I hope you liked that gas under $2.50

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
You won't see that again for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Gas prices in my area jumped 22 cents in the past twenty four hours. At that rate, they'll be nearing $5 a gallon by next week.

Anybody scared yet?

Thanks Obama...I knew you could do it.

wHY are they going up like crazy....what in the world even makes the future speculators even think our economy will be in the early to mid bush hayday era? we won't come close to that kind of usage or demand in quite some time, you would think tex, no?

why the heck are prices going up so rapidly? are we not laying off people because there is less work, less manufacturing, less money, less everything world wide?

gas prices last june of $4 bucks a gallon is the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to our economy, outside of housing, imo! Damnit! :(

care

is the dollar dropping in value, or this is the speculation of the dollar dropping in value? is oil stilling using the dollar as trade unit or did the saudi's move to the euro last year?

This is a combination of production cuts, the Dollar dropping in value, and speculators in the futures market driving the price up.

Think about it...

Where's the demand for fuel right now? We're near 10% unemployment, we've lost millions of jobs in the worst economic downturn since the great depression, the rest of the world is feeling the same kind of crunch, but oil prices are going up?

The OP obviously hasn't done much homework. The summer driving season is kicking in, and speculators are playing the oil game to make a couple bucks.

We'll see it back around $50 or lower by the end of the summer. Eventually though, we will be seeing significantly higher prices. The Dollar is set to take quite a beating in the coming years.

wHY are they going up like crazy....what in the world even makes the future speculators even think our economy will be in the early to mid bush hayday era? we won't come close to that kind of usage or demand in quite some time, you would think tex, no?

why the heck are prices going up so rapidly? are we not laying off people because there is less work, less manufacturing, less money, less everything world wide?

gas prices last june of $4 bucks a gallon is the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to our economy, outside of housing, imo! Damnit! :(

care

Yeah those gas prices did hit people real hard, and were a factor in lots of people going under. Just another nail in the coffin. But wait, now we have obama's MASSIVE spending to deal with this time around, and millions more out of work. So however bad it was last time, it's going to be WORSE this time. The dems have screwed things up royal in the last 100 days, and are still trying to spend MORE MONEY THAT WE DON'T HAVE! It's just INCREDIBLE... it's a train wreck, and nobody seems to have a set of balls big enough to stop it.

Last edited:
You knew he could replicate Bush's gas price increase?
Yes, but add that extra bonus of millions more out of work and the dollar plummeting in value.

You're right.

I forgot that the dollar was at an all-time high and unemployment was under 1% when Bush was wrapping up.

There was nothing about my prior post that was false, yet you felt the need to reply to sanity with a joke.

Last edited:
Yes, but add that extra bonus of millions more out of work and the dollar plummeting in value.

You're right.

I forgot that the dollar was at an all-time high and unemployment was under 1% when Bush was wrapping up.

There was nothing about my prior post that was false, yet you felt the need to reply to sanity with a joke.

It wasn't a joke. It was sarcasm meant to highlight your redirection.

You're right.

TOXI has got a really bad memory...when Bush left office, gas was near or below 1.50 in most parts of the country. AND...we weren't driving the dollar below recoverable values. China didn't own us until well after the Obama transition team had moved into Whitehouse. The fuel price increase didn't come until after the first 100 days. And it didn't start going up until BO knew he had the bulk of the auto industry in his control. Gas prices are going back up because they renigged on the domestic oil exploration and forced our oil companies to shut down hundreds of offshore rigs for an emissions overhaul. I have relatives who are out of work because of that very thing.

You're right.

Except last summer we were not in a recession and we were at or under 6 percent unemployment, you know that magic number that is considered FULL employment?

You're right.

TOXI has got a really bad memory...when Bush left office, gas was near or below 1.50 in most parts of the country. AND...we weren't driving the dollar below recoverable values. China didn't own us until well after the Obama transition team had moved into Whitehouse. The fuel price increase didn't come until after the first 100 days. And it didn't start going up until BO knew he had the bulk of the auto industry in his control. Gas prices are going back up because they renigged on the domestic oil exploration and forced our oil companies to shut down hundreds of offshore rigs for an emissions overhaul. I have relatives who are out of work because of that very thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCp6woQzU1g&feature=related]YouTube - Bush: $4 gas? "I hadn't heard that"[/ame]

And clearly you forget that the gas prices went over $4 per gallon while Bush was still president.

Are you implying that was Obama's fault back then as well?

You're right.

TOXI has got a really bad memory...when Bush left office, gas was near or below 1.50 in most parts of the country. AND...we weren't driving the dollar below recoverable values. China didn't own us until well after the Obama transition team had moved into Whitehouse. The fuel price increase didn't come until after the first 100 days. And it didn't start going up until BO knew he had the bulk of the auto industry in his control. Gas prices are going back up because they reneged on the domestic oil exploration and forced our oil companies to shut down hundreds of offshore rigs for an emissions overhaul. I have relatives who are out of work because of that very thing.

ftfy

Dude ... gas prices go up in the summer every year. Remember last year when they went up to $4.50?

If they stay under $3.20 this year I'm happy.

Call it what you want... I'm not easily redirected... OCD.

Okay...so back on track...

Tell me, PR, were you scared when Bush raised the gas prices to over $4?

How will you feel when it's over 5? 6? What if it goes higher? It's coming...just wait and see. Tens of thousands will be unable to buy heating oil this winter. Electricity costs will go up too. Crops will fail because tractors don't run on dirt. The price of groceries will soar out of control because of price of diesel will shrink our trucking industry...crippling our deliveries. If you can afford to buy food, there won't be nearly as much of it. Oh yeah...we had it bad when Bush was in office. Dream on....that was child's play compared to what the Big O has for ya.

TOXI has got a really bad memory...when Bush left office, gas was near or below 1.50 in most parts of the country. AND...we weren't driving the dollar below recoverable values. China didn't own us until well after the Obama transition team had moved into Whitehouse. The fuel price increase didn't come until after the first 100 days. And it didn't start going up until BO knew he had the bulk of the auto industry in his control. Gas prices are going back up because they reneged on the domestic oil exploration and forced our oil companies to shut down hundreds of offshore rigs for an emissions overhaul. I have relatives who are out of work because of that very thing.

ftfy

Dude ... gas prices go up in the summer every year. Remember last year when they went up to $4.50?

If they stay under $3.20 this year I'm happy.

Yeah..I remember...remember what the reason was for that increase? Prices go up because they SPECULATE the increase of travel or some other bullshit reason to raise prices. Did you ever notice that when a price increase came for holiday travel or some other short term increase in demand, the price NEVER went back down that much? The truth is that EVERY aspect of travel has DECREASED since last year. I will be REAL surprised if gas doesn't reach 4 dollars again before the end of August. And there will be no decline.

Call it what you want... I'm not easily redirected... OCD.

Okay...so back on track...

Tell me, PR, were you scared when Bush raised the gas prices to over $4?

How will you feel when it's over 5? 6? What if it goes higher? It's coming...just wait and see. Tens of thousands will be unable to buy heating oil this winter. Electricity costs will go up too. Crops will fail because tractors don't run on dirt. The price of groceries will soar out of control because of price of diesel will shrink our trucking industry...crippling our deliveries. If you can afford to buy food, there won't be nearly as much of it. Oh yeah...we had it bad when Bush was in office. Dream on....that was child's play compared to what the Big O has for ya.

You may be right.

And to get through it, some of us will choose to work together as a nation.

And others will just bitch and complain.

Forum List

Back