I don't understand the ACA

Because for many of us who had our prior health plans cancelled last year, it's cheaper to pay the penalty for not enrolling than dishing out $10,000 yearly for obamacare. Most of us usually see a doctor for checkups once yearly, so it's easier to just pay out of pocket.

Once they repeal obamacare, then will be the time to re-enroll in the old plan.
Wrong. The mechanisms of the old system have been trashed by ACA. Insurance companies that have participated in the exchanges are likely to experience severe blowback and possible bankruptcy as ACA unravels.

Also it is more effective to certify states as being compliant and let the mostly blue state exchange states bleed talent and money. By destroying the geographical base of the Ds or at least most of it the TEA party can split from the establishment GOP without turning the country over to the lunatic rank and file of the Ds. There is nothing more effective than a really graphic example of what does not work. So, no repeal is in the cards.
I still plan to wait it out.
Sounds good to me.

If the ACA is law, and everyone's supposed to be enrolled in it, why accoridng to CNN last night is just 3.3M Americans so far enrolled? That's a smigden over 1%. That doesn't seem like very many.

in case you forgot here's is part of the reason .. mainly the main reason is the states that are run by republicans governors, the health care plan said they can get their money from the feds or go through and exchange and not allow them to use medicaid ... this in my opinion was a mistake in the plan for enrollment... they should have made it mandatory for all states to have the exchange and medicaid ... if they had done it that way there would have been double of the numbers signing up... I predict the states that lose their republican governor or who are force by the people of that state to be put on a ballot vote on for the medicaid and exchange programs they will fill out the rest the amount that aren't on a plan yet... for right now the poor won't get medicaid in republican run states ... that will change in time

The States are Sovereign in a Federated Republic.

The Feds cannot force a State to do anything it does not want to do unless that Power was given to The Federal Government by Article 1, section 8 or elsewhere in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back