I believe this is an American only, personal, celebration,

View attachment 558733
Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' evening"), less commonly known as “Halloween”

As I see it.

Am I wrong?

:)-

Yes you're wrong.

I only know one version, the USA version.
I wish you a happy and merry day, this the
31st day of October, 2021AD celebrating Halloween.
Well..now..if you're paying attention...you know a bit more than you did..assuming you desired knowledge..and are not just trolling~

Yes you're wrong.

Yep. It is an old celebration/tradition in many countries.

Oct 26, 2009 · Halloween, one of the world’s oldest holidays, is celebrated in countries around the world. The United States, England and Mexico all celebrate versions of Halloween with unique traditions

NNoooooo.....It's ours, I tell ya....Halloween is ours!

Let the other countries celebrate kwanza - or whatever the fuck it's called.

Ahh..now Kwanzaa...is indeed a uniquely American holiday..that has spread to other countries~

American Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 during the aftermath of the Watts riots[2] as a specifically African-American holiday.[3][4] Karenga said his goal was to "give blacks an alternative to the existing holiday of Christmas and give blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and their history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."[5] For Karenga, a major figure in the Black Power movement of the 1960s and 1970s, the creation of such holidays also underscored the essential premise that "you must have a cultural revolution before the violent revolution. The cultural revolution gives identity, purpose, and direction."[6]
According to Karenga, the name Kwanzaa derives from the Swahili phrase matunda ya kwanza, meaning "first fruits".[7] First fruits festivals exist in Southern Africa, celebrated in December/January with the southern solstice, and Karenga was partly inspired by an account he read of the Zulu festival Umkhosi Wokweshwama.[8] It was decided to spell the holiday's name with an additional "a" so that it would have a symbolic seven letters.[9]
During the early years of Kwanzaa, Karenga said it was meant to be an alternative to Christmas. He believed Jesus was psychotic and Christianity was a "White" religion that Black people should shun.[10] As Kwanzaa gained mainstream adherents, Karenga altered his position so practicing Christians would not be alienated, stating in the 1997 book Kwanzaa: A Celebration of Family, Community, and Culture that "Kwanzaa was not created to give people an alternative to their own religion or religious holiday."[11] Many African Americans who celebrate Kwanzaa do so in addition to observing Christmas.[12]

After its initial creation in California, Kwanzaa spread outside the United States.[13]

I have never read/heard anything of the sort.
You are a stranger to me, no offense intended or implied.
This is the first time we have crossed paths

Please, show me the story

Just asking,
you are welcome to just pass on by

Hahahahahahahahaha you're killin' me dude!

watchingfromafar... Gold Member.....join date of 2017 but only has 3,842 messages, a measly reaction score of 688 and a lowly 140 points.​

Yet, he says he's never heard of me. Dude, do you live in a hollowed out cave somewhere in the Ligurian Apennines off the Adriatic Sea, and are posting from a public library?

:laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::lmao::21:

Close. It's like Kwaanza, but their "celebration" involves lots of naked dancing around a fires, sacrificing a human baby, and drinking blood. I think they're called "Wiccans" or "Pagans" or something.

They tried to come over here in the 1600's but thankfully the Pilgrims tied them to sticks and lit them on fire.

Hahahahahahahahaha you're killin' me dude!

watchingfromafar... Gold Member.....join date of 2017 but only has 3,842 messages, a measly reaction score of 688 and a lowly 140 points.​

Yet, he says he's never heard of me. Dude, do you live in a hollowed out cave somewhere in the Ligurian Apennines off the Adriatic Sea, and are posting from a public library?

:laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::lmao::21:
Hmmm...I note that monkrules and the OP joined within days of each-other..coincidence?

I think not~

Hmmm...I note that monkrules and the OP joined within days of each-other..coincidence?

I think not~

That's funny. I replied to the topic, as I usually do, without taking notice of who the OP was.

If you're that interested, you can search further - there are sure to be other members who joined this forum about the same time I did. Lol...

Yet, he says he's never heard of me. Dude,
I cannot believe this; I am conversing with a female who believed I am a “dude”.
Definition of dude (Entry 1 of 3)
1: a man extremely fastidious in dress and manner : DANDY
2: a city dweller unfamiliar with life on the range (see RANGE entry 1 sense 3b)
especially : an Easterner in the West
3: informal : FELLOW, GUY

The other girls in the program never go out, so I always find myself out with dudes from my program.
— Cosmopolitan
Definition of DUDE

Please JGalt, sweet pee, which is it, 1, 2, or three (3)?

Then maybe I’m a ____:)-________

I cannot believe this; I am conversing with a female who believed I am a “dude”.
Definition of dude (Entry 1 of 3)
1: a man extremely fastidious in dress and manner : DANDY
2: a city dweller unfamiliar with life on the range (see RANGE entry 1 sense 3b)
especially : an Easterner in the West
3: informal : FELLOW, GUY

The other girls in the program never go out, so I always find myself out with dudes from my program.
— Cosmopolitan
Definition of DUDE

Please JGalt, sweet pee, which is it, 1, 2, or three (3)?

Then maybe I’m a ____:)-________

Where does it say in your profile that you're a female? I'm sure not making my gender a secret in mine.

Halloween is spreading to other countries.

I think it's the sexy outfits the girls wear that's making it popular.

The kids don't get candy in other countries.

That probably explains why Joe Biden went to Italy. The idea of those little girls trick or treating in their sexy little costumes was just too much for him to resist.

View attachment 558733
Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' evening"), less commonly known as “Halloween”

As I see it.

Am I wrong?

The Halloween practice of children begging for treats at various homes originated here, however, Halloween's origin comes from the ancient Celtic Festival of Samhain.

The Halloween practice of children begging for treats at various homes
The children are not begging for candy.
The children are having fun with other kids enjoying life.
At least now I know why you have that username.
Luck has nothing to do with it.
Wish you and yours a great day and beyond.

Forum List

Back