you knew you did it or not.

I can knowingly and willfully do something and it not be the intent that you think it is.

Yes, "willfully and knowingly" does describe intent.

"intent
n. mental desire and will to act in a particular way, including wishing not to participate. Intent is a crucial element in determining if certain acts were criminal. Occasionally a judge or jury may find that "there was no criminal intent." Example: lack of intent may reduce a charge of manslaughter to a finding of reckless homicide or other lesser crime."

Legal Dictionary - Law.com
doesnt change fact a crime was committed and prosecuted....you never hear a defendant claim innocent due to lack of intent

Uh... as I said it depends on the law, and yes many times you hear defendants claim innocence due to a lack of intent...

I can knowingly and willfully do something and it not be the intent that you think it is.

"intent
n. mental desire and will to act in a particular way, including wishing not to participate. Intent is a crucial element in determining if certain acts were criminal. Occasionally a judge or jury may find that "there was no criminal intent." Example: lack of intent may reduce a charge of manslaughter to a finding of reckless homicide or other lesser crime."

doesnt change fact a crime was committed and prosecuted....you never hear a defendant claim innocent due to lack of intent

Uh... as I said it depends on the law, and yes many times you hear defendants claim innocence due to a lack of intent...
DIdnt mean to kill someone doesnt get you off....... didnt mean to swindle you doesnt get you off......perhaps you have some real examples

"intent

DIdnt mean to kill someone doesnt get you off....... didnt mean to swindle you doesnt get you off......perhaps you have some real examples

I already gave examples. There are different counts and levels or counts and standards for them. If you didn't mean to kill someone you aren't going to be charged with First Degree murder. You'll probably be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Can you please give me an example of how someone doesn't mean to swindle someone? :lmao:

Oh shut up.... ignorance of the law is no excuse......
FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook

You post a link to some oddball site to support your argument despite me showing you the law and where it specifically defines intent... :oops-28:
Oddball to an apologist willing to try to shovel manure for Hilly.

I've already said my opinion is that she mishandled classified info, but following the laws is more important. Sorry I don't think we should just do whatever we want with laws in order to settle personal beefs.

Yes, and you ignored THIS part of the law.... Remember, commas MEAN something....

",or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person"

Huma was authorized... and Comey said he can't prove Weiner read them. In fact he stated he doesn't think he read them.

I already told you... Comey said they can't prove her HUSBAND read the emails with the information and that he thought he didn't. In order to prosecute her for it they would have to prove he read it. I already said this. Funny you are saying I'm not paying attention and reading everything when you ignored this.

It DOES MATTER. I'm sorry I'm taking the opinion of the Director of the FBI over some fucking guy on a forum on the internet.

No, it doesn't the Statute reads MAKES AVAILABLE TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSON. Notice how it doesn't say "unless they don't read it". It says MAKES AVAILABLE. Period. Were it Kelly Anne Conway and her husband you would be screaming for her head on a platter. You know it and I know it.

No, it doesn't the Statute reads MAKES AVAILABLE TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSON. Notice how it doesn't say "unless they don't read it". It says MAKES AVAILABLE. Period. Were it Kelly Anne Conway and her husband you would be screaming for her head on a platter. You know it and I know it.

I've already said I think they were in the wrong, but if Comey, who knows this shit 1,000 times better than you, me, and anyone else on this forum, says there isn't enough there to convict them, then that's where I'm going to side. Please let me know how you are more qualified and knowledgeable about these laws than Comey. I'd be glad to hear it.

I've already said I think they were in the wrong, but if Comey, who knows this shit 1,000 times better than you, me, and anyone else on this forum, says there isn't enough there to convict them, then that's where I'm going to side. Please let me know how you are more qualified and knowledgeable about these laws than Comey. I'd be glad to hear it.

Comey is a political whore. His boss said she wouldn't do anything about it, and expressly told him so. He did as he was ordered. He tried to make it palatable to the American People, but it was pure unadulterated horseshit. If the shrilary wasn't the wife of bill clinton she would be sitting in the grey bar Hilton right now. She KNOWINGLY broke the law and she is laughing at you people who defend the indefensible.

Why the fuck do you carry that bitches water?

Comey is a political whore. His boss said she wouldn't do anything about it, and expressly told him so. He did as he was ordered. He tried to make it palatable to the American People, but it was pure unadulterated horseshit. If the shrilary wasn't the wife of bill clinton she would be sitting in the grey bar Hilton right now. She KNOWINGLY broke the law and she is laughing at you people who defend the indefensible.

Why the fuck do you carry that bitches water?

Who the fuck you think you are talking to? I'm not defending her or anyone else. I'm defending the law, and how it will be applied to ANYONE. Not only is Comey the Director of the FBI, he was also once the Deputy AG of the United States, the second highest lawyer in the country. He knows what the fuck he is talking about. I already told you how he circumvented giving her information once he found out what she did and that he felt she over-stepped her position. What the fuck more do you want out of him? His letter to Congress played a part in making Hillary lose the election, and he pretty much admitted to that today. Why the fuck would someone who wants to help Lynch and Hillary do something that would cost her the election instead of burying it until after the election???

He said trying to prove intent was difficult, particularly when the ag had stated she would keep the investigation from getting very far, in an email he got access to.
Comey already said today they did an investigation and they decided not to press charges because they couldn't prove mens rea.

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(f)
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

And this......

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a)
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

He said trying to prove intent was difficult, particularly when the ag had stated she would keep the investigation from getting very far, in an email he got access to.
Comey already said today they did an investigation and they decided not to press charges because they couldn't prove mens rea.

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(f)
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

And this......

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a)
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

Both things you just quoted says, "Knowingly" and "with the intent."

Forum List

Back