"I can't trust the aguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist"

"Not believing in these things does not prove they don't exist; unicorns, the spaghetti monster, Martians, Zeus, the Kraken...

Excellent: "not believing . . . does not prove they don't exist" is exactly correct.

And believing that things don't exist is not conclusive either.

Yes, evidence is necessary, and neither the empirical data nor the faith of the atheist prove that God does not exist.
That's why being agnostic is the only logical position to have.
logic fail
Can you prove that God exists? Or that God doesn't exist? No, so stfu.
Jesus loves you how do you know? Because the bible tells you so?

How did you swallow that story? Explain it to me like it was first explained to you. And remember I'm not a child. I won't believe things that are unbelievable without proof.

And you have to defend everything in the old testament too because if that's man made, its the foundation of your story.

Those free from faith are just that: free from faith; they don't seek to 'disprove' anything, or 'do away' with religion – the notion in nonsense.

And being free from faith is not a 'belief system' or 'religion,' that's a ridiculous lie contrived by theists.

This is one of the dodges they have learned to use the last 15 years or so, calling the absence of religion a 'religion'. Because they can't defend their own beliefs.
Whether you care to admit it or not, it IS a belief system.
You live your life according to the BELIEF that there is no one to answer to
I don't believe there is a lord you have to answer to. At least not one that started any organized religion by visiting the founder.

I have a conscience. I wouldn't want to embarrass or hurt anyone even without believing in gods.

And since no one knows, maybe I'm good just in case there is. I just don't buy any organized religions story God spoke to them.

Long before religions people believed in gods. My belief is that humans are very superstitious curious scared gullible imaginative animals that don't like not having all the answers. We hope there is more after we die.

You are a wishful thinker. Different than a real thinker.

Those free from faith are just that: free from faith; they don't seek to 'disprove' anything, or 'do away' with religion – the notion in nonsense.

And being free from faith is not a 'belief system' or 'religion,' that's a ridiculous lie contrived by theists.

This is one of the dodges they have learned to use the last 15 years or so, calling the absence of religion a 'religion'. Because they can't defend their own beliefs.
I don't believe there is a lord you have to answer to. At least not one that started any organized religion by visiting the founder.

I have a conscience. I wouldn't want to embarrass or hurt anyone even without believing in gods.

And since no one knows, maybe I'm good just in case there is. I just don't buy any organized religions story God spoke to them.

Long before religions people believed in gods. My belief is that humans are very superstitious curious scared gullible imaginative animals that don't like not having all the answers. We hope there is more after we die.

You are a wishful thinker. Different than a real thinker.
you found a brain? :clap2: very impressive. Dante looks forward to observing the progress you will surely be making

bravo :clap2:

sealy, too funny :lol:
Your position on the God hypothesis is?

Notice I didn't say theory? Do you realize God doesn't even qualify as a common theory let alone a scientific theory? That would require evidence. Certainly not a fact.

"Not believing in these things does not prove they don't exist; unicorns, the spaghetti monster, Martians, Zeus, the Kraken...

Excellent: "not believing . . . does not prove they don't exist" is exactly correct.

Yes, evidence is necessary, and neither the empirical data nor the faith of the atheist prove that God does not exist.

Most people don't even know what it means. Do you?

As long as you aren't dumb enough to be a Christian Jew or Muslim.

No one knows if there is or isn't a God. Everyone is unsure. Even the most faithful are doing nothing more than wishful thinking.

No, please do tell. :popcorn:

Horty? Does "no one to answer to" bother you? If so, why?

It doesn't affect me but it does bother me, if only for your own sake
:cool:

Why?

I don't think C.S. Lewis is making valid arguments.

For instance, he assumes that atoms can randomly arrange themselves into stable molecule constructs. That is false.

To justify that argument, he counter-assumed that there is no way for matter to arrange itself without an intelligent being assigning a rule to their action. That is a hypothesis he needs to prove but does not.

Hence the rest, like spilling a jug of milk to get the map of London(why not Amsterdam? or Paris? Even if he said of a city it would not make sense) is all assumption based on an unproven hypothesis.

I guess the whole proof of God is dependent on how patterns comes about in reality.

Last edited:

You can't get anywhere with people who's mind is a roller coaster that always comes back to the starting point and is terrified of leaving the tracks. Your is a world of a circular loop and new thoughts are rejected as dangerous. I leave you to your ever repeating ride.
Says you, the crazed circular loopist. You cannot prove that deity does not exist. That's your worm in the apple, not mine.

Don't mind at all the rational atheists, they respect constitutional protections.

The anti-Godists and the crazed theists, Jeremiah comes to mind, are a buncha fruit loops.

Values, secular and religious, are protected civil liberties when it comes to political promotion, elections, and public policy making.

sealy, too funny :lol:
Your position on the God hypothesis is?
A waste of time. Life is short

start trying to live one
I have 20 friends we play poker almost every Friday. I live on a lake, have a family condo on lake Huron and property up north near lake Michigan. A great family job and girlfriend. I feel blessed and aren't waiting for an afterlife where lions sleep with lambs.

If your life sucks better do something to change that and if things get tough, just be grateful you weren't born a cow in a slaughter house. No heaven waiting for the cow or you.

No, please do tell. :popcorn:

I appreciate, and respect, your candor. Admitting ignorance is the best way to learn.

Agnosticism is a perspective on the knowability of the existence of deities. It's completely disconnected from belief. You can be an agnostic who believes in a god (theist agnostic), or a gnostic who believes in a god (theist gnostic). Or either of those who lacks such a belief (atheist agnostic or atheist gnostic). The agnostic vs gnostic distinction only distinguishes your view on whether belief in god is the same as knowledge of the existence of gods.

Last edited:

Why?
Because i care about your immortal soul

I worry about what people think of me. I wouldn't want to be ostracized by my community. Embarrass my family or disappoint them. I have two nephews I want to be a good role model.

Then there's my conscience.

Then the law.

Religion is a way to police when no one is around. Don't sleep with your neighbors wife. Don't steal, even if you won't get caught. Gods watching. Oh brother.

One thing I think about is if I had something terminal, what's to stop me from taking some people out with me? I'm certainly not afraid of hell. But even still I would never do such a thing. I must have empathy and compassion. Imagine that. Even without God.

Forum List

Back