I Hate Drama...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
So, last Wednesday we held a celebration for life/birthday celebration for a dear friend who passed away last October at the age of 49.

Her boyfriend and her best friend planned a get-together at Caroline's favorite watering hole. They created an event on Facebook and sent out invites. Some of Penny's other friends did the planning for the event.

Well, two of Caroline's female friends (one of which is my brother's ex-girlfriend and who needs to die in a fiery crash) felt slighted that they weren't including in the planning of the event, so they went ahead and created another event, at a different location, and sent out invites. They also started contacting people, telling them they shouldn't go to the originally scheduled one because, in their opinion, Penny "deserved" better than the venue where it was being held, and that Penny didn't really like the bar. We got a good kick out of that one.

Anyway, the two women didn't do their due diligence and failed to find out that the bar they were going to hold their event at would be closed due to some Hollywood filming that was going on in that part of town. So, at the last minute (the day before) they moved it to another bar/restaurant, where none of us ever really go. Their event was to go from 5pm to 7pm. Well, they didn't even bother showing up until 5:45pm, and Penny's sister and Mom didn't show until 6:45pm.

About 100 people showed up to the originally planned event.

The two "others" came to our event, long enough to berate everyone who either planned or paid for anything for the get together. My great sin was putting $500 on the bar to open it up. They unloaded on me for that. Now they're sending flurries of text messages saying how they will "never forgive" those who planned it for excluding them from assisting in that endeavor.

Thankfully, Caroline's memory was unsullied by the bad blood and, despite the two who were more interested in making the event about them as opposed to about Caroline, we had a good time.

But, for the life of me, I can't understand why people have to be like that...

I don't really understand how, but, whatever...
I never really understood the whole notion behind the "celebration of life" thing, much less eleven months after the fact.....Seems sort of a morbid excuse for a party.

I remember when we had our yearly hunt club wild game suppers and we would raise a glass to a departed member before we ate and then move-on with the good eats. ;)

I never really understood the whole notion behind the "celebration of life" thing, much less eleven months after the fact.....Seems sort of a morbid excuse for a party.

I could've provided more information. This past Wednesday would've been Penny's 50th birthday. It seemed appropriate to us...

I remember when we had our yearly hunt club wild game suppers and we would raise a glass to a departed member before we ate and then move-on with the good eats. ;)

And that's what we're planning to do on the anniversary of her passing.

The "other ones" are actually wanting to plan a party for that day and, yeah, that seems kinda' morbid to us...

Forum List

Back