I believe China is simply going to move into Taiwan

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Sable rattling not withstanding there's no way China is going to attack the financial pearl That is Taiwan. It would be contrary to all of their goals concerning that spunky Little Island.

I believe what they will do instead is simply populate it with Chinese Nationals.... Who will then vote cede their sovereign status to Beijing.

Jo

Sable rattling not withstanding there's no way China is going to attack the financial pearl That is Taiwan. It would be contrary to all of their goals concerning that spunky Little Island.

I believe what they will do instead is simply populate it with Chinese Nationals.... Who will then vote cede their sovereign status to Beijing.

Jo

There is no way for China to militarily take Taiwan

I think it would be more of an economic invasion where they try to disrupt the Taiwan economy and offer an out

There is no way for China to militarily take Taiwan

I think it would be more of an economic invasion where they try to disrupt the Taiwan economy and offer an out
Yep..... Happening already.
They could take it militarily but then it would look like Ukraine afterwards and they don't want that.

Jo
China is more likely to be looking at other tactics, similar to Russia's moves of late.

That is of course, playing America's game in the West. That's become a natural way to escalate tensions that hasn't been used seriously in the past, except for the Cuban missile crisis in which America backed down.

The reason why it hasn't happened since the Soviet Union did it is because neither Russia or China were confident that they had the military standing to pull it off successfully.

Is Iran already Russia's and/or China's nuclear armed proxy? Or is Iran not nuclear armed yet?

China is more likely to be looking at other tactics, similar to Russia's moves of late.

That is of course, playing America's game in the West. That's become a natural way to escalate tensions that hasn't been used seriously in the past, except for the Cuban missile crisis in which America backed down.

The reason why it hasn't happened since the Soviet Union did it is because neither Russia or China were confident that they had the military standing to pull it off successfully.

Is Iran already Russia's and/or China's nuclear armed proxy? Or is Iran not nuclear armed yet?
Seems to me the military saber rattling around Taiwan is a distraction while they work their way in through the back door.

Let's face it, trying to take Taiwan would ensure the destruction of the island..Something completely contrary to the Chinese philosophy.

What I can certainly envision Is a patient, well thought out and well waited out plan of absorption, which seems to be underway even now. The Chinese are probably the best in the world at playing the long game.

Yep..... Happening already.
They could take it militarily but then it would look like Ukraine afterwards and they don't want that.
China has never intended on taking back Taiwan by military force, and I don't think America's meddling will change that.

Jo
yup

Seems to me the military saber rattling around Taiwan is a distraction while they work their way in through the back door.
Yes. From now on I would say that what is Russia's, America's, and China's, will remain so. America's play for the Ukraine is almost certain to fail, and Russia can never trade it for some other contested country.
Let's face it, trying to take Taiwan would ensure the destruction of the island..Something completely contrary to the Chinese philosophy.
Right, apparently according to the propaganda. Nevertheless, there's always the possibility of a military escalation by America that could force China's hand. However, keep in mind my theory on both Russia and China playing the same game in Cuba or Venezuela, for instance.
What I can certainly envision Is a patient, well thought out and well waited out plan of absorption, which seems to be underway even now. The Chinese are probably the best in the world at playing the long game.
Well that clarifies your intent with the title you chose for this discussion.
Are you o.k. with including Cuba in this discussion. Why hasn't America invaded and taken it back?

justoffal, this thread doesn't appear to be filling the void on this board today. I'll give it another 15 minutes or so and then I might have to start a better one myself.

However, good try and not to give up on it yet. It could be a bit complicated for them and they just need a few minutes?

Yes. From now on I would say that what is Russia's, America's, and China's, will remain so. America's play for the Ukraine is almost certain to fail, and Russia can never trade it for some other contested country.

Right, apparently according to the propaganda. Nevertheless, there's always the possibility of a military escalation by America that could force China's hand. However, keep in mind my theory on both Russia and China playing the same game in Cuba or Venezuela, for instance.

Well that clarifies your intent with the title you chose for this discussion.
Are you o.k. with including Cuba in this discussion. Why hasn't America invaded and taken it back?
I didn't consider the provocation angle....I give Beijing higher points for not being suckered in to a fist fight. They're just smarter about it....however the US is very clever when it comes to provocation. So maybe you're on to something?

Cuba?....hmmm....yes I see the parallels. All I can say is that China stands to gain financially by absorbing Taiwan....it might not be the same case with the US and Cuba.

justoffal, this thread doesn't appear to be filling the void on this board today. I'll give it another 15 minutes or so and then I might have to start a better one myself.

However, good try and not to give up on it yet. It could be a bit complicated for them and they just need a few minutes?
I will gladly join a new thread should you choose to start one.

The Republic of China on Taiwan is a separatist government that took the island away from China. Let them sort that out themselves, not our business.
It has very much to do with America, and Japan, and Australia, NATO, the Uk and smaller nations bordering the South China Sea such as the Philippines

China is a threat to everyone

I didn't consider the provocation angle....I give Beijing higher points for not being suckered in to a fist fight. They're just smarter about it....however the US is very clever when it comes to provocation. So maybe you're on to something?

Cuba?....hmmm....yes I see the parallels. All I can say is that China stands to gain financially by absorbing Taiwan....it might not be the same case with the US and Cuba.

The main thing I'm onto is Russia and China playing the same game, turn about. They both have the power to do so now. Russia has proven their superpower status in the war against America in the Ukraine.

I don't know if I should complicate it even more by speculating that Iran has become Russia's and/or China's very powerful proxy that could pull the trigger on the Z regime if they try to escalate. Your thread, your thoughts?

Anyway, it looks like this topic is over everybody else's pay grade?

If you insist on that, that might be the actual threat.
China is a threat

One small example is fishing rights

Their fishing fleet is illegally invading Philippine waters and china is using its navy to intimidate the smaller country

The threat is real and for the first time since the Vietnam War ended US military are allowed to set up bases on the Philippines

China is a threat

One small example is fishing rights

Their fishing fleet is illegally invading Philippine waters and china is using its navy to intimidate the smaller country

The threat is real and for the first time since the Vietnam War ended US military are allowed to set up bases on the Philippines
That is a territorial dispute. Both sides say the other illegally enters their territorial waters. That is not worth a world war and nuclear holocaust, the more so as that is not the only dispute in the world.

The main thing I'm onto is Russia and China playing the same game, turn about. They both have the power to do so now. Russia has proven their superpower status in the war against America in the Ukraine.

I don't know if I should complicate it even more by speculating that Iran has become Russia's and/or China's very powerful proxy that could pull the trigger on the Z regime if they try to escalate. Your thread, your thoughts?

Anyway, it looks like this topic is over everybody else's pay grade?
Iran in Ukraine? I suppose it's possible. They are already a major arms supplier to the conflict no?

That is a territorial dispute. Both sides say the other illegally enters their territorial waters. That is not worth a world war and nuclear holocaust, the more so as that is not the only dispute in the world.
The international court agrees with the Philippines

As I said thats just one example

Forum List

Back