I just had a epiphany.....Investing in law firms

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The Jewish/Catholic HS "rumble" thread got me thinking.

Is there any reason that a law firm who's sitting on a potential fat payout after the litigation is over could not ask for investors to carry the litigation forward and a modest percentage over investment be paid out?

Yeah, it seems sorta unethical but hey, it's lawyers we are talking about here so don't get on your high-horse. ;)

Speaking locally,I've see quite a few local, high profile lawyers get their clients out of some serious shit recently and you then understand how these dudes make a lot of money. I'm talking aggravated DUI with fatalities, and no jail time.

Speaking locally,I've see quite a few local, high profile lawyers get their clients out of some serious shit recently and you then understand how these dudes make a lot of money. I'm talking aggravated DUI with fatalities, and no jail time.
Yeah, that happens everywhere but I'm talking about turning it into a investment revenue stream.

Yes but Hunter has the last name Biden

What about the rest of us?

It is unethical for a law firm to grant any sort of ownership interest (like stock ownership) to a non-lawyer. They are not permitted to do it.

The Jewish/Catholic HS "rumble" thread got me thinking.

Is there any reason that a law firm who's sitting on a potential fat payout after the litigation is over could not ask for investors to carry the litigation forward and a modest percentage over investment be paid out?

Yeah, it seems sorta unethical but hey, it's lawyers we are talking about here so don't get on your high-horse. ;)
I seem to get emails daily asking if I was ever at Camp LeJune. Any good litigation will be inundated with law firms so I've be real careful if I was you. Also, lawyers may soon be replaced by AI bots since they have the same ethics.

Law firms don't require a great deal of capital investment to pursue a case. Most of the "cost" is the hourly fees charged by the lawyers and staff themselves.

Very few law firms would consider becoming publicly traded firms and issuing equity shares. They are mostly limited partnerships.

All I can say is they are selling products that are on the must sue list by law firms. Too bad you can't invest in the crooked politicians who allow this to happen.

"Why are research laboratories using lawyers instead of rats?

Nobody cares what happens to a lawyer.

The lab assistants don't get attached to lawyers.

And finally, there are some things a rat won't do."

Forum List

Back