Hurricane Otis' Wind Speed Increased by 115 mph in 24 Hours. That's Normal... Right?

If people had listened to the scientists 20 or 30 years ago, Acapulco might still be standing and 18 people now dead might be sitting at home having dinner with their families.
China emits more than double our CO2, so every reduction there is more than double ours, right?

So had China listened 10 or 15 years ago, we would have ended Manmade Global Climate Warming Change crisis

Let’s see if the next hurricane does this 115mph trick. Sounds like Mann’s Nature Trick

Let’s see if the next hurricane does this 115mph trick. Sounds like Mann’s Nature Trick
The rate at which it occurs has already increased significantly. We don't need to wait for the next storm. But I'm curious what parallels you see between this and Climategate's "Mike's Nature Trick". Please explain.

The rate at which it occurs has already increased significantly. We don't need to wait for the next storm. But I'm curious what parallels you see between this and Climategate's "Mike's Nature Trick". Please explain.

It's all made up, fictional with absolutely zero science backing it up

How is it that we are still trying to figure out gravity when Manmade global climate warming change is "settled science"?

Also, if CO2 is the culprit shouldn't all our efforts be dedicated to reducing China's planet killing emissions?

China emits more than double our CO2, so every reduction there is more than double ours, right?

So had China listened 10 or 15 years ago, we would have ended Manmade Global Climate Warming Change crisis
Nope.
In 1973, U.S. per capita carbon dioxide emissions were 20 times those of China’s and 66 times those of India’s. By the year 2000, when many U.S. policymakers and consumers were aware of the effects of greenhouse gas emissions, U.S. per person emissions had dropped to just over 21 metric tons per year, while China’s and India’s had risen to 2.9 and 0.9 respectively. That meant U.S. per person emissions were seven times those of China’s and 23 times those of India’s. Since then, the United States' per person emission rate has continued to drop, but the country's 2021 per person carbon dioxide emissions were still nearly twice as large as China's and nearly 8 times as large as India's.

Nope.

China emits double our CO2.

Do you believe that CO2 melts the ice caps and increases hurricanes on a per capita basis? Using CO2 per capita means the speaker is a stooge for the CCP

co2-emissions-per-country-chart.jpg

Do you believe that CO2 melts the ice caps and increases hurricanes on a per capita basis? Using CO2 per capita means the speaker is a stooge for the CCP
I believe that when acting to stop humanities production of GHG, it is a good idea to go after the most concentrated sources first. And, of course, there is the ethical issue. How many times have YOU criticized the rich for flying around in private jets?

No, no, no, NO! Always be punching down!
I was initially looking for some way to illustrate the double standard that deniers play with per capita issues but they kept getting more complicated than I thought would get across to this audience.

I was initially looking for some way to illustrate the double standard that deniers play with per capita issues but they kept getting more complicated than I thought would get across to this audience.
Yep, per capita suits them just fine while wearing their White Victim! hats.

Forum List

Back