I have Jury Duty tomorrow...

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
I'm kind of looking forward to it, and see it as doing part of my Civic Duty.

It's my first time.

Anyone have any good Jury Duty stories?

No I sure don't. I got served but I had moved out of state, the notice gave me one day to travel to New Mexico to Montana. I had to call the Judge to explain to her that I moved out of state because of Military.

You sitting on a civil case or criminal?

No I sure don't. I got served but I had moved out of state, the notice gave me one day to travel to New Mexico to Montana. I had to call the Judge to explain to her that I moved out of state because of Military.

You sitting on a civil case or criminal?
I'll find out tomorrow.

I've been called three times but never picked. Must be something I said "cops are never wrong" lol

Whoa. One day notice. Did you get a questionnaire in advance?

I've been called three times but never picked. Must be something I said "cops are never wrong" lol
LOL that would be the reason why. I was surprised I got served because on my questionnaire I put down I had family that were cops.

Yes I got that well in advance. And the move was an unexpected move. I had gone down to the court house and filed a letter stating I was moving and wouldn't be able to serve. Low and Behold I'm served while in New Mexico, it said if I didn't appear (which was the next day) trouble would be knocking at my door.:lol:

Do what Tina Fey did in "30 Rock" and wear your Princess Lea costume.................

I wanted to sit on that case because it was a Murder case, but I couldn't afford airfare, hotel for that trial.

I heard that was one easy way to get out of it. lol.

This is going to hurt my income, as I run my own business, and taking time off to get paid a whole 10.00 a day is gonna cut - but I truly am looking forward to it.

I guess I should say I'm going in for jury selection. Voir dire questions. Already filled out this wicked long questionnaire.

Still, I HAVE to show up tomorrow...so it's a duty.

Paper, I recommend you do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sOeY6ZVG2U]YouTube - [Great Movie Scenes] ...And Justice For All - Ending Scene[/ame]

(Long but worth watching clip.) Starts up around 2 minutes in really.

Last edited:

Yes I got that well in advance. And the move was an unexpected move. I had gone down to the court house and filed a letter stating I was moving and wouldn't be able to serve. Low and Behold I'm served while in New Mexico, it said if I didn't appear (which was the next day) trouble would be knocking at my door.:lol:
Yikes.

I hear they are pretty serious about filling up those benches these days.

This is going to hurt my income, as I run my own business, and taking time off to get paid a whole 10.00 a day is gonna cut - but I truly am looking forward to it.

I guess I should say I'm going in for jury selection. Voir dire questions. Already filled out this wicked long questionnaire.

I was told when I first got the questionnaire that it would be for criminal court.

I was told when I first got the questionnaire that it would be for criminal court.
Well, it's for the County Supreme Court, that's all I know. They didn't say what case...and as I understand it, if they pick me, I have to make myself available for whatever they call me for for the next 8 weeks. Sounds like could be one, could be many.

Forum List

Back