I believe China is simply going to move into Taiwan

Ahhh.... So you're saying that China is currently on a build up and that the US will most likely pre-empt. ????
Yes of course and has been since Mao's regime. But as an economic threat that they know has to be backed up with a powerful military.

I don't know how America can pre-empt? And so we consider Taiwan and Tibet and ??

I don't know of the rest?

And of course I'm saying that that's where Cuba, Venezuela, and ???? come in.

America can't do that. It's already not viable and is struggling with bringing in cheap labour on account of a phony political fight between the R's and the D's.
This is truly interesting. So immigration is part of the military industrial angle as much as it is anything else.

There is something to say for that too. Until we return manufacturing to the USA and make most of the stuff we need and use, we will be dependent on other countries. And that is not a good thing when those other countries don't like us very much.
And now all you need to do is figure out the reason why 'things' aren't made in the US, and fwiw, they never can be.

Except maybe you become a communist country that forces corporations to stay in America and cut the salaries.

Rocket science mr. Fox!

This is truly interesting. So immigration is part of the military industrial angle as much as it is anything else.
I didn't suggest that. I suggested that cheap labour is necessary to sustain American enterprise viability.

You've taken the next step and you could be onto to something! There's little doubt that a stronge military demands vialbe industry/agriculture!

America can't do that. It's already not viable and is struggling with bringing in cheap labour on account of a phony political fight between the R's and the D's.
There is no other way unless you accept Chinese dominance in your country. The industry must return.

Yes of course and has been since Mao's regime. But as an economic threat that they know has to be backed up with a powerful military.

I don't know how America can pre-empt? And so we consider Taiwan and Tibet and ??

I don't know of the rest?

And of course I'm saying that that's where Cuba, Venezuela, and ???? come in.
Sure it's a given that all can play the game and we should not be surprised if they do. Pre-empt....
Well....increasing our naval presence in the straight of Taiwan might just do that no?

I don´t know who is right and our national interest is that we should not mess with China, the more so as long as our industrial base is located there.
But what do you have in mind? Confront China? Sanction China?
Relocate our industrial base from china

That wont happen overnight

But it must happen as soon and as much as possible

Sure it's a given that all can play the game and we should not be surprised if they do. Pre-empt....
Well....increasing our naval presence in the straight of Taiwan might just do that no?
It is written! America can't not challenge.

But unlike the past it's all complicated by the MAD threat. The only reason America didn't eliminate the Russia and China military threats that were bad jokes back in 1990.

You won't like this my friend: It's being contemplated that Russia has become the world's most powerful military force by Ritter and friends.

Relocate our industrial base from china

That wont happen overnight

But it must happen as soon and as much as possible
If you have no ideas of your own to add the fk off and lick your ice cream. Or better still stfu and pay attention!

And now all you need to do is figure out the reason why 'things' aren't made in the US, and fwiw, they never can be.

Except maybe you become a communist country that forces corporations to stay in America and cut the salaries.

Rocket science mr. Fox!
And yet Donald Trump had companies moving back to the USA and pretty much none leaving. It can be done with sound economics. It can't be done by government edict or subsidies.

It is written! America can't not challenge.

But unlike the past it's all complicated by the MAD threat. The only reason America didn't eliminate the Russia and China military threats that were bad jokes back in 1990.

You won't like this my friend: It's being contemplated that Russia has become the world's most powerful military force by Ritter and friends.
I'm not sure how they would make that assessment.... Certainly Russia has demonstrated the ability to churn out more conventional war machinery than anyone else right now. They are replacing their tanks faster than they're losing them which is actually remarkable. It should also be noted that the fact that they are holding their own in Ukraine against a United NATO effort can't sit well with the money grubbing, land grabbing NATORIANS.

Sable rattling not withstanding there's no way China is going to attack the financial pearl That is Taiwan. It would be contrary to all of their goals concerning that spunky Little Island.

I believe what they will do instead is simply populate it with Chinese Nationals.... Who will then vote cede their sovereign status to Beijing.

Jo
You may be right. They have no interest in obtaining "scorched earth". ie they want to Taiwan for the revenue. Blowing it up serves no purpose.

I'm not sure how they would make that assessment.... Certainly Russia has demonstrated the ability to churn out more conventional war machinery than anyone else right now. They are replacing their tanks faster than they're losing them which is actually remarkable. It should also be noted that the fact that they are holding their own in Ukraine against a United NATO effort can't sit well with the money grubbing, land grabbing NATORIANS.
I can't explain it, aside from what you've mentioned. It has something to do with being an effective force in place against an invading force.
But it's also been suggested that the US navy's large ships are sitting ducks for Russia's technology.
It all requires some thinking around the concept of conventional warfare, when both sides have depended so heavily on nuclear.

In any case, neither side will turn to all-out conventional warfare against the other, due to neither side ever consenting to lose.
I believe that proxy war are the future- as long as wars have a future.

And yet Donald Trump had companies moving back to the USA and pretty much none leaving.
I don't believe that ever started to happen. Both presidents bragged about making it happen. But is it possible?
It can be done with sound economics.
No, there's no miracle economics theory to the rescue. Only China is demonstrating what is possible.
It can't be done by government edict or subsidies.

And China has done it by government 'edict'.
As well as cooperative attitudes due to rewards for their people.

We should talk about all the details some time. It all has to do with socially responsible capitalism in which corruption and crimes against the country's people is not tolerated.

It has a lot to do with what Trump promises to deliver. Does he sound like he would deliver such a thing?

Sable rattling not withstanding there's no way China is going to attack the financial pearl That is Taiwan. It would be contrary to all of their goals concerning that spunky Little Island.

I believe what they will do instead is simply populate it with Chinese Nationals.... Who will then vote cede their sovereign status to Beijing.

Jo
That is very likely. China has pretty much said as much. There are a lot of truths to their positions on world affairs, including Taiwan. Long term, they are probably hell bent on taking over the world. First you do it economically and then all of the dominoes fall into place.

In the event of a conventional war against Chine, in which we should perceive that Russia will join in, the US navy could be at an intolerable risk.

I'm pretty sure that neither side wants to test the theory. Proxy wars are the world future, with strict limitations agreed upon by both sides before the serious shooting starts.

The Ukraine war (America vs. Russia) is the active test case. It becomes a great discussion in which few are prepared to get involved.

Forum List

Back