"I can't trust the aguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist"

Interesting. Watch the dif between the postings of the atheists and the anti-Godists.

View attachment 52843

C.S. Lewis, like almost all people that need a 'god', thinks like a child. This is common among those who need to believe in something supernatural, they need a daddy figure that will make it all better and make them feel safe. Give them a whole picture of existence because uncertainty above all else is so terrifying. The uncertainty of death being the top of this pyramid.

I fully realize that you consider yourself one of this century's great thinkers but did you know that Von Braun actually prayed that "Thy will be done" when the astronauts onboard that Saturn 5 rocket were returning to earth. Poor ignorant Von Braun believed in God. Too bad you weren't there to educate the poor ignorant little fool.

Appeal to authority fallacy. Someone praying doesn't prove anything. The Mullah's pray to Allah to make their rockets work.

It does disprove your fallacy that intelligent people don't believe in God.

Interesting. Watch the dif between the postings of the atheists and the anti-Godists.

View attachment 52843
This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy, in addition to being a confirmation bias fallacy.

That one 'can't imagine' a world without order or purpose doesn't mean a 'god' must exist; belief in a 'god' is not 'evidence,' just as faith is not 'proof' a 'god' exists.

As also the belief that God does not exist does not prove that God does not exist.
Reading about god in a book of fiction doesn't prove its existence either.

View attachment 52843
This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy, in addition to being a confirmation bias fallacy.

That one 'can't imagine' a world without order or purpose doesn't mean a 'god' must exist; belief in a 'god' is not 'evidence,' just as faith is not 'proof' a 'god' exists.

As also the belief that God does not exist does not prove that God does not exist.

Well, you can read about Jesus in the works of the Jewish historian Josephus.

View attachment 52843

That doesn't prove a god or that Jesus was a special god-like being.

View attachment 52843

That wasn't the issue to which I responded.

That wasn't the issue to which I responded.
Your consession is duly noted. :cool:

View attachment 52843

C.S. Lewis, like almost all people that need a 'god', thinks like a child. This is common among those who need to believe in something supernatural, they need a daddy figure that will make it all better and make them feel safe. Give them a whole picture of existence because uncertainty above all else is so terrifying. The uncertainty of death being the top of this pyramid.
IsaacNewton writes like an ignorant child.

View attachment 52843

Your are guilty of a fallacy of mischaracterization. The OP was about how thought works, and that atheistic thinking leads to false conclusions unsupported by the thinking. Jones has demonstrated excellently how this fallacy operates.

"Not believing in these things does not prove they don't exist; unicorns, the spaghetti monster, Martians, Zeus, the Kraken...

Excellent: "not believing . . . does not prove they don't exist" is exactly correct.

And believing that things don't exist is not conclusive either.

Yes, evidence is necessary, and neither the empirical data nor the faith of the atheist prove that God does not exist.

View attachment 52843

Your are guilty of a fallacy of mischaracterization. The OP was about how thought works, and that atheistic thinking leads to false conclusions unsupported by the thinking. Jones has demonstrated excellently how this fallacy operates.

Taz is a prime example.

Those free from faith are just that: free from faith; they don't seek to 'disprove' anything, or 'do away' with religion – the notion in nonsense.

And being free from faith is not a 'belief system' or 'religion,' that's a ridiculous lie contrived by theists.

Your silly notion that atheists do not try to disprove or do away with religion is contravened by the statements of many on this Board alone. The fact remains that faith beliefs in America will continue, just as do secular beliefs, to inform our elections, legislation, and policy making.

Those free from faith are just that: free from faith; they don't seek to 'disprove' anything, or 'do away' with religion – the notion in nonsense.

And being free from faith is not a 'belief system' or 'religion,' that's a ridiculous lie contrived by theists.

This is one of the dodges they have learned to use the last 15 years or so, calling the absence of religion a 'religion'. Because they can't defend their own beliefs.
Actually you are describing the fallacy in your own thinking, that you believe (a faith) something does not exist.

View attachment 52843

I'm an atheist. I don't bloody care about presenting an argument. It's not my job to prove anything to you. It's your path to walk. I only care if religion crosses the line into the public sphere.
Good for you. I agree with you if you understand that the Constitution does not permit organized religion to cross the line but fully protects the atheist and believer's values equally to affect elections, legislation, and policy making in the public sphere.

Last edited:
"Not believing in these things does not prove they don't exist; unicorns, the spaghetti monster, Martians, Zeus, the Kraken...

Excellent: "not believing . . . does not prove they don't exist" is exactly correct.

And believing that things don't exist is not conclusive either.

Yes, evidence is necessary, and neither the empirical data nor the faith of the atheist prove that God does not exist.
That's why being agnostic is the only logical position to have.

View attachment 52843

I'm an atheist. I don't bloody care about presenting an argument. It's not my job to prove anything to you. It's your path to walk. I only care if religion crosses the line into the public sphere.
Good for you. I agree with you if you understand that the Constitution does not permit organized religion to cross the line but fully protects the atheist and believer's values equally to affect elections, legislation, and policy making in the public sphere.
:eek: You mean people make decisions based on whatever knowledge and experience they have at a given time?

Say it ain't so.

View attachment 52843
Read some of Lewis' stuff. Enjoyed it at the time. But as life moved on I became less, and less moved by the emotional appeals of christian apologists like Lewis. He drapes his arguments in reason and logic (or attempts to) but when one looks closely at his conversion it is unequivocally more one of emotion and a search for comforting myths, than it is one of reason and logic

You're pathetically wrong here. You like the OP have set up a caricature of the religious.

cs Lewis sought out comforting myths more than he did a daddy figure

Forum List

Back