I believe China is simply going to move into Taiwan

The Republic of China on Taiwan is a separatist government that took the island away from China. Let them sort that out themselves, not our business.
Among some other things, it is in American interests that China not be able to disrupt or interfere with the semiconductor chip manufacturing monopoly Taiwan now holds and that we are mostly dependent on. Almost every vehicle, machine, appliance, phone, tablet, computer, etc. we use cannot function without them. China could hold us completely hostage by threatening to cut off our supply.

It is the consequence of shortsighted economic policies that allowed the Chinese/Taiwanese to take away most of our manufacturing industries.

Biden did sign an act intended to boost chip manufacturing in the U.S. by heavily subsidizing the manufacture and it hasn't helped much if any. But until government provides a free market incentive by reducing oppressive and counterproductive rules and regulations, there is little incentive or even ability to make all the chips we need.

(P.S. Trump understands that kind of economics in a way that Biden doesn't and never did. I'm pretty sure he will put rules and regs into place quickly that will provide the incentives Americans need to make the chips we need. He was working with American manufacturers as late as 2020 and had made some progress but of course Biden reversed all that when he came into office.)

Last edited:
Iran in Ukraine? I suppose it's possible. They are already a major arms supplier to the conflict no?
No, not Iran in Ukraine. Where did you get that idea?
It's about Iran's perceived climb to power that now is apparently forbidding the Z regime from taking military action against Iran. Iran's proxies are going wild and the Z regime is doing nothing about it.

Watch FDR's new thread to see if that gets any bites. It's practically the same discussion in that it can be made to be.
It's against my interests to start one that interferes with these two.

Among some other things, it is in American interests that China not be able to disrupt or interfere with the semiconductor chip manufacturing monopoly Taiwan now holds and that we are mostly dependent on. Almost every vehicle, machine, appliance, phone, tablet, computer, etc. we use cannot function without them. China could hold us completely hostage by threatening to cut off our supply.

It is the consequence of shortsighted economic policies that allowed the Chinese/Taiwanese to take away most of our manufacturing industries.
Not shortsighted....greedy is the better word. They're all mostly still out there. The retired legislators that is....still living large on the blood money they banked to trade our manufacturing base away.

Sable rattling not withstanding there's no way China is going to attack the financial pearl That is Taiwan. It would be contrary to all of their goals concerning that spunky Little Island.

I believe what they will do instead is simply populate it with Chinese Nationals.... Who will then vote cede their sovereign status to Beijing.

Jo

Could be. I heard they are going to blockade the island. But who knows.

You would think China would act before Trump may get in. What is it, like 20 weeks before the election? Although Trump would not have official duty till later.

china knows how.jpg

Yeah...I think it's fair to say that Beijing couldn't care less what the international court thinks.
Nor should they

But when everyone in the neighborhood agrees china is a rogue nation, maybe globalist libs in this country should take their head out of the sand and review their opinions

No, not Iran in Ukraine. Where did you get that idea?
It's about Iran's perceived climb to power that now is apparently forbidding the Z regime from taking military action against Iran. Iran's proxies are going wild and the Z regime is doing nothing about it.

Watch FDR's new thread to see if that gets any bites. It's practically the same discussion in that it can be made to be.
It's against my interests to start one that interferes with these two.
Ahhhh.....okay I see now.

Not shortsighted....greedy is the better word. They're all mostly still out there. The retired legislators that is....still living large on the blood money they banked to trade our manufacturing base away.
President Trump understands the economics better than Biden & company ever could and I'm pretty sure he will put the rules and regs into place that will provide incentive for Americans to get back into the chip manufacturing business.

The Chinese are patiently waiting for the right time

The international court agrees with the Philippines

As I said thats just one example
I don´t know who is right and our national interest is that we should not mess with China, the more so as long as our industrial base is located there.
But what do you have in mind? Confront China? Sanction China?

A small part of it.
They're allowed to do that, and that's just the beginning!

You're really just saying that China holds the power to compete with America and win most of the time. And that's the reason why America is attempting to eliminate China's superpower alliance, with you know who. And that's the reason why America has started all its wars.

Then America will gain the confidence to deal with China one on one.

Welcome to the discussion.

Biden did sign an act intended to boost chip manufacturing in the U.S. by heavily subsidizing the manufacture and it hasn't helped much if any. But until government provides a free market incentive by reducing oppressive and counterproductive rules and regulations, there is little incentive or even ability to make all the chips we need.

(P.S. Trump understands that kind of economics in a way that Biden doesn't and never did. I'm pretty sure he will put rules and regs into place quickly that will provide the incentives Americans need to make the chips we need. He was working with American manufacturers as late as 2020 and had made some progress but of course Biden reversed all that when he came into office.)
That is true. The EU has a similar chip program.
The problem with the dependency is that the chips made in Taiwan are going to China where the electronic final goods are made. That means the dependency on China is already in place.
To support domestic production we need tougher measures. Not against China but against our own companies. We must force them to return to our countries. It could be like they can make stuff for China in China but the stuff for the West must be produced in the West.

We can establish one main point as being the truth: If America doesn't defang both Russia and China, it will become an empire intent on committing economic suicide!

A small part of it.

They're allowed to do that, and that's just the beginning!

You're really just saying that China holds the power to compete with America and win most of the time. And that's the reason why America is attempting to eliminate China's superpower alliance, with you know who. And that's the reason why America has started all its wars.

Then America will gain the confidence to deal with China one on one.

Welcome to the discussion.
Ahhh.... So you're saying that China is currently on a build up and that the US will most likely pre-empt. ????

The problem with the dependency is that the chips made in Taiwan are going to China where the electronic final goods are made. That means the dependency on China is already in place.
To support domestic production we need tougher measures. Not against China but against our own companies. We must force them to return to our countries. It could be like they can make stuff for China in China but the stuff for the West must be produced in the West.
There is something to say for that too. Until we return manufacturing to the USA and make most of the stuff we need and use, we will be dependent on other countries. And that is not a good thing when those other countries don't like us very much.

America can't do that. It's already not viable and is struggling with bringing in cheap labour on account of a phony political fight between the R's and the D's.

Yes

Forum List

Back