I like DeSantis, and I don’t Like Disney. But, I have to say it . . .

Disney is the one fucking with their tourism. DeSantis isn’t doing anything to it. Less people are giving Disney money over stupid shit like Shehulk, black mermaids and shit than would ever possibly give two fucks if Disney runs their own defacto government or not.
It is entirely legal for a company to express opposition to a law that may impact their business. The decision to punish Disney for commenting is being made entirely on ideological grounds. Weak stuff in a court of law.

Government gotta get their cut, brah.

Name one town where that isn't so.
The reason there's no income tax, low sales tax, and low property taxes in Florida is Disney.
Delete Disney and the economy in Florida will tank, taxes will go way up, and people will look on the place like they did before air conditioning.

Blackmailers?
Disney spoke out in support of its employees and customers in opposition to Rhonda's "don't say gay"
Rhonda responded by using the power of government to punish Disney for exercising its 1st Amendment rights.
Unless Disney complies Rhonda is threatening to impose tolls on the Disney roads and other actions designed to punish Disney tourists.

Blackmail: the act of forcing a person to do or pay something especially by a threat to reveal a secret.

1. Within the definition I believe Rhonda is the blackmailer

and

2. What kind of crap is this coming from a "conservative" much less a Republican?

Does the GOP have any actual positions beyond "own the libs?"
The cat is out of the bag... there are groups that give scores to corporations on inclusion and other things and corporations are turning a blind eye to their customers to please these groups and the people are beginning to push back... all DeSantis is doing is capitalizing on that....

It is entirely legal for a company to express opposition to a law that may impact their business. The decision to punish Disney for commenting is being made entirely on ideological grounds. Weak stuff in a court of law.
Nobody said they can’t spout off. Go ahead. Reap the consequences. And we’ve already established the state can absolutely fuck with you over it forever even after losing in the Supreme Court. Look no further than Colorado and the baker.

Not to me ary a bit. It might would to some people. One has to be cognizant of that.

Disney could always move to Alabama. :abgg2q.jpg:
Seeing corporations close up isn't a big deal. Disney is a poor business model in all aspects.

The cat is out of the bag... there are groups that give scores to corporations on inclusion and other things and corporations are turning a blind eye to their customers to please these groups and the people are beginning to push back... all DeSantis is doing is capitalizing on that....
So blackmail is OK as long as the majority of Republicans are on board and both the GOP and "conservatives" approve of this abuse of government powers because of their homophobia.

OK then.

So blackmail is OK as long as the majority of Republicans are on board and both the GOP and "conservatives" approve of this abuse of government powers because of their homophobia.

OK then.
OK?... no..... necessary to fight back?... absolutely.....

Nobody said they can’t spout off. Go ahead. Reap the consequences. And we’ve already established the state can absolutely fuck with you over it forever even after losing in the Supreme Court. Look no further than Colorado and the baker.
This Disney feud is not going to be like anything you have ever seen. Disney may be the most ruthless corporation on earth. The facade of being the happiest place on earth with all the magic and wonder hides a corporate beast of biblical proportions. DeSantis thinking he can take them on and win is quixotic. He's dreaming.

Fucking with tourism is even less popular here than you might think but that's the least of his worries. He's decided to fight this personal grudge in court where he is at a distinct disadvantage for several reasons. It seems he is terrible at picking his battles. I cannot stress enough just how insanely formidable Disney is in a legal battle. DeSantis does not have a chance in hell.

I don't think it was all that personal. There was a lot of parents who reached out about all this woke, gay tranny crap. And Disney stuck their nose in the politics of it all. They should've just kept their mouths shut. The propaganda they were putting out, "Don't say gay" wasn't even true.

The reason there's no income tax, low sales tax, and low property taxes in Florida is Disney.
Delete Disney and the economy in Florida will tank, taxes will go way up, and people will look on the place like they did before air conditioning.
I sho' 'nuff wish they would! :D

Aye man, with the way the commie tards are headed, AC and heat will be verboten very soon!

It's in the pipeline! How can it not be? It makes CO2 man! :aargh:

This Disney feud is not going to be like anything you have ever seen. Disney may be the most ruthless corporation on earth. The facade of being the happiest place on earth with all the magic and wonder hides a corporate beast of biblical proportions. DeSantis thinking he can take them on and win is quixotic. He's dreaming.
You are the one dreaming, commie lemming.

I don't think it was all that personal. There was a lot of parents who reached out about all this woke, gay tranny crap. And Disney stuck their nose in the politics of it all. They should've just kept their mouths shut. The propaganda they were putting out, "Don't say gay" wasn't even true.
Every fascist in history has said their victims should have just kept their mouths shut, minded their own business, done what they were told etc. Disney was singled out as an example and it's not going so well.

Disney entered the political circus before DeSantis. Mickey World should thank the governor every day for it's preferred status that is almost like another country with it's own laws and enforcement within Florida. If Disney wants to stay in business it has to follow the law like every other business in Florida.

OK then.
Just don't shoot any innocent children, motherfucker.

Why don't they ever shoot at older Americans that have guns?

Is it the "gonna get shot back" part, er wut?

Forum List

Back