I made some deliberate changes to my dogs diet and have sacrified a great deal. I can proudly say his health has improved.dramtically.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He is all I have right now and knock on wood, G-d has answered my prayers. I am literally spending more on food for him than myself and I have deciedd to cut back on my food to make up for it. $75 Bags of dog food, chicken breast of four and he probably eats three of the four (not at once of course), valid supplements. Yes I still have to lift him up the stairs sometimes after a long walk, but he is excited about the snow and for his age he is still relatively healthy. I hope this continues. I was sure he was on his last legs but together we have turned the clock back! The next best thing is he is showering me with affection as if he knows how much effort I have put in for him.and is.conveying this to me. I am a proud fur daddy!

Last edited:
Nice to hear the good news ..

It's a lot cheaper to make dog food (as well as knowing what's in it) than buying dog food these days.. Although .. adding some dry food in their diet works for me..

Buying dry food (the ones you like) through Amazon and others if you wait/and stock up, works out pretty well .. as well.

Wonderful. I fed my dog the best of everything. Yes it makes a difference.
I have always tried to feed him decent food. Can foods, my scraps.etc. I have improved this further,.trial and error with certain foods and I bought him a small massage tool that really helps with his muscles and neck. He still wants me to throw the ball a couple of times a week for three or four runs. This is a big improvement.

Last edited:
Do you cook the chicken? I like to give my dog healthy treats and stuff and looked into raw diet but got grossed out over the raw part.

Do you cook the chicken? I like to give my dog healthy treats and stuff and looked into raw diet but got grossed out over the raw part.
Raw diets aren't really good for dogs or cats. After centuries of domestication their little digestive systems can no longer tolerate raw foods.

I always gave my dog human grade dog food. I tasted some of it. Quite good. It puts the lie to being so poor I had to eat dog food. That food was so expensive I couldn't afford to eat it.

I never cooked anything when I had my dog "Georgie"

And I don't cookd anything for my baby cat "Toby" now.

My dog was very healthy and m sweetness cat Toby is amazingly healthy and naughty.

I'm happy with that.:biggrin:

Wonderful. I fed my dog the best of everything. Yes it makes a difference.

59451.jpg

I had pegged you as a cat lover for obvious reasons but of course you can be both.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back