I like DeSantis, and I don’t Like Disney. But, I have to say it . . .

This Disney feud is not going to be like anything you have ever seen. Disney may be the most ruthless corporation on earth. The facade of being the happiest place on earth with all the magic and wonder hides a corporate beast of biblical proportions. DeSantis thinking he can take them on and win is quixotic. He's dreaming.
So why are you cheering to be ruled by them? That seems pretty stupid. Disney can’t hire enough lawyers to make laws. That’s what they are trying to do but they simply don’t have that power. File lawsuits and cry in the press but until they run and win seats in government they don’t get to make their own laws.

Don’t think we forgot your first round of arguments when this all started. Remember it was the state taking over that was going to cost them millions and Disney would be more than happy to hand that all over. Guess not.

OP is an establishment shill.
Ok, now that's one I haven't heard.
DeSantis did nothing wrong. Cry some moar, bitches!
I will cry no "moar" forever!
I don't completely disagree with you... You make good points... but people put their good money and their hard work into taking their kids to a Disney park... and Disney should respect them for it and not cater to some radical group of blackmailers....
They can do it but it should be at a cost....
Yes, but that cost should be exacted by customers who don't bring their children to the groomers, not government exacting a cost for Disney corporation exercising political speech.

Yes, but that cost should be exacted by customers who don't bring their children to the groomers, not government exacting a cost for Disney corporation exercising political speech.
I don't disagree....

That's what Disney is doing.
It's what good Republicans and actual Conservatives should be doing.
Disney ain't got no business in State of Florida schools. None! Nawsuh! :nono:

Get ready for your head to explode because the Department of Education doesn't, either! :aargh:

So why are you cheering to be ruled by them? That seems pretty stupid. Disney can’t hire enough lawyers to make laws. That’s what they are trying to do but they simply don’t have that power. File lawsuits and cry in the press but until they run and win seats in government they don’t get to make their own laws.

Don’t think we forgot your first round of arguments when this all started. Remember it was the state taking over that was going to cost them millions and Disney would be more than happy to hand that all over. Guess not.
You think I am cheering for Disney? No, I am condemning DeSantis for attempting to use our state as a stepping stone to national office no matter what it will cost those who have to live here.

Just don't shoot any innocent children, motherfucker.

Why don't they ever shoot at older Americans that have guns?

Is it the "gonna get shot back" part, er wut?
Shooting children is a "conservative" thing.
You're the ones with 5 guns each
Selling guns to criminals
Then offering "thoughts and prayers" when one of yours kills a dozen 1st graders.

And you clowns don't just kill children

Although that seems your preference.

DeSantis should not be using the power of his office to go after Disney for their wokeness.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Disney CEO Bob Iger on Monday said any retaliatory actions by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature against the company that threaten jobs or expansion at its Florida resort is not only “anti-business ... but anti-Florida.”

Answering a question during an online shareholders’ meeting, Iger said that the Republican governor and lawmakers appeared to be retaliating against the company for exercising its constitutional rights. He referred to the incident last year when Disney criticized Florida’s law dubbed by critics “Don’t Say Gay” while Bob Chapek was helming the company at the time. The measure bars instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, as well as lessons deemed not age-appropriate.

As far as I know, the government of Florida did not grant special privileges to Disney so that they could always spread a healthy and wholesome message of conservative values. They gave them privileges because they thought Disney World (or Disneyland, whichever is in Florida) would be draw to tourists, a provider of jobs, and other financial benefits.

No matter how much I agree with DeSantis views on protecting the rights of families and children, I don’t agree with him using the power of the state for to punish those who disagree with those views.

Maybe granting those privileges was a bad idea in the first place. Maybe it started off good, but now is no longer favorable to the people of Florida. Those are perfectly legit reasons to end them. But if Florida came out in favor of DeSantis ideas, I have to think that he would let them keep those privileges no matter how beneficial or non-beneficial to Floridians.

Political favors for supporters, and political revenge on detractors? Dems do that. We should not.
Hear, hear. Glad some Republicans are paying attention.

Disney ain't got no business in State of Florida schools. None! Nawsuh! :nono:

Get ready for your head to explode because the Department of Education doesn't, either! :aargh:
Disney isn't doing things in schools
Not banning books
Not hiding history
Not denying reality

All that would be Rhonda DuhPaissAntAss

Disney got political. Plus they were influencing woke and trannie teachers. You go jacking with the citizens and the government, there's going to be consequences.

You are a good little Nazi. Saying you disagree with a law is not influencing anyone. The consequences will be borne by taxpayers in Florida.

You think I am cheering for Disney? No, I am condemning DeSantis for attempting to use our state as a stepping stone to national office no matter what it will cost those who have to live here.
Of course governor is a stepping stone to president. Are you fucking retarded? And what exactly is Disney losing its fiefdom costing Florida? Oh right, nothing.

Forum List

Back