I get tired when I run...

Not enough info on the statement of "I get tired when I run" to give any opinion. For someone first starting out, yes, you'll be "tired" during and after running. For someone that's been running regularly and changed/increased their routine, it'd be normal to be more tired after as well. If something that popped up with no change in their routine, take it as a warning.

Something I'm dealing with the past 2 weeks is extreme muscle fatigue from my weight lifting routine from the past 2+ years. I was going to the gym at 4am 6 days a week, lifting for 1 1/2 hours each day, then hitting the treadmill for 30 minutes after each workout. Two weeks ago, on a Thursday, I got up, started getting ready for the gym and felt every bit of energy drain. Putting a shirt on, my arms were "done" for the day, same thing for my legs after putting on a pair of jeans. I talked with a trainer I know and a couple of people that train as much and as hard as I do, and my doctor. Blood work is good, no other symptoms, so it's just something I have to "wait out" and let my body "rest" for a while. I've got about half the energy back that I had before that Thursday morning, so tomorrow I'm hitting the gym to see what happens. I was told to not be surprised if it takes 3 - 5 months to get back to where I was.

Have you changed your diet?

Not enough info on the statement of "I get tired when I run" to give any opinion. For someone first starting out, yes, you'll be "tired" during and after running. For someone that's been running regularly and changed/increased their routine, it'd be normal to be more tired after as well. If something that popped up with no change in their routine, take it as a warning.

Something I'm dealing with the past 2 weeks is extreme muscle fatigue from my weight lifting routine from the past 2+ years. I was going to the gym at 4am 6 days a week, lifting for 1 1/2 hours each day, then hitting the treadmill for 30 minutes after each workout. Two weeks ago, on a Thursday, I got up, started getting ready for the gym and felt every bit of energy drain. Putting a shirt on, my arms were "done" for the day, same thing for my legs after putting on a pair of jeans. I talked with a trainer I know and a couple of people that train as much and as hard as I do, and my doctor. Blood work is good, no other symptoms, so it's just something I have to "wait out" and let my body "rest" for a while. I've got about half the energy back that I had before that Thursday morning, so tomorrow I'm hitting the gym to see what happens. I was told to not be surprised if it takes 3 - 5 months to get back to where I was.
"extreme muscle fatigue" "Blood work is good, no other symptoms..." Hmm...

Have you changed your diet?
Not when that happened. I'd always have a pre-workout shake, post-workout shake, usually a protein bar at lunch, then high protein meal for supper.

Forum List

Back