I have no words for this AZ SC ruling

Thanks for the weather report..

Now you can put your head back.
He already did. Laughing at your retarded ass
tenor.gif

Ok, I do have words. And im sure many of you know what they are..

On April 7, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can refuse to report child sex abuse if the abuser confesses to the crime in a confessional setting.

This is one big load of BS. This is nothing more than special rights for the religious. AZ law requires you to report child abuse. Unless you tell a man in a robe in a church. SMH
A Catholic Priest doesn't have to report crimes if done in a confessional setting either...in fact he the communication would be privleged and the priest couldn't even testify if the person ever got charged.

I found the Arizona mandatory reporter law: 13-3620 - Duty to report abuse, physical injury, neglect and denial or deprivation of medical or surgical care or nourishment of minors; medical records; exception; violation; classification; definitions

It needs to be fucking changed. Immediately.

A member of the clergy, a Christian Science practitioner or a priest who has received a confidential communication or a confession in that person's role as a member of the clergy, as a Christian Science practitioner or as a priest in the course of the discipline enjoined by the church to which the member of the clergy, the Christian Science practitioner or the priest belongs may withhold reporting of the communication or confession if the member of the clergy, the Christian Science practitioner or the priest determines that it is reasonable and necessary within the concepts of the religion. This exemption applies only to the communication or confession and not to personal observations the member of the clergy, the Christian Science practitioner or the priest may otherwise make of the minor.
why does it need to be changed?

I think I've pretty much established my utter contempt for the LDS cult.
It's good to form strong biases against entire classes of people. But, don't forget, you have to get permission from the state before you can discriminate against them.

Its a religious exemption from state law. Its bullshit.
Yep. Freedom of religion, as expressed by the First Amendment, has been turned inside out. Rather than an affirmation of fundamental freedom of conscience that protects us from government interference, it's now seen as a special perk for religious folks that, ironically, demands government interference.

Such is identity politics.

Forum List

Back