Hypothesis For Why There's So Many Religions

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Money. Control. Power.

Religions are really just collections of unproven assertions used to make money, bring the masses under control, and give "clergy" supposedly working on behalf of one or more deities, power.

Disappointingly, even secular humanism, my collection of beliefs does it. Not content apparently with "be good because that's good" people latching on to the humanist movement seem to be trying to benefit financially from it like it's any other religious idea.

Ironicly, and minus the mind-altering aspect, think Leary said it best, "Tune in, turn on, drop out."

Refuse to participate in a world where money and making it has become priority 1, even when it's at the expense of others. Refuse to participate in a world where controlling others by perpetuating lies is acceptable. Refuse to participate in a world where violence is only legimate when the state does it, but the citizen is forbidden. Find some quiet place somewhere in the world, fall in love, raise a family, and renounce the materialistic world.

...CDs and DVDs and books available at my homepage. Just kidding. :)

Last edited:
Money. Control. Power.

Religions are really just collections of unproven assertions used to make money, bring the masses under control, and give "clergy" supposedly working on behalf of one or more deities, power.

Disappointingly, even secular humanism, my collection of beliefs does it. Not content apparently with "be good because that's good" people latching on to the humanist movement seem to be trying to benefit financially from it like it's any other religious idea.

Ironicly, and minus the mind-altering aspect, think Leary said it best, "Tune in, turn on, drop out."

Refuse to participate in a world where money and making it has become priority 1, even when it's at the expense of others. Refuse to participate in a world where controlling others by perpetuating lies is acceptable. Refuse to participate in a world where violence is only legimate when the state does it, but the citizen is forbidden. Find some quiet place somewhere in the world, fall in love, raise a family, and renounce the materialistic world.

One thing all the religions that have ever existed have in common is that they're all wrong. The problem with religion is that they claim to have all the answers, so they can't learn and change with progress. But, religions exist all over the world and always have. I think perhaps that having a strong religion enabled people to be more successful in battle, therefore in the gene pool. That's one area the muslims have us at a big disadvantage. They're willing to blow themselves up.

You lose me on the money. I've been poor most of my life and now in my old age I have a little money, and I buy toys I could never afford when I was working and raising a family. I really like my toys, they make me enjoy life. I had to work to get the money, and someone else has to work to make my toys. Now, if you're talking about money beyond what anyone could need, well I can't even imagine that.

Money. Control. Power.

One thing all the religions that have ever existed have in common is that they're all wrong. The problem with religion is that they claim to have all the answers, so they can't learn and change with progress. But, religions exist all over the world and always have. I think perhaps that having a strong religion enabled people to be more successful in battle, therefore in the gene pool. That's one area the muslims have us at a big disadvantage. They're willing to blow themselves up.

You lose me on the money. I've been poor most of my life and now in my old age I have a little money, and I buy toys I could never afford when I was working and raising a family. I really like my toys, they make me enjoy life. I had to work to get the money, and someone else has to work to make my toys. Now, if you're talking about money beyond what anyone could need, well I can't even imagine that.

Religions are the ones making the money off perpetuating the lies in their religions. Wasn't talking about individuals.

Forum List

Back