I cannot focking believe the gop isn't going to find a way to put some suspects on the no buy list

You can't ban someone over a suspicion it's called due process
Tell that to George Bush. He banned people from flying over a suspicion. I don't recall a single pseudo right winger complaining about it at the time.

Probably because they were all in comas until January 20, 2009.

You're flapping your pie hole I was never a huge fan of Bush
Probably because you were still in diapers.

It's funny how you can't find a Bush supporter these days.

I didn't hear a single pseudo right winger complaining about Bush's No Fly List the same way they are whining now.

Like I said...coma.
Because they arent the same thing at all.
I am still a supporter of Bush, who was head and shoulders superior to the imposter we have now and the criminal we are likely to get in the future.
Is that how Ted Kennedy ended up on the No Fly List? Is that how several political opponents of Bush ended up on the list? Because Bush was better at this shit?

Regardless of how you stand on any of this, this issue is politically a loser.

Many times sticking with the Constitution is, but the Fifth Amendment is pretty clear.

Why don't they change it so that people can't be put on the No Fly List without a judge's approval first?
The constitution does not prevent this, so long as anyone denied receives due process - which is simply notice and an opportunity to be heard before an impartial tribunal of some kind.

Which doesn't happen which is why denying someone their 2nd Amendment rights by putting them on the No Fly List violates the Fifth.

And, super majorities favor background checks and do not favor a ban on mulsims entering the country, yet the GOP seems determined to make this an election a referendum on that.

Most Republicans do not support banning Muslims. That's the extreme right hyped up by Trump's idiocy. As far as background checks go, we already have those. I don't think the vast majority of the public even knows what gun laws are and are not on the books. They just hear someone say, "We should have background checks" and of course they say yes.

That is actually untrue. While we couldn't ban someone absolutely from buying a guy, as that is a right, we could require he submit to some more investigation prior to buying a gun.

You should be blaming Democrats. That is the bill THEY defeated!

Educate yourself.

I understand why just being on the no fly list shouldn't put someone in the database, but how could a guy like Mateen not be.

We are going to lose the Senate for sure doing stupid shite like this.

Why the post-Orlando gun-control legislation before Congress on Monday is almost sure to fail

Who cares if the GOP loses. Personally, I would like to see them get flushed a few more times because the only time they ever wanted to listen to us was when they lost.

Listening to liberals always gets everyone in trouble because they have not a clue about anything.

After arming terrorists The Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeida, and ISIS and arming Mexican Drug Cartells, Obama, Hillary, Eric Holder, and Loretta Lynch should be placed on that list. They should never be allowed to buy, sell, or handle guns again.

As ignorant and as wrong as usual.

Anyone denied per the NICS database of prohibited persons has the right to appeal the denial.

If the FBI can't justify the denial in three days, the gun sale is allowed to continue.

If the denial is justified, the buyer is allowed to appeal that decision, affording him comprehensive due process.

Anyone denied per the NICS database of prohibited persons has the right to appeal the denial.

If the FBI can't justify the denial in three days, the gun sale is allowed to continue.

If the denial is justified, the buyer is allowed to appeal that decision, affording him comprehensive due process.

GFY Jones, you're one of the most ignorant jackasses on this forum. You spew ignorant BS, expect to be taken serious then run away when confronted. Your credibility is less than zero

Stick this in your pipe and toke on it Jonesy, ya ignorant toad

The Constitution states only one command twice. The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law

Last edited:

Many times sticking with the Constitution is, but the Fifth Amendment is pretty clear.

Why don't they change it so that people can't be put on the No Fly List without a judge's approval first?
The constitution does not prevent this, so long as anyone denied receives due process - which is simply notice and an opportunity to be heard before an impartial tribunal of some kind.

And, super majorities favor background checks and do not favor a ban on mulsims entering the country, yet the GOP seems determined to make this an election a referendum on that.
Correct.

Being placed in the NICS prohibited persons database neither violates nor denies anyone's rights.

Background checks have been upheld by the courts because an appeals process is provided and the right to due process satisfied.

BS. No one know how people get on or off the list. ACLU has sued because of this lack of due process.

I understand why just being on the no fly list shouldn't put someone in the database, but how could a guy like Mateen not be.

We are going to lose the Senate for sure doing stupid shite like this.

Why the post-Orlando gun-control legislation before Congress on Monday is almost sure to fail

Those bills didn't do enough anyway.

Without high capacity magazines these shooters couldn't kill all those people. That's the law we need!

There is no reason for a center fire rifle to be able to hold more than 5 rounds. In fact there is no legitimate reason for not outlawing removable magazines.

There are only 3 reasons for owning firearms; Target shooting, hunting and self defense.

If you need a 30 round magazine for these you aren't a marksman. you are a mental masturbator.

Tell that to George Bush. He banned people from flying over a suspicion. I don't recall a single pseudo right winger complaining about it at the time.

Probably because they were all in comas until January 20, 2009.

I actually complained about the No-Fly list and Patriot Act and was told it was needed to protect us from terrorists, and yet we're still being attacked...

So no to any list!

Flag the son of a bitch in the system and yes they can do this but will not!

They don't understand what anti gunners mean by background checks.....and that is intentional...if the anti gunners explained universal background checks no one would support them except the rabid anti gunners...and they are simply stupid people...

Forum List

Back