Humans in deep space? Doubt it.

i'd start with the iss. we are paying musk billions to bring it down safely, why not put down the same to move it to a stable orbit and run it as relay and supply station
Yeah.
I guess I don't understand the logic in dumping it into the ocean, then starting construction on another, with a limited life also.
I am supposed to reduce, reuse and recycle, yet lets dump an entire space station into the ocean?
It took a lot to put those materials in space and it would make more sense to build onto and retrofit an already existing structure in a stable orbit.

Yet, that is the same wasteful logic right here on Earth. Tear down perfectly good structures and start from scratch, then repeat a few decades later.

How could anyone assume, how would anyone know, if it's a thousand years or a few hundred years into the future?

You yourself mention technology. If you know technology and how it appears on the scene, you'd hang your head in shame here.
If it was possible we would be seeing evidence of more advanced entities visiting our earth.

So far there have been none.

How could anyone assume, how would anyone know, if it's a thousand years or a few hundred years into the future?

You yourself mention technology. If you know technology and how it appears on the scene, you'd hang your head in shame here.
It's called making a general opinion.

Nowhere did I state my speculation as fact.

Technology changes everything.
It will be at least a thousand years before we can really establish a presence throughout the Solar System. But it will happen. There are endless resources available in the asteroid belt and several moons of the gas giants.
That is where the next step is.

Another star is currently and probably for a millennia out of our reach.

We are only in the baby step phase of being a possible space faring race.

and I responded:

What in the world are you talking about here? Advanced entities?
If it was possible we would be seeing evidence of more advanced entities visiting our earth.

So far there have been none.
Hello? Anybody home? Any not so advanced entity at home?

Yeah.
I guess I don't understand the logic in dumping it into the ocean, then starting construction on another, with a limited life also.
I am supposed to reduce, reuse and recycle, yet lets dump an entire space station into the ocean?
It took a lot to put those materials in space and it would make more sense to build onto and retrofit an already existing structure in a stable orbit.

Yet, that is the same wasteful logic right here on Earth. Tear down perfectly good structures and start from scratch, then repeat a few decades later.
Maybe in another 200 years we can have something as large as the Enterprise orbiting the Earth and doing research throughout the solar system

maxresdefault-67523858.jpg

Forum List

Back