Hunter Biden

so going after all of trumps people meant you had nothing on trump.
Except they’re going after Trump too, silly.

Or did you forget that he’s a target of a criminal investigation in New York.
trump is not the topic,,, please stop trolling and stick to the topic,,

wouldnt want to get your comments deleted would you???
Why are you complaining about my comment and not the person who brought Trump up in the first place?
because you have a long history of trolling threads and derailing them to make them about trump,,,
But he didn't here. So why are you complaining to him and not to the person (iceberg ) you say is trolling?

Why are you complaining about my comment and not the person who brought Trump up in the first place?
because you have a long history of trolling threads and derailing them to make them about trump,,,
I didn’t bring up Trump. Take your criticism to the troll who did.
why???

But he didn't here. So why are you complaining to him and not to the person (iceberg ) you say is trolling?
I didnt see his comment,,, but colfax has a long history of doing it,,,

So? You still don't know what they talked about even if there was such a meeting.
I never said I did,,,
You insinuated they discussed Hunter's overseas businesses.
OK,,,

Critical thinking about this story leads to serious skepticism.

1. The very idea that a laptop with a video of Hunter Biden smoking crack on it would be given to a random repair shop to recover is absurd. It is years since his drug use and Burisma dealings became a serious issue of international importance, and professionals would long since have taken custody of any relevant hardware or storage. It is beyond the worst operational security in the world to give an unencrypted device with confidential data on it to a third party. It is, however, very much a valid way for someone to make a device appear to be from a person or organization without providing any verification that it is so.
  2. The repair shop supposedly could not identify Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, as the customer. But the invoice (for $85 — remarkably cheap for diagnosis, recovery, and backup of three damaged Macs) has “Hunter Biden” written right on it, with a phone number and one of the email addresses he reportedly used. It seems unlikely that Hunter Biden’s personal laptop — again, loaded with personal and confidential information, and possibly communications with the VP — would be given to a small repair shop rather (than an Apple Store or vetted dealer) and that shop would be given his personal details for contact. Political operators with large supporting organizations simply don’t do that — though someone else could have.
  3. Even if they did, the idea that Biden or his assistant or whoever would not return to pick up the laptop or pay for the services is extremely suspicious. Again, these are supposedly the personal devices of someone who communicated regularly with the VP, and whose work had come under intense scrutiny long before they were dropped off. They would not be treated lightly or forgotten. On the other hand, someone who wanted this data to be inspected would do exactly this.
  4. That the laptops themselves were open and unencrypted is ridiculous. The serial number of the laptop suggests it was a 2017 MacBook Pro, probably running Mojave. Every Mac running Lion or later has easily enabled built-in encryption. It would be unusual for anyone to provide a laptop for repair that had no password or protection whatsoever on its files, let alone a person like Hunter Biden — again, years into efforts to uncover personal data relating to his work in Ukraine. An actor who wanted this data to be discovered and read would leave it unencrypted.
  5. That this information would be inspected by the repair shop at all is very suspect indeed. Recovery of an ostensibly damaged Mac would likely take the form of cloning the drive and checking its integrity against the original. There is no reason the files or apps themselves would need to be looked at in the course of the work in the first place. Some shops have software that checks file hashes, if they can see them, against a database of known child sex abuse material. And there have been notable breaches of trust where repair staff illicitly accessed the contents of a laptop to get personal data. But there’s really no legitimate reason for this business to inspect the contents of the devices they are working on, let alone share that information with anyone, let alone a partisan operative. The owner, and avid Trump supporter, gave an interview this morning giving inconsistent information on what had happened and suggested he investigated the laptops of his own volition and retained copies for personal protection.
  6. The data itself is not convincing. The Post has published screenshots of emails instead of the full text with metadata — something you would want to do if you wanted to show they were authentic. For stories with potential political implications, it’s wise to verify.
  7. Lastly, the fact that a copy was given to Giuliani and Bannon before being handed over to the FBI, and that it is all being published two weeks before the election, lends the whole thing a familiar stink — one you may remember from other pre-election shenanigans in 2016. The choice of the Post as the outlet for distribution is curious as well; one need only to accidentally step on one in the subway to understand why.
Laundry list of excuses. Why don’t you just admit that the media lies? Doesn’t fit your leftist narrative, eh Cowardly Colfax.
You have a childishly simplistic view of the world.
I disagree. I honestly believe you’re a very stupid person and are beneath me. Will you put me on ignore again like a coward?

So? You still don't know what they talked about even if there was such a meeting.
I never said I did,,,
I would bet money they did. Sometimes you have to follow common sense. Foreign concept to some.

Benghazi, the caravan, Hillary’s e-mails, unmasking, blah, blah, it is always the same Pub crap. Nobody gives shit about Hunter Biden. Hunter Biden is only the newest and latest Boogeyman du jour for Trumpist nut jobs.
That the right is desperately going after Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton reveals they have nothing on Joe.

:dance:

god damn y'all are fucking stupid.
Uh, no, we went after Impeached Trump too.
how did that work out for you?

1. The very idea that a laptop with a video of Hunter Biden smoking crack on it would be given to a random repair shop to recover is absurd. It is years since his drug use and Burisma dealings became a serious issue of international importance, and professionals would long since have taken custody of any relevant hardware or storage. It is beyond the worst operational security in the world to give an unencrypted device with confidential data on it to a third party. It is, however, very much a valid way for someone to make a device appear to be from a person or organization without providing any verification that it is so.
  2. The repair shop supposedly could not identify Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, as the customer. But the invoice (for $85 — remarkably cheap for diagnosis, recovery, and backup of three damaged Macs) has “Hunter Biden” written right on it, with a phone number and one of the email addresses he reportedly used. It seems unlikely that Hunter Biden’s personal laptop — again, loaded with personal and confidential information, and possibly communications with the VP — would be given to a small repair shop rather (than an Apple Store or vetted dealer) and that shop would be given his personal details for contact. Political operators with large supporting organizations simply don’t do that — though someone else could have.
  3. Even if they did, the idea that Biden or his assistant or whoever would not return to pick up the laptop or pay for the services is extremely suspicious. Again, these are supposedly the personal devices of someone who communicated regularly with the VP, and whose work had come under intense scrutiny long before they were dropped off. They would not be treated lightly or forgotten. On the other hand, someone who wanted this data to be inspected would do exactly this.
  4. That the laptops themselves were open and unencrypted is ridiculous. The serial number of the laptop suggests it was a 2017 MacBook Pro, probably running Mojave. Every Mac running Lion or later has easily enabled built-in encryption. It would be unusual for anyone to provide a laptop for repair that had no password or protection whatsoever on its files, let alone a person like Hunter Biden — again, years into efforts to uncover personal data relating to his work in Ukraine. An actor who wanted this data to be discovered and read would leave it unencrypted.
  5. That this information would be inspected by the repair shop at all is very suspect indeed. Recovery of an ostensibly damaged Mac would likely take the form of cloning the drive and checking its integrity against the original. There is no reason the files or apps themselves would need to be looked at in the course of the work in the first place. Some shops have software that checks file hashes, if they can see them, against a database of known child sex abuse material. And there have been notable breaches of trust where repair staff illicitly accessed the contents of a laptop to get personal data. But there’s really no legitimate reason for this business to inspect the contents of the devices they are working on, let alone share that information with anyone, let alone a partisan operative. The owner, and avid Trump supporter, gave an interview this morning giving inconsistent information on what had happened and suggested he investigated the laptops of his own volition and retained copies for personal protection.
  6. The data itself is not convincing. The Post has published screenshots of emails instead of the full text with metadata — something you would want to do if you wanted to show they were authentic. For stories with potential political implications, it’s wise to verify.
  7. Lastly, the fact that a copy was given to Giuliani and Bannon before being handed over to the FBI, and that it is all being published two weeks before the election, lends the whole thing a familiar stink — one you may remember from other pre-election shenanigans in 2016. The choice of the Post as the outlet for distribution is curious as well; one need only to accidentally step on one in the subway to understand why.
Laundry list of excuses. Why don’t you just admit that the media lies? Doesn’t fit your leftist narrative, eh Cowardly Colfax.
I disagree. I honestly believe you’re a very stupid person and are beneath me. Will you put me on ignore again like a coward?
he's a troll with a few optional features. but still a troll.

Well that's not believable since iceberg's quote about Trump is plainly visible in colfax_m's post...

Untitled.jpg

I don’t think you’re an idiot but I think you’re definitely someone who opens themselves to manipulation by misinformation.

I think you believe I’m an idiot as a means of defense because you refuse to entertain the idea that you’re subject to manipulation because that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Well that's not believable since iceberg's quote about Trump is plainly visible in colfax_m's post...

why???

I never said I did,,,
I would bet money they did. Sometimes you have to follow common sense. Foreign concept to some.
Great, prove it....

Trolls show up to threads with emotional outbursts that have nothing to do with the topic, which is what you’ve done.

I’ve provided, what 4 or 5 links to stories talking about the suspiciousness of this story. That’s not what a troll does.

Benghazi, the caravan, Hillary’s e-mails, unmasking, blah, blah, it is always the same Pub crap. Nobody gives shit about Hunter Biden. Hunter Biden is only the newest and latest Boogeyman du jour for Trumpist nut jobs.
That the right is desperately going after Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton reveals they have nothing on Joe.

:dance:

god damn y'all are fucking stupid.
Uh, no, we went after Impeached Trump too.
how did that work out for you?
I'll let you know in 3 weeks.

Trolls show up to threads with emotional outbursts that have nothing to do with the topic, which is what you’ve done.

I’ve provided, what 4 or 5 links to stories talking about the suspiciousness of this story. That’s not what a troll does.
leftist suspicions dont over ride the facts being presented,,,

biden has yet to say the meeting didnt take place and has been hiding since it came out,,,

I don’t think you’re an idiot but I think you’re definitely someone who opens themselves to manipulation by misinformation.

I think you believe I’m an idiot as a means of defense because you refuse to entertain the idea that you’re subject to manipulation because that makes you feel uncomfortable.
You’re a hypocrite who doesn’t understand basic economics. You also don’t understand logic and you’re weak when it comes to critical thinking. But your worst crime and yes I said crime was putting me on ignore. That is weak.

why???
Uh, because it's plainly visible.

Forum List

Back