Human Sacrifice vs Human Shield

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
From John Spencer on X: "Hamas uses a human sacrifice strategy, not a human shield strategy".

The difference being (my words): the use of human shield has the goal of preventing an opposing entity from acting in a military capacity while the use of human sacrifice has the goal of forcing an opposing entity to act in a military capacity and then weaponizing those actions.

This seems to be a valid assessment and a decent understanding of the underlying shift in strategy that came with the October 7 invasion.

I like it.

It is interesting to me that while the pro-Zionist commentators have insisted from the beginning that Hamas is intentionally positioning their strategic assets underneath or behind non-combatants (aka, "innocent civilians"), there really hasn't been anyone on the Hamas side that denies it.

And the international pro-Palestinian crowd seems fine with it.

From John Spencer on X: "Hamas uses a human sacrifice strategy, not a human shield strategy".

The difference being (my words): the use of human shield has the goal of preventing an opposing entity from acting in a military capacity while the use of human sacrifice has the goal of forcing an opposing entity to act in a military capacity and then weaponizing those actions.

This seems to be a valid assessment and a decent understanding of the underlying shift in strategy that came with the October 7 invasion.
October 7 invasion?

I like it.

It is interesting to me that while the pro-Zionist commentators have insisted from the beginning that Hamas is intentionally positioning their strategic assets underneath or behind non-combatants (aka, "innocent civilians"), there really hasn't been anyone on the Hamas side that denies it.

And the international pro-Palestinian crowd seems fine with it.
The human shielding was no longer working. The intent of human shielding was to protect the strategic assets and to prevent those assets from being eliminated. It stopped working because Israel developed strategies to protect civilians while also eliminating military assets.

Enter elevated strategy.

Forum List

Back