I know who to blame - Do you?

Funny, I have my own water well, as do all my neighbors, just have to pay the electricity to pump it.

Chances are that you do not actually own that well water. I get well water too, but it is not actually my well.

It most likely funnels into a larger public well beneath your community, which is maintained by corporations contracted by the government.

Do you not pay a water bill, because that would make you in the minority?

Bullshit, it's on my land, I paid to drill it, I laid the pipe to my house and I pay to maintain it. And what did you not understand when I said I only pay for the electricity to pump it.

That may not even be enough. My father has the same situation - a well on his land that he has drilled and established. There are plans currently in works to pass a law that requires all wells to have a meter installed so that the city can meter the water pulled through it and charge the owner a bill for that water.

As pointed out here they are using the claim that the natural water table is a public resource so they have the power to charge for its use. Garbage claim.

There is is a current law up here is Washington that has similar and even more insane 'logic' behind it - we are taxed for the amount of rainfall that lands on our property. Rain water that the state has made ILLEGAL to collect. I am taxed for a 'public resource' that I am legally barred from actually using.

Funny, I have my own water well, as do all my neighbors, just have to pay the electricity to pump it.

Chances are that you do not actually own that well water. I get well water too, but it is not actually my well.

It most likely funnels into a larger public well beneath your community, which is maintained by corporations contracted by the government.

Do you not pay a water bill, because that would make you in the minority?

Bullshit, it's on my land, I paid to drill it, I laid the pipe to my house and I pay to maintain it. And what did you not understand when I said I only pay for the electricity to pump it.

That may not even be enough. My father has the same situation - a well on his land that he has drilled and established. There are plans currently in works to pass a law that requires all wells to have a meter installed so that the city can meter the water pulled through it and charge the owner a bill for that water.

As pointed out here they are using the claim that the natural water table is a public resource so they have the power to charge for its use. Garbage claim.

There is is a current law up here is Washington that has similar and even more insane 'logic' behind it - we are taxed for the amount of rainfall that lands on our property. Rain water that the state has made ILLEGAL to collect. I am taxed for a 'public resource' that I am legally barred from actually using.

If you folks put up with that kind of crap, I guess you deserve it, people here would take the politicians out and beat some sense into them. BTW how do they tax you when they have no way to know how much rain falls on your property?

Are you daft? I own MY well. It is on MY property. It has MY pump attached to it so that water is delivered to MY house. The only corporation involved is the electric company that provides the power for the pump.

Settle down.

I never accused you of not owning a private well, so would you please shut up Ernie?
No sir! I won't "Shut up.", nor will I do anything you demand of me. I don't take orders from idiots.

Forum List

Back