I don't really understand the Dems' "need," for lack of a better word, for a national $15 min wage.

You say it's worse, I say it isn't,
I explained what would happen and why... You say that wouldn't be worse. We disagree. Again... if you give me an "oh shit moment" I didn't think of that. I'll thank you.

Minimum wages have been raised ever since there has been one. You are arguing that the working poor should fall further and further behind.

If companies still want to offshore and we want to do nothing about that, I'll be voting for those who promise a guaranteed income.

(Bloomberg) -- The U.S. central bank should not prematurely withdraw pandemic support for the U.S. economy just because some people are getting rich in the stock market, said San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President Mary Daly.

“We’re building this bridge, which is barely having many communities hang on, and the stock market is running pretty good and many people who already have money are getting more money,” she said Friday during a virtual discussion hosted by the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Fed’s Daly Pushes Back Against Pulling Policy Aid to Curb Stocks

But the working poor shouldn't get anything. Screw that.

Minimum wages have been raised ever since there has been one. You are arguing that the working poor should fall further and further behind.

No that is a stupid claim. Absolutely stupid.

What makes the working poor fall further behind, is you jacking up the cost of labor, so they end up unemployed, and can't find a job.

You are the one who wants the working poor to be out of work, and fall further behind.

Every single time they raise the minimum wage, people lose their jobs. No exception.

As long as people like you, do not force people out of jobs with your idiotic policies, people can advance up the income ladder.

No one anywhere wants people to stay poor.

The difference is, we believe the solution to being poor, and people moving themselves up the income ladder.

You believe that people are incapable of doing that, because you are smug arrogant jerks... so you think you need government to fix the lives of other people.

But that never works. What works, is people working their way up. Not sitting around waiting for your fake savior government, to somehow make a law saying your life is better.

Did that work for Greece? They had a minimum wage indexed to inflation. Unemployment got so bad, that they CUT the minimum wage, and what a shock.... unemployed fell, as employers were able to higher people. Crazy how that works.

Almost like we on the right wing have predicted that for almost a hundred years.

Circles. We have already covered this. When they are out of jobs you will pay them a living wage for not working.

First, we would have to tax people massive high taxes, in order to do that. So you are going to make everyone poor, so that people can sit at home not working?

Second, every bit of research we have on this, suggest the worst thing you can do to someone, is have them home not working. Your way of moving up the income ladder is by working.

This is what they found out back in 2009 - 2011. People who sat on unemployment for that 99-weeks if you remember.... those people when they finally got a job, would find they had to start over at a much lower wage, because employers would see.... hey this guy hasn't worked in 3 years, and then they would offer them a much lower wage, than what they had before.

Not working... is the absolute worst thing you can do to someone. There is no better way to keep someone poor, than have them sit at home collecting government assistance.

Company's move from country to country looking for those who will work for less money. That is how you build more profit, Most stuff is now made or grown in other country's. The American wage problem, IS an increase the only or best solution? why haven't we increased it a little every few years so business had time to adjust? or would it have mattered? where did this idea that those who start working for mim wage & get pay increases based on time with the company & doing good work that those jobs are s- - t & people doing them are stupid or some other negative you choice to label them. fact is not every one cares about getting rich, many people just want to do a days work go home & leave the job behind. And you used to be able to house & feed on those wages, what happened? I have way more questions than answers.

That's partially true. So I worked at a company that outsourced to China. I was there, talking with the executives, when this issue came up.

The reason they outsourced to China was not as simple as "We make X profit here, and we'll make more profit there".

It was not a decision between we'll only make $50 Billion here, and if we outsource to there, we'll make $100 Billion.

Instead it was choice of "We'll make no profit if we make it here. We'll make a profit, if we make it there.".

The bottom line was, we could not produce the product in the US, and make any profit. It was either outsource and make profits from the outsourcing... or.... not make the product at all.

B.S.

I went shoe shopping with the wife. I'm checking out the tennis shoes. All made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China. Priced from $50-$90. There is NO WAY we couldn't manufacture shoes here paying people $15 an hour and do it profitably at those prices.

Then do it. Prove your words with actions.

Because other people have tried that, and they went bankrupt. So instead of barking about it... how about you back your words with actions, and start your own shoe company. Let's see you do it. If you can, then I will admit I'm wrong.

But just using the facts we have right now.... American Apparel went bankrupt following what you claim can be done.

I explained what would happen and why... You say that wouldn't be worse. We disagree. Again... if you give me an "oh shit moment" I didn't think of that. I'll thank you.

If companies still want to offshore and we want to do nothing about that, I'll be voting for those who promise a guaranteed income.

(Bloomberg) -- The U.S. central bank should not prematurely withdraw pandemic support for the U.S. economy just because some people are getting rich in the stock market, said San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President Mary Daly.

“We’re building this bridge, which is barely having many communities hang on, and the stock market is running pretty good and many people who already have money are getting more money,” she said Friday during a virtual discussion hosted by the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

What makes the working poor fall further behind, is you jacking up the cost of labor, so they end up unemployed, and can't find a job.

You are the one who wants the working poor to be out of work, and fall further behind.

Every single time they raise the minimum wage, people lose their jobs. No exception.

As long as people like you, do not force people out of jobs with your idiotic policies, people can advance up the income ladder.

The difference is, we believe the solution to being poor, and people moving themselves up the income ladder.

You believe that people are incapable of doing that, because you are smug arrogant jerks... so you think you need government to fix the lives of other people.

But that never works. What works, is people working their way up. Not sitting around waiting for your fake savior government, to somehow make a law saying your life is better.

Did that work for Greece? They had a minimum wage indexed to inflation. Unemployment got so bad, that they CUT the minimum wage, and what a shock.... unemployed fell, as employers were able to higher people. Crazy how that works.

Almost like we on the right wing have predicted that for almost a hundred years.

Circles. We have already covered this. When they are out of jobs you will pay them a living wage for not working.

First, we would have to tax people massive high taxes, in order to do that. So you are going to make everyone poor, so that people can sit at home not working?

This gets old........it's not about me. I'm simply stating what is going to happen.

Yes, I want to see it all fall apart. I'll note again, you know the problem and admit we will never address it.
I don't admit we will never address it. I will work toward the same goals I always have. This administration will not address it. I doubt the next one will. But I will vote, and post in places such as this, to address it. We can try to do that together, or not. As you will.

This gets old........it's not about me. I'm simply stating what is going to happen.

That would be a disaster.

Company's move from country to country looking for those who will work for less money. That is how you build more profit, Most stuff is now made or grown in other country's. The American wage problem, IS an increase the only or best solution? why haven't we increased it a little every few years so business had time to adjust? or would it have mattered? where did this idea that those who start working for mim wage & get pay increases based on time with the company & doing good work that those jobs are s- - t & people doing them are stupid or some other negative you choice to label them. fact is not every one cares about getting rich, many people just want to do a days work go home & leave the job behind. And you used to be able to house & feed on those wages, what happened? I have way more questions than answers.

That's partially true. So I worked at a company that outsourced to China. I was there, talking with the executives, when this issue came up.

The reason they outsourced to China was not as simple as "We make X profit here, and we'll make more profit there".

It was not a decision between we'll only make $50 Billion here, and if we outsource to there, we'll make $100 Billion.

Instead it was choice of "We'll make no profit if we make it here. We'll make a profit, if we make it there.".

The bottom line was, we could not produce the product in the US, and make any profit. It was either outsource and make profits from the outsourcing... or.... not make the product at all.

B.S.

I went shoe shopping with the wife. I'm checking out the tennis shoes. All made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China. Priced from $50-$90. There is NO WAY we couldn't manufacture shoes here paying people $15 an hour and do it profitably at those prices.

Because other people have tried that, and they went bankrupt. So instead of barking about it... how about you back your words with actions, and start your own shoe company. Let's see you do it. If you can, then I will admit I'm wrong.

But just using the facts we have right now.... American Apparel went bankrupt following what you claim can be done.

Ethically Made - Sweatshop Free | American Apparel

It's inevitable. There will be no other choice. You either pay people to survive or they steal from you to survive.

I went shoe shopping with the wife. I'm checking out the tennis shoes. All made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China. Priced from $50-$90. There is NO WAY we couldn't manufacture shoes here paying people $15 an hour and not do it profitably at those prices.
But they wont' do it. Why would they? They can get people in Vietnam, Indonesia and China to do it for cheaper.

I went shoe shopping with the wife. I'm checking out the tennis shoes. All made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China. Priced from $50-$90. There is NO WAY we couldn't manufacture shoes here paying people $15 an hour and not do it profitably at those prices.
But they wont' do it. Why would they? They can get people in Vietnam, Indonesia and China to do it for cheaper.

That's fine. When all the production leaves and people far exceed jobs, as I said, we will pay people to not work.

Yes it is, if you over double the minimum wage, everything in price goes up. But liberals are too stupid to realize it.

In my opinion, Democrats know that doubling the minimum wage will accomplish nothing in the long run but it WILL buy them the votes of those ignorant enough to believe their lies.

Barkley%20Voting-S.jpg

B.S.

Yes. It's a lie. Their clothing is made in Honduras.

Go look it up. They went bankrupt, and the people who bought them out, closed all the factories. Nothing of theirs is made in the USA.

It's inevitable. There will be no other choice. You either pay people to survive or they steal from you to survive.

No... that's not true. In the 1990s, when they passed welfare reform under the GOP contract with America, they kicked millions of people off welfare and food stamps, dropping rolls by less than half.

They didn't go out and start stealing. They got jobs, and earned their keep.

B.S.

Go look it up. They went bankrupt, and the people who bought them out, closed all the factories. Nothing of theirs is made in the USA.

The "greatest" country in the world can't profitably make a $90 shoe? Is that really your argument?

No... that's not true. In the 1990s, when they passed welfare reform under the GOP contract with America, they kicked millions of people off welfare and food stamps, dropping rolls by less than half.

They didn't go out and start stealing. They got jobs, and earned their keep.

Ahem......the jobs are leaving.

That's fine. When all the production leaves and people far exceed jobs, as I said, we will pay people to not work.

Impossible. Where will they get money to pay people to not work, especially if all the people who pay taxes (such as those who run companies that manufacture) all leave the country?

Besides, that isn't even true. Manufacturing in the US today is larger than in the past 50 years.

Manufacturing is not all leaving.

Impossible. Where will they get money to pay people to not work, especially if all the people who pay taxes (such as those who run companies that manufacture) all leave the country?

Besides, that isn't even true. Manufacturing in the US today is larger than in the past 50 years.

There wasn't a single show made in the USA. Are you really arguing that the greatest country in the world can't profitably make a $90 shoe?

It's not my argument that the jobs are going to leave when we raise the minimum wage and we are going to do that.

You don't think we won't protect ourselves with Tariffs before that happens? Which... We could do RIGHT NOW to help the dollar stay strong and give the people more buying power... Why do you choose the worst option to do?

B.S.

The "greatest" country in the world can't profitably make a $90 shoe? Is that really your argument?

So that's wrong. Anyone can make a $90 shoe. But your $90 shoe will be crap compared to the $90 shoes from Honduras, which is why few will buy it, and you'll be out of business like American Apparel. Which they by the way. The company sold off, and they are actually owned by Canadians, and have their factories in Honduras.

So the label still exists, but the company that created American Apparel does not.

I've seen boots and shoes made in the US, that were $200 each. I'm not paying $200 for some boots, when I can buy just as good boots for $50.

Please show us specifically what would happen to our economy with a Federal increase in the minimum wage to $15.00 per hour. How would that change affect the citizens of New York City which has a cost of living index of 100 and that of Jacksonville, FL which has a cost of living index of 74.57, and Cinncinatti, OH which has an index of 61.64.

If you cannot or will not show your work, your reliable source, and working link, we will know that you have not a clue and are simply parroting what your far-left liberal sources tell you to say.

You have no clue.

I don't have to show you squat. It has NOTHING to do with my position.

No, you certainly do not. Obviously, you are proud of your ignorance and wish to continue to put forth that portrait of yourself and that is your right!

Thank you for confirming that you have no clue as to the workings of our economy.

There wasn't a single show made in the USA. Are you really arguing that the greatest country in the world can't profitably make a $90 shoe?

It's not my argument that the jobs are going to leave when we raise the minimum wage and we are going to do that.

So perhaps I am misunderstanding your position, and that could very well be, and I apologize if that's the case.

However, what you appear to be saying, seems to be extremely contradictory.

You seem to be saying that raising the minimum wage would not cause jobs to leave the US.

Yet, I think it's a given that manufacturing has left the US.... correct? And I think we all agree one reason is because labor costs are cheaper elsewhere..... correct?

So how can you say that jacking up the cost of labor, will not result in job loss to other countries?

How can you admit it is cheaper to produce things outside the country, and this is why manufacturing has moved out of the country, and at the same time, claim that increasing the minimum wage won't cause job loss?

Forum List

Back