Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

As President Trump and others have indicated weeks ago, there is a cure. Tiny Tony Fauci needs to be fired ASAP and governors who opposed the cure need to be removed from office ASAP!

Even from a Fake News source!

It is not a cure, so anyone claiming it is will be lying.

It is used in a cocktail with antibiotics like Z-pak to help combat the virus while a vaccine is worked on.

So let cut the nonsense at telling someone that the Malaria Medication is a cure or you will get more idiots thinking that they drink Fish Tank Cleaner Martini's will also cure them...

The anti-Malaria drug is a right to live you idiot. Your democrat governors wanted to ban it! You mental case TDS douchebag!
As promised the governors of Michigan and Nevada will arrest any doctor prescribing these meds and any pharmacist filling those prescriptions.

Nobody said it was a cure, dumb ass.
I dont know how to define “cure” in this case

But if it helps a patient survive who otherwise would have died its a very big deal

we’ll know more in a few weeks

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

Should we just skip the clinical trials, then? Some doctors are trying it anyway, aren't they, if there is nothing else working?
I hope not.
"In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

More NEGATIVE WAVES.............while that sucks...............

We went to the moon but lost people blowing up trying........we got there......unless you are one of those Conspiracy nuts.
Not many on that trip to the moon, so your analogy there is moot. Not a conspiracy loon. Just concerned that any time someone thinks they "may" have "it" I am not jumping up and down saying... the cure is here.

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

Should we just skip the clinical trials, then? Some doctors are trying it anyway, aren't they, if there is nothing else working?
I hope not.
"In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10."

The drugs in question have been used on people for decades safely for other purposes. The situation above is not comparable, as that was a new vaccine.
I responded to "should the trials be skipped?" and I say no. It is irresponsible and unethical.

I hope not.

The drugs in question have been used on people for decades safely for other purposes. The situation above is not comparable, as that was a new vaccine.
I responded to "should the trials be skipped?" and I say no. It is irresponsible and unethical.

Full trials can take up to 4 or 5 years before a drug is approved for use.

If there is a chance this drug can mitigate spread and symptoms, it is irresponsible and unethical NOT to use it.

Democrats aren't just going to roll over and accept a successful treatment. They will discredit it and arrest doctors using it. If it gets successful enough there will be the sudden deaths of those treated and cured.

I hope not.

We went to the moon but lost people blowing up trying........we got there......unless you are one of those Conspiracy nuts.
Not many on that trip to the moon, so your analogy there is moot. Not a conspiracy loon. Just concerned that any time someone thinks they "may" have "it" I am not jumping up and down saying... the cure is here.
And neither are the doctors giving it to patients............These drugs are experimental and are being tested on people who have nothing else to lose............in most cases.......others are on HEALTHY PATIENTS that would beat the virus anyway,

I hope not.

And neither are the doctors giving it to patients............These drugs are experimental and are being tested on people who have nothing else to lose............in most cases.......others are on HEALTHY PATIENTS that would beat the virus anyway,

The drugs are not experimental, their use in this specific case is experimental. These drugs have been tested and approved for human use in other treatments. They are so old they have long since lost patent status, and are generic formulations.

I hope not.

The drugs are not experimental, their use in this specific case is experimental. These drugs have been tested and approved for human use in other treatments. They are so old they have long since lost patent status, and are generic formulations.
The drugs aren't .........the using on covid 19 are experimental.......as this didn't exist before.

I hope not.

The drugs aren't .........the using on covid 19 are experimental.......as this didn't exist before.

But we already know how the drug interacts with people, the side effects, and other information on how it interacts with humans, both sick and healthy.

OK, so they want to do more clinical tests where they compare groups who use hydroxychloroquine against those who don't. Why not let the people decide what treatment they get and do the study. There's no sense wasting time. And this drug isn't anything like that polio drug analogy someone was making on here earlier. This drug has already been safely used for decades.

He is the CEO of a company that makes it. What did you expect the CEO to say?

Is that why the FDA gave approval last night to start using it as treatment?

The media and blue state leaders keep saying there is no proven treatment yet this medication keeps proving them wrong....wake up!!!!

I hope not.

But we already know how the drug interacts with people, the side effects, and other information on how it interacts with humans, both sick and healthy.
Very True....I've never said otherwise.........only mentioned taking some version of it a long time ago.

Amazing how you simply ignored the first part of the post.
Oh, I read it. I just went back and read it again. I just hope there is more to go on by the time I might have to depend on it than Doctors and CEO's who stand to make a profit from it. I do not have Covid-19. I will wait for something more tangible and reliable than Drug manufacturers endorsements of their own product as the most promising that the company makes to treat this new disease, unless my doctor is the one prescribing it. I do not ever trust drug manufacturers to look out for the public good over their own profits. Did you ever hear of the Oxycontin law suits, where a drug company went out of way to addict people to their product, just for the sake of profits. Heck, Rush Limbaugh learned the hard way, so bad he was shopping doctors in multiple states to feed his habit and the manufacturer was smiling all the way to the bank.

Doctors want patients to get better so they can go back to being general doctors and not curing a pandemic. Your statement is illogical.

Is that why the FDA gave approval last night to start using it as treatment?
No. It has been used for other things, and if used correctly, probably will not cause harm. It can give hope, if nothing else. So far, science has proved nothing else. Better buy you some stock this morning. They welcome your money. There is no doubt about that, at all.

Amazing how you simply ignored the first part of the post.
Oh, I read it. I just went back and read it again. I just hope there is more to go on by the time I might have to depend on it than Doctors and CEO's who stand to make a profit from it. I do not have Covid-19. I will wait for something more tangible and reliable than Drug manufacturers endorsements of their own product as the most promising that the company makes to treat this new disease, unless my doctor is the one prescribing it. I do not ever trust drug manufacturers to look out for the public good over their own profits. Did you ever hear of the Oxycontin law suits, where a drug company went out of way to addict people to their product, just for the sake of profits. Heck, Rush Limbaugh learned the hard way, so bad he was shopping doctors in multiple states to feed his habit and the manufacturer was smiling all the way to the bank.

Doctors want patients to get better so they can go back to being general doctors and not curing a pandemic. Your statement is illogical.
My statement were completely logical. You are a victim of drug company commercials one day and law firm commercials the next. I place more confidence in my doctors, than your drug companies, that's all.

Forum List

Back