I love JK Rowling!

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looks like the Gestapo is coming for this nurse.

1626789219859.png

Newsweek

Nurse Being Investigated For 'I Love JK Rowling' Sign Over 'Threat to Gender Diverse' People​

A Canadian nurse is under investigation by a health regulator after complaints were made about an "I [heart] J.K. Rowling" billboard she paid for—a signage some argue supports the author's views on transgender people.

View attachment 514846

Newsweek

Nurse Being Investigated For 'I Love JK Rowling' Sign Over 'Threat to Gender Diverse' People​

A Canadian nurse is under investigation by a health regulator after complaints were made about an "I [heart] J.K. Rowling" billboard she paid for—a signage some argue supports the author's views on transgender people.

Screw the investigators. I don't care what Rowling thinks about gender or politics or what her detractors think. She is the most amazing writer in living memory, creating a classic series of fantasy books from her imagination, an instant classic in the modern world, my kids have enjoyed, I have enjoyed, along with people around the world, of different language, culture and background. She achieved greatness in her own time and got rich doing it.:mm: :TH_WAY~113:

Screw the investigators. I don't care what Rowling thinks about gender or politics or what her detractors think. She is the most amazing writer in living memory, creating a classic series of fantasy books from her imagination, an instant classic in the modern world, my kids have enjoyed, I have enjoyed, along with people around the world, of different language, culture and background. She achieved greatness in her own time and got rich doing it.:mm: :TH_WAY~113:

The 'Woke' are out to get her however, and in the climate we now live in, she'll be lucky if any publisher out there will still work with her in the coming years.

Good girl

"I don't think it's possible for women to defend their legal rights or even the definition of womanhood if anybody can say that they are a woman and it will be so,"

The 'Woke' are out to get her however, and in the climate we now live in, she'll be lucky if any publisher out there will still work with her in the coming years.
Bull hockey. I am pretty sure she can be published or publish, herself, if continued writing is what she wants to do. Her detractors are just gnats buzzing. There is no reason, she has to care. Her place in history is secured with her wizard world books, no matter what the "woke" world thinks.

JKR is FU rich. The only thing she has left to do to be a proper billionaire is start her own rocket company and blast herself into space on the SS Girls Have Vajayjays

Canada shows once more how they will tolerate only approved thought, expression and speech.
Our fascist neighbors to the north.

Bull hockey. I am pretty sure she can be published or publish, herself, if continued writing is what she wants to do. Her detractors are just gnats buzzing. There is no reason, she has to care. Her place in history is secured with her wizard world books, no matter what the "woke" world thinks.

The Woke have been able to silence some people with their cancelling tactics. I hope they fail with her, but don't be surprised if you see her less and less in the future.

The Woke have been able to silence some people with their cancelling tactics. I hope they fail with her, but don't be surprised if you see her less and less in the future.
No sweat. She is 56, later this month. I am pretty sure she can retire and do as she please. She doesn't owe to anybody to stay out front, nose to the grindstone. I retired at 60 and highly recommend it.

No sweat. She is 56, later this month. I am pretty sure she can retire and do as she please. She doesn't owe to anybody to stay out front, nose to the grindstone. I retired at 60 and highly recommend it.

I don't disagree with you, but here's a taste of what she's been getting.

J.K. Rowling Is SO CLOSE to Getting the Harm She’s Caused If She’d Only Connect the Dots​

I don't disagree with you, but here's a taste of what she's been getting.

J.K. Rowling Is SO CLOSE to Getting the Harm She’s Caused If She’d Only Connect the Dots​

Yes, I have heard the controversies, but still don't really care and doubt she does either. With her money, she doesn't have to. Way to go JK, the biggest literary success story since I have been alive.

View attachment 514846

Newsweek

Maybe she's a lesbian and really loves JK....?

Yes, I have heard the controversies, but still don't really care and doubt she does either. With her money, she doesn't have to. Way to go JK, the biggest literary success story since I have been alive.
Yes indeed, so exciting I slept through five of the six novels...

Yes indeed, so exciting I slept through five of the six novels...
Yep. Over 500 million copies sold by 2018, translated into 76 different languages around the world. The highest selling book of fiction series in the history of the world. I like actors for the character they perform, musicians for the music they create and writers for the stories they write and how they are received. I don't care much about their off-screen, off-album or non-literary controversies. It will be a long time before somebody tops her, probably not in my lifetime.

Forum List

Back