I believe corporal punishment for girls should be banned!

It is a very negative thing for a man to strike a girl. Even if corporal punishment were to be used in such a case, it should only be done by a woman. There are just too many ramifications on so many levels.

The problem is that they only punish the student who breaks the rules. That does not instill a sense of group responsibility. Your actions reflect on your family, friends, community, etc. The paddling must be administered to the entire class. You not only paddle the child, you make him watch along with the rest of the class while every student in the class is punished because of HIM and the entire class of students who are being punished because of HIM are watching. He does not want to be THAT GUY again.

It is an extension of the concept of group responsibility that he learns when he or one of his brothers breaks the rules at home.

I hear some High Schools in red states still use corporal punishment. I am against corporal punishment for girls because I believe it is unChristian and ungentlemanly for men to hit women! Only Muslim men hit women! I also believe it teaches women violence and makes young women more aggressive later in life.

You hear? Got a link to discuss?
Those who live in the south know of public schools where it is used. No one needs to prove that to your satisfaction, JakeWills.

I agree that females should be subject to the same style of discipline as the males.

Okay, I grant your request. It is banned.

Can you name a specific high school in a red state that has used corporal punishment in the last 10 years?
Yes, all Missouri schools. McDonald County high school to be specific.

My neighbor spanks her kids & they don't behave at all.
To me, that is why grounding kids is the better way to go. If they want their phones, radios, and TV privileges back, they better do what they are told.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If they are 5 & under I like to confine them for a minute or until they promis to behave. Like roll them up in a blanket like a burrito or put them in a tiny space like a cabinet. Their attitude always changes in 30 seconds. after a couple times, all you have to say is burrito roll & they behave. Way more effective than spanking them. After 5 yrs I use rewards & removal of privileges or stuff.
They have timeouts for five-year-olds...

And that's the problem...

... for girls, discipline stops...

... at a point in life where...

... it is sorely needed most...

... giving them the impression...

... that they are exempt from...

... rules that govern an orderly society.
I made my mission in life to discipline grown women whenever I saw they needed it without extra service fees.

We had corporal punishment when I was in school. For the girls, it was a woman dean administering the paddling.

I am usually the one always getting a paddling in school, I held the record there..Just like at USMB..

My neighbor spanks her kids & they don't behave at all.
To me, that is why grounding kids is the better way to go. If they want their phones, radios, and TV privileges back, they better do what they are told.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
If they are 5 & under I like to confine them for a minute or until they promis to behave. Like roll them up in a blanket like a burrito or put them in a tiny space like a cabinet. Their attitude always changes in 30 seconds. after a couple times, all you have to say is burrito roll & they behave. Way more effective than spanking them. After 5 yrs I use rewards & removal of privileges or stuff.
They have timeouts for five-year-olds...

Timeouts can be very effective.

colonial-williamsburg.jpg

I hear some High Schools in red states still use corporal punishment. I am against corporal punishment for girls because I believe it is unChristian and ungentlemanly for men to hit women! Only Muslim men hit women! I also believe it teaches women violence and makes young women more aggressive later in life.
Never heard about females being whacked. If so I would think a Teacher would take care of it. I think most of the time its put on the table to be expelled or whacked.

Alto ISD Texas had a rule that parents who would did not allow their kids to be paddled would have to send them to another ISD.

I'd have no more hesitancy paddling a girl than I would a boy

Forum List

Back