Zone1 your subjective truth is not necessarily Truth, period

I've learned from interacting with protestants for some 20+ years that they do not listen to anything a Catholic says.. unless MAYBe they would listen to a priest or bishop but not some everyday (supposedly) Catholic on the internet.
Perhaps there is a different perspective from "anti-Catholic" malice. One of the first things I notice about non-Catholic Christians is what I call minimalism. They bypass the Sacraments, participation in God's work (i.e., the Mass), Apostolic traditions, etc. Compared to friars, priests, and nuns, I am a minimalist myself. However...just because we don't all have the same focus, are we any less members of the Body of Christ, of God's family. Perhaps God is simply calling us to serve in different ways.

Perhaps there is a different perspective from "anti-Catholic" malice. One of the first things I notice about non-Catholic Christians is what I call minimalism. They bypass the Sacraments, participation in God's work (i.e., the Mass), Apostolic traditions, etc. Compared to friars, priests, and nuns, I am a minimalist myself. However...just because we don't all have the same focus, are we any less members of the Body of Christ, of God's family. Perhaps God is simply calling us to serve in different ways.
I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean, so I can't comment at this time. I get the part about minimalism. That describes Protestant theology fairly well, no matter which branch thereof. But I don't get the rest of it

I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean, so I can't comment at this time. I get the part about minimalism. That describes Protestant theology fairly well, no matter which branch thereof. But I don't get the rest of it
Some don't have the time, energy, or enough desire to be strong participants in God's plan of salvation. Catholicism is about participating in God's plans, God's work. Easier just to believe that Jesus did it all in a single moment of time and all that is needed is to believe and, upon death, one enters heaven.

Forum List

Back